Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Awesome Read on Elisha Justice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With all the various pickup game reports (including mine below), there has been a great deal of analysis of how the various Cats look at this point. However for me, a side story to watch from the day may be the play of Elisha Justice (who I am predisposed to like as he shares his first name with my grandfather), a point guard who plays for Shelby Valley High School who at times dazzled on Saturday. The young man played with no fear and although he is short, he handles the ball well and made a couple of great plays during the games. He was one of only a couple of recruits there and his game made some turn their hands. The young man attended Florida’s Elite Camp this year and is being recruited by John Pelphrey at Arkansas. Keep this kid in mind and watch the Junior to be this year…..I think you will be hearing more from him very soon.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=7344

I didn't even know that he was going to the open practice and playing with other recruits and current UK players.
Kentucky is pretty serious about Elisha, as is Pelphrey. Billy Gillespie is trying to keep the in-state players in-state. And given 2 more years to develop, Elisha could be a very good player to sign with UK.
If he starts scoring more this year and leads the Wildcats to the Sweet16 and makes a push at the state championship then it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a scholarship.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Video with Slone & Justice in it.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/J...CN0137.flv
Thats awsome, Landon looks like he bulked up a little this summer and Justice is really doing his thing now days so hopfully everything will work out for him. I'm felling much better about 15th region basketball as a whole, it getting back to where it was 5 or six years ago. At least the individual talent is.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Kentucky is pretty serious about Elisha, as is Pelphrey. Billy Gillespie is trying to keep the in-state players in-state. And given 2 more years to develop, Elisha could be a very good player to sign with UK.

People get real!! Look at players like Matt Walls and Ty Proffitt both 10 times better than Justice. Matt is back at NAIA Georgtown and Proffitt just left Notre Dame for Morehead. It much harder than folks know to play at a major D1 and Justice will be lucky to play at a major NAIA.
Survivor Wrote:People get real!! Look at players like Matt Walls and Ty Proffitt both 10 times better than Justice. Matt is back at NAIA Georgtown and Proffitt just left Notre Dame for Morehead. It much harder than folks know to play at a major D1 and Justice will be lucky to play at a major NAIA.

You have lost it.
Survivor Wrote:People get real!! Look at players like Matt Walls and Ty Proffitt both 10 times better than Justice. Matt is back at NAIA Georgtown and Proffitt just left Notre Dame for Morehead. It much harder than folks know to play at a major D1 and Justice will be lucky to play at a major NAIA.

Wow, Mr. Negativity...

Of course it's hard to make it at a D1 school, and Justice hasn't even been offered a scholarship yet. He still has a lot of hard work ahead of him and needs to prove himself on a bigger stage. But to say he will be lucky to play major NAIA reeks of personal bias.

Look, we all know your feelings on Mr. Justice and his apparent inferiority to Hazard's Whitaker. One might also call me biased toward Mr. Justice, as I do follow Shelby Valley basketball fairly closely. But I'm pretty sure the author on this particular blog (Matt Jones) has no rooting interest either for or against Shelby Valley or Elisha Justice. He's just an unbiased observer offering his opinions from the open practice this weekend.

Again, Justice hasn't received any offers from any D1 schools yet, and he may never get any. But at least he is receiving interest from Billy Gillespie, John Pelphrey, and Billy Donovan, and I'm pretty sure they're unbiased. So they must think he's pretty decent.
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow, Mr. Negativity...

Of course it's hard to make it at a D1 school, and Justice hasn't even been offered a scholarship yet. He still has a lot of hard work ahead of him and needs to prove himself on a bigger stage. But to say he will be lucky to play major NAIA reeks of personal bias.

Look, we all know your feelings on Mr. Justice and his apparent inferiority to Hazard's Whitaker. One might also call me biased toward Mr. Justice, as I do follow Shelby Valley basketball fairly closely. But I'm pretty sure the author on this particular blog (Matt Jones) has no rooting interest either for or against Shelby Valley or Elisha Justice. He's just an unbiased observer offering his opinions from the open practice this weekend.

Again, Justice hasn't received any offers from any D1 schools yet, and he may never get any. But at least he is receiving interest from Billy Gillespie, John Pelphrey, and Billy Donovan, and I'm pretty sure they're unbiased. So they must think he's pretty decent.

I can see things the way they really are. If you think for minute this kid is going to play major D1 you're are crazier than I thought. NOWAY END OF STORY!!!!
Survivor Wrote:I can see things the way they really are. If you think for minute this kid is going to play major D1 you're are crazier than I thought. NOWAY END OF STORY!!!!

