Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ankle
tradition Wrote:The best you can is not good enough if you think you are going to practice on Monday. Don't be stupid. I know you are a freshman and you want to do everything right and look tough, but you have a long road ahead of you. You may start next year but not if you let your pride get in the way and screw up your recovery. It is not about you looking good, it is about what is best for the team in the future. If you are not a major contributor, then rest and your day will come and you need to be 100 percent. If you are a contributor at the freshman level your coaches would be telling you the same thing, unless they are stupid.

i dont think im going to start till im a junior because were only losing 3 seniors this year and after that we lose about 12 or 13
I'm not going to tell you what to do, because I played with a separated AC joint, which I popped back into place myself (most painful experience of my life). HOWEVER, if you reinjure yourself, it's a sign you shouldn't have been pushing yourself in the first place. There's nothing wrong with going to practice, doing what drills you can, working hard, but also taking precautions to not make your injury worse.

Tape that thing up. You want it tight, but not so tight that your toes get cold. Wear your brace, even during school (you never know what can happen). Alternate hot and cold, but neither temp should be so extreme that the temperature causes pain: it's supposed to be as hot or cold as you can comfortably stand, and in both cases only use the temperature therapy for 15-20 minutes at a time.

PT is Physical Therapy. The great crew in South Williamson is half the reason Belfry didn't have any more season enders than they did last year. They did a lot for several of the guys, my brother and Maydo among them.
I jumped out of a tree once whenever I was young and sprained my ankle and it has never been the same.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
I watched that Freshmen vs. Jr. High game and i saw a MLB get hurt.

If that was you id be embarrased because you got injured by their 7th grade 5'1 quarterback Smile

get him back though
play_maker Wrote:I watched that Freshmen vs. Jr. High game and i saw a MLB get hurt.

If that was you id be embarrased because you got injured by their 7th grade 5'1 quarterback Smile

get him back though

haha yea i sacked him (even know we wernt supposed to Smile ) then fell on it wrong who r u btw?
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Whats pt?

Physical Therapy

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
[quote=Sarrr]I'm not going to tell you what to do, because I played with a separated AC joint, which I popped back into place myself (most painful experience of my life). HOWEVER, if you reinjure yourself, it's a sign you shouldn't have been pushing yourself in the first place. There's nothing wrong with going to practice, doing what drills you can, working hard, but also taking precautions to not make your injury worse.

Tape that thing up. You want it tight, but not so tight that your toes get cold. Wear your brace, even during school (you never know what can happen). Alternate hot and cold, but neither temp should be so extreme that the temperature causes pain: it's supposed to be as hot or cold as you can comfortably stand, and in both cases only use the temperature therapy for 15-20 minutes at a time.

PT is Physical Therapy. The great crew in South Williamson is half the reason Belfry didn't have any more season enders than they did last year. They did a lot for several of the guys, my brother and Maydo among them.[/quote]

That is where my son is going. He really likes them. Scott Orthopedics along with Dr. Johnson both recommended PT for a while. His injury is a knee though and not an ankle.

phs1986 Wrote:[quote=Sarrr]I'm not going to tell you what to do, because I played with a separated AC joint, which I popped back into place myself (most painful experience of my life). HOWEVER, if you reinjure yourself, it's a sign you shouldn't have been pushing yourself in the first place. There's nothing wrong with going to practice, doing what drills you can, working hard, but also taking precautions to not make your injury worse.

PT is Physical Therapy. The great crew in South Williamson is half the reason Belfry didn't have any more season enders than they did last year. They did a lot for several of the guys, my brother and Maydo among them.[/quote]

That is where my son is going. He really likes them. Scott Orthopedics along with Dr. Johnson both recommended PT for a while. His injury is a knee though and not an ankle.

what do they do?
mullinstiger55 Wrote:[quote=phs1986]

what do they do?

It just depends on what the doctor orders. With my son, they are working on strength, flexibility, and mobility. You need to have your mom/dad talk to your Dr. about getting you a script for it if they feel it could benefit you with the type of injury you have. Good Luck and take care of that ankle!!!

They make you do exercises to strengthen the joint, tendons, ligaments, and muscle.

Which procedures they do I don't know, because I'm not a physical therapist, I'm a radiologic technologist (xray & CT).

Break it, and I'll take a picture of it Tongue
Sarrr Wrote:They make you do exercises to strengthen the joint, tendons, ligaments, and muscle.

Which procedures they do I don't know, because I'm not a physical therapist, I'm a radiologic technologist (xray & CT).

Break it, and I'll take a picture of it Tongue

LOL.... You may have just took a picture of my youngins knee the other day then!! LOL... Who knows??? Smile

phs1986 Wrote:LOL.... You may have just took a picture of my youngins knee the other day then!! LOL... Who knows??? Smile

Lol i smell a pm
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Lol i smell a pm

Na... I have already gotten the results.. LOL... He is now working on what needs to be done to get back out on the field!!

Kcc has some bad ankles