Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Read on Elisha Justice
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well it turns into having to prove how good he is because some people are so jealous of him and put him down and some people will get on here and read and not know how good he really is because of the people that down him, so you have to throw a little truth out there every now and then.

I don't think anyone is downing him. I think there is light being shed on how difficult it is for someone to play D1 basketball. Look at Matt Walls. Justice is no where close to his level at the same time and Walls is no longer playing D1 hoops. So many times some get overrecruited and end up losing interest and not even getting a 4-year education. Lets hope he gets to play somewhere and its at a level where he can succeed. UK and Arkansas is far reaching when he does not have any offers from low major or mid majors.
BUHoops Wrote:I don't think anyone is downing him. I think there is light being shed on how difficult it is for someone to play D1 basketball. Look at Matt Walls. Justice is no where close to his level at the same time and Walls is no longer playing D1 hoops. So many times some get overrecruited and end up losing interest and not even getting a 4-year education. Lets hope he gets to play somewhere and its at a level where he can succeed. UK and Arkansas is far reaching when he does not have any offers from low major or mid majors.

Buddy I'm sorry to "burst your bubble", but Elisha has already been told by Pelphrey that he'll be watching him over the next few years. When a D-1 coach says he's gonna keep up on you, you know you're on that level.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Buddy I'm sorry to "burst your bubble", but Elisha has already been told by Pelphrey that he'll be watching him over the next few years. When a D-1 coach says he's gonna keep up on you, you know you're on that level.

It does not mean anything! An offer in hand does. You don't think Pelphrey doesn't say that to over 100 kids. Recruiting is casting a wide wide net. Justice needs to excel at the high school level and stand out first. Give Justice time. Let him perform and develop.

How many offers does Arkansas even have for the 2010 class? Will they have a need at point? How many point guards already have offers from Arkansas and are out in front of Justice? Justice is not a priority or he would have an actual offer from at least a low D1 school.
BUHoops Wrote:It does not mean anything! An offer in hand does. You don't think Pelphrey doesn't say that to over 100 kids. Recruiting is casting a wide wide net. Justice needs to excel at the high school level and stand out first. Give Justice time. Let him perform and develop.

How many offers does Arkansas even have for the 2010 class? Will they have a need at point? How many point guards already have offers from Arkansas and are out in front of Justice? Justice is not a priority or he would have an actual offer from at least a low D1 school.

Did you not read the article with statements from Booher? He said Elisha has not got the publication he needs to get recruited big. But he did mention Elisha will be playing big time AAU ball this coming Summer, so look for the good offers to roll in Summer of 09. Also, Pehphrey is from Johnson County and I'm sure BMR has told Pelphrey about Elisha from having to coach against him. And I'm also sure that Pelphrey will have no problem getting himself or a scout back to these mountains to watch Elisha play some this Winter or next.

Boy would that be some sight to see John Pelphrey sitting in the stands of Shelby Valley.
BUHoops Wrote:Yes, Georgetown College in Kentucky has offered Faulkner and Justice

BUHoops Wrote:Here's hoping he has a great season and gets his first offer for a free education anywhere.

Which is it???
BUHoops Wrote:It does not mean anything! An offer in hand does. You don't think Pelphrey doesn't say that to over 100 kids. Recruiting is casting a wide wide net. Justice needs to excel at the high school level and stand out first. Give Justice time. Let him perform and develop.

Great post.
I have talked many times to Elisha about this topic. He knows he isn't a priority to the upper D1 schools. No where in his mind does he have any illusions that he is their top point guard recruit. He would feel blessed to just get to play for any of them. However, he could very well be a high recruit for Marshall, or G'town or PC. He is as humble as it gets about his ability and his chances to play D1. He really is someone that just loves basketball that much and he definitely isn't caught up in his own hype.
This will be my first and last post on this site. I just wanted to weigh in on this topic, because of my deep love and respect for Elisha and his family. I coached Elisha for 3 years at Shelby Valley. I have never coached a kid with more passion, drive, and integrity. I think that it is shameful that anyone would try to discourage a kid from pursuing his dream. I love when people underestimate Elisha's talent and abilities, it makes it that much sweeter when he proves them wrong. He has always been small, and probably will not grow anymore. However, his heart has proved to be bigger than anything else. So all of you doubters that think that Elisha isn't going to make it at the next level, keep it up, It will just make him work harder.

Hundley
How about just wishing the kid good luck and let him compete for the next 2 years and then see how good he is. I hope this dosen't turn into another Landon Slone thread, where some people had him getting offers from every university in the country. Let this kid enjoy the next 2 years without peer pressure.
CLOSED!

It's really sad that people cannot get on here and actually congradulate Elisha on his accomplishments & honors without someone disagreeing with them saying that he won't do this or that.