Please show me where I stated that Elisha Justice will play at a major D1 school. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

All I did was state facts, in that he has received interest from the coaches of some major D1 programs and been invited to their elite camps. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether he gets any D1 scholarship offers depends on how much his game improves these next two years, and I even said he may not get any offers.

But let's see who "sees things for how they really are". You? Not quite, you have bashed Elisha Justice on BGR threads multiple times in the past, usually as a way to promote Hazard's Whitaker as the better player. So I think you have some bias.

Me? Maybe not, I do closely follow SV basketball, and I think Justice is a very good player. Good enough to play D1, probably not, but he still has time to improve. And he is receiving interest from these schools, so they must see something.

No, I think the opinion of this blogger, Matt Jones, appears to be the most unbiased. As far as I know he has no ties to Justice or Shelby Valley, he's just an impartial observer who felt that Elisha Justice held his own at the open practice this weekend..
One questions Survivor, have you ever seen Elisha Justice play?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If he starts scoring more this year and leads the Wildcats to the Sweet16 and makes a push at the state championship then it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a scholarship.

i wouldnt doubt it a bit neither. The kid has potential, i play with him at the YMCA some and he shows maturity, boldness, kindness, and can still have fun while playing the game right and dominate. Good luck Elisha on your life-long dream
Survivor Wrote:I can see things the way they really are. If you think for minute this kid is going to play major D1 you're are crazier than I thought. NOWAY END OF STORY!!!!

well heck he was one of the top 5 point guards in the 15th Region as a FRESHMEN. Not very many kids can accomplish that
In that 30 seconds of video you see Elisha bounce outside to stop Landon from taking a 3 pointer (Landon dishes the ball off) and then you see Elisha tip the ball away from Landon.

If Elisha can play good defense on someone that is already playing major D-1 ball, what would make someone think that in 2 more years he won't look even better?
PC_You_Know Wrote:In that 30 seconds of video you see Elisha bounce outside to stop Landon from taking a 3 pointer (Landon dishes the ball off) and then you see Elisha tip the ball away from Landon.

If Elisha can play good defense on someone that is already playing major D-1 ball, what would make someone think that in 2 more years he won't look even better?

If Landon were a D1 prospect he would have signed with one. He's a walk on bench setter.
Survivor Wrote:If Landon were a D1 prospect he would have signed with one. He's a walk on bench setter.

He wasn't cut from the team was he? Didn't think so.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He wasn't cut from the team was he? Didn't think so.

Like I said, walk on bench setter.Smile
Survivor Wrote:If Landon were a D1 prospect he would have signed with one. He's a walk on bench setter.
Man why do you have to be so negative to these kids there out there getting a good education and trying to make a name for them selfs so what if he didn't sign with UK i don't see you there playing for them.
Survivor Wrote:Like I said, walk on bench setter.Smile

We got that captain obvious, but like I said, we wasn't cut, so he can play. Now end your rant right there.
BatCat11 Wrote:Man why do you have to be so negative to these kids there out there getting a good education and trying to make a name for them selfs so what if he didn't sign with UK i don't see you there playing for them.

I'm not being negative I'm just tell it like it is. Too many parents and friends get on here and blow players up and IMO that is doing more harm than tell it like it is. I have seen a lot of high school players through the years and parents and friends tell them they were going to be big stars and most of them never even played college basketball. Justice is a good little high school player and IMO will end up playing NAIA which is something to be proud of. He is not a major or Mid Major player IMO and if you don't like the truth that's don't read my post.
Survivor Wrote:I'm not being negative I'm just tell it like it is. Too many parents and friends get on here and blow players up and IMO that is doing more harm than tell it like it is. I have seen a lot of high school players through the years and parents and friends tell them they were going to be big stars and most of them never even played college basketball. Justice is a good little high school player and IMO will end up playing NAIA which is something to be proud of. He is not a major or Mid Major player IMO and if you don't like the truth that's don't read my post.

Show me some evidence where you are allowed to tell a player if he is going to play D-1 or NAIA.

Also, do not send me a private message again, and if you do, don't curse at me in them.
Survivor Wrote:I'm not being negative I'm just tell it like it is. Too many parents and friends get on here and blow players up and IMO that is doing more harm than tell it like it is. I have seen a lot of high school players through the years and parents and friends tell them they were going to be big stars and most of them never even played college basketball. Justice is a good little high school player and IMO will end up playing NAIA which is something to be proud of. He is not a major or Mid Major player IMO and if you don't like the truth that's don't read my post.

What qualifies you as a talent scout?

Justice will easily play at G-town if he chooses. Thats about as high in NAIA as you can go.

If he continues to improve like he has the past 2 years the next 2 years he will play where he wants. Now am I saying he will start at UK, Arkansas, or Florida as a Frosh., nope. I guarantees he plays D-1 though if he improves like he has in the past.
Here is another article on Elisha from a couple of weeks back. I don't know how to post a link so you can copy and paste it...

www.wholehogsports.com/adg/235703/print
Landon and Elisha are both D1 players hands down! I guess people get jelouse and try to bash them?
I don't think there is any point in arguing about Elisha or the success he is having right now. He still has two years to develop his game, and prove what he can do on the court. As mostly fans of Eastern Kentucky Basketball you should all be proud that the region is beginning to rebuild its talent and wish him and others luck.

More importantly Elisha is working his butt off for a kid his size being from Eastern Kentucky, and no matter where he ends up I wish him luck and believe he'll represent the area with a ton of effort and class.
The King Wrote:Here is another article on Elisha from a couple of weeks back. I don't know how to post a link so you can copy and paste it...

www.wholehogsports.com/adg/235703/print

Here's the article...Thanks for posting King, that was a great read (other than then saying Shelby County)

Arkansas Coach John Pelphrey is back in his home state of Kentucky, checking out one of the top basketball prospects for the 2010 class.

Point guard Elisha Justice, 5-10, 160 pounds, of Shelby County High School attended the Kentucky and Florida elite camps this summer. He also was invited to the Arkansas’ elite camp but already had committed to go to Florida.

“Coach Pelphrey invited me down there, but I had already sent in my information to Florida,” Justice said. “He told me to come back down next summer. He was letting me know he’s going to recruit me and was going to keep up with me. He’s real nice. I like Coach Pelphrey a lot.”

Justice and four other campers surprised people at the Florida camp by defeating the Gators’ starting five by seven points.

“My team was up first, and we played Jai Lucas and the starting five for four minutes and we ended up beating them, so we got to stay up,” Justice said. “I think they were expecting the college guys to stay up so everyone could play them, but we beat them and played against five other campers.”

Shelby County Coach Jason Booher attended the camp and said while Lucas and his teammates came back and won in a rematch, Justice came away with a lot of confidence.

“I thought Jai Lucas would be quicker than Elisha, but Elisha is as quick as he is,” Booher said. “He held his own with him, and that showed me right there that Elisha can play for anybody. He came away confident and feels like he can play with anybody.”

Other schools showing interest include Colorado, Western Kentucky and Marshall.

Justice said Marshall indicated that a scholarship offer could be coming, but Kentucky is his favorite.

“If they offered, it would be tough [to turn down ],” Justice said. “I’ve always loved Kentucky.”

Justice averaged 14. 1 points, 3. 5 rebounds, 3. 6 assists, 3. 9 steals and had 138 deflections in 29 games last season. He shot 60 percent from the field and 41 percent from beyond the three-point line. Justice set the school record for steals (133 in 33 games ) his freshman year, and he’s on pace to break the state record for career steals.

“He’s the best defender I’ve ever seen on the high school level,” said Booher, who has coached for 13 years.

“I can’t stand watching someone dribbling the ball right in front of my face,” Justice said. “It kills me. You’re either going to go around me or you’re going to get rid of it.”

Booher said being from eastern Kentucky has hampered Justice’s recruiting because he doesn’t get as much publicity. “He hasn’t played on the big AAU circuit,” Booher said. “Next summer he’s going to hit the circuit really big.”
^That's was an awesome write-up with Elisha.
Here is another short article that mentions Elisha. It is by Jerry Tipton.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/

Whether Elisha plays D1, mid major, high NAIA, or nothing at all, you've got to love it for him. He is such a great guy and he deserves all the praise he gets. Personally, I love it and I am so proud of him. I couldn't imagine being more happy for him if he were my own son. He continues to work harder and harder to get better and it shows everytime he takes the court.
Now that article just goes to show what people on here know about Elisha. Booher said Elisha wads able to compete with Jai Lucas, who we all know was one of the top point guards in the country. It really bothers me when people try to put down Elisha, it shows their jealousy so much.

On a side note, I hope Elisha goes to Kentucky, I see in the future a scholarship offer being placed in front of him from Billy Gillespie.
Have been a fan for a while...The boy can just flat out play basketball...And a SUPERKID!!
Pages: 1 2 3