Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central Patriots 08-09
KCC does not have the best chance to beat Hazard, PCC does.
You Knott Co fans are getting way to confident. I know this may be the best team knott has put together in many years, but Hazard is the team to beat in the 14th. I personally don't think knott can within 15 pts of Hazard. I guess time will tell. Go Dawgs!!:Clap:
Survivor Wrote:You Knott Co fans are getting way to confident. I know this may be the best team knott has put together in many years, but Hazard is the team to beat in the 14th. I personally don't think knott can within 15 pts of Hazard. I guess time will tell. Go Dawgs!!:Clap:
KCC beat Hazard 4 out of 5 times at the Sortsplex. Yes they had Wihtaker and Cambell and Warren . They brought them all. KCC played some with Collins but mostly with out him. GO! PATS. Most of the time KCC only had 5m or 6 players. Stamper, Cox, Ratliff, Hall, Caudill Bartum.
14th Region Championship

Hazard-65 Kcc-125
RavenBoy Wrote:14th Region Championship

Hazard-65 Kcc-125

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile In your dreams!!!
[quote=KyGurl]Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile In your dreams!!![/quote KCC them by 17, wide awake.
Survivor Wrote:You Knott Co fans are getting way to confident. I know this may be the best team knott has put together in many years, but Hazard is the team to beat in the 14th. I personally don't think knott can within 15 pts of Hazard. I guess time will tell. Go Dawgs!!:Clap:

I personally know, KCC beat Hazard, 4 out of five times. At the sportsplex . KCC beat them by 17 in one of the games. And yes they had Cambell, Whitaker. and they had Warren in all but one game. They had 'em all. KCC played with 5 to 6 players. Stamper, Cox, Ratliff, Hall, Caudill, and a game or two with Collins. Maybe , Hazard is too confident.
fly on the wall Wrote:I personally know, KCC beat Hazard, 4 out of five times. At the sportsplex . KCC beat them by 17 in one of the games. And yes they had Cambell, Whitaker. and they had Warren in all but one game. They had 'em all. KCC played with 5 to 6 players. Stamper, Cox, Ratliff, Hall, Caudill, and a game or two with Collins. Maybe , Hazard is too confident.

Hazard has been to the championship game of the region two or last three years and won two of them and very close to winning three. They have basically the same team they had last year and nearly made it to the final four in the sweet sixteen tournament. Why shouldn't Hazard be confident??? Knott hasn't won anything in years and let me remind you that summer ball doesn't mean a thing. If you remember correctly JBS nearly beat Scott Co. last year in summer ball and just look what happened to poor old JBS. So, KCC if you get to over confident you might just KNOTT make it out of your district. GO HHS!
Survivor Wrote:Hazard has been to the championship game of the region two or last three years and won two of them and very close to winning three. They have basically the same team they had last year and nearly made it to the final four in the sweet sixteen tournament. Why shouldn't Hazard be confident??? Knott hasn't won anything in years and let me remind you that summer ball doesn't mean a thing. If you remember correctly JBS nearly beat Scott Co. last year in summer ball and just look what happened to poor old JBS. So, KCC if you get to over confident you might just KNOTT make it out of your district. GO HHS!

Too bad you weren't there to see KCC beat Hazard. four times! Or were you? Summer ball is just a preview of things to come. KCC also played Scott Co. within 3. I am looking forward to a great season with alll of KCC's Jr.s and a couple of good seniors. Hazard has the same team, but KCC has added a few .
Survivor Wrote:Hazard has been to the championship game of the region two or last three years and won two of them and very close to winning three. They have basically the same team they had last year and nearly made it to the final four in the sweet sixteen tournament. Why shouldn't Hazard be confident??? Knott hasn't won anything in years and let me remind you that summer ball doesn't mean a thing. If you remember correctly JBS nearly beat Scott Co. last year in summer ball and just look what happened to poor old JBS. So, KCC if you get to over confident you might just KNOTT make it out of your district. GO HHS!
Knott this year Hazard
Smile
RavenBoy Wrote:Knott this year Hazard
Smile

thats original, you think of that all by yourself? HAHA
I believe everyone on the site from Knott County has out grown their britches in the past 3 monthes. I totally agree they have great talent but that talent has not won anything yet, they have never beaten hazard in a REAL game. just some summer games. It will interesting to See how the staff at Knott handles the pressure of having these high expectations, they have never been in this situation. They have had at very best mediocre teams the past 7 or 8 and made it to the regional semi's with a lucky draw (owsley) two seasons ago, and to go from that to Supposed to win the region will be a tough task it usually takes years at a sustained level before you win the region. So with that I just dont think Knott County will be able to put it together this year and win it. I do believe they will win the District but I dont think they can beat Perry or Hazard in the regional.
Cougarfan25 Wrote:I believe everyone on the site from Knott County has out grown their britches in the past 3 monthes. I totally agree they have great talent but that talent has not won anything yet, they have never beaten hazard in a REAL game. just some summer games. It will interesting to See how the staff at Knott handles the pressure of having these high expectations, they have never been in this situation. They have had at very best mediocre teams the past 7 or 8 and made it to the regional semi's with a lucky draw (owsley) two seasons ago, and to go from that to Supposed to win the region will be a tough task it usually takes years at a sustained level before you win the region. So with that I just dont think Knott County will be able to put it together this year and win it. I do believe they will win the District but I dont think they can beat Perry or Hazard in the regional.

Ok, hold on, first of all, britches?? haha that's funny, ...ok here's how I look at it:

In Knott County, there were two schools: Knott County Central High School & June Buchanan School. These two schools throughout the past few years have had very competitive basketball teams with some very talented players. Both schools also have together beaten every single team in the 14th region at least once or twice. Well, news flash, these two schools are now practically one, with the best talent from each forming one new team for Knott County Central. How do you think that we can not compete with PCC, and HHS, and some even put LCC in there every now and then, when our team is comprised of players that ether HAVE or ALMOST HAVE beaten every one of these teams. Last year, KCC beat every team but HHS that they played from the 14th region at least once, coming within 3 points of HHS. JBS beat every team in the 14th region at least once, including HHS... WELL NOW you have the best of these two teams together! How can you say we wont compete??? Oh, and for all of you that think that tensions exist between KCC and new JBS students and players, you are WRONG. We are all kids at one school now, and thats the way its going to be. The KCC JBS rivalry is over, but a new one is just beginning, and every student at KCC, new and old, are gonna fight it together. We are now ONE, We are now KNOTT COUNTY CENTRAL! the way it should be. Look for us to make a name for ourself this year and rise to the top of the 14th region. Those of you that feel otherwise, all I have to say is wait till game day, then we shall see.....
Cougarfan25 Wrote:I believe everyone on the site from Knott County has out grown their britches in the past 3 monthes. I totally agree they have great talent but that talent has not won anything yet, they have never beaten hazard in a REAL game. just some summer games. It will interesting to See how the staff at Knott handles the pressure of having these high expectations, they have never been in this situation. They have had at very best mediocre teams the past 7 or 8 and made it to the regional semi's with a lucky draw (owsley) two seasons ago, and to go from that to Supposed to win the region will be a tough task it usually takes years at a sustained level before you win the region. So with that I just dont think Knott County will be able to put it together this year and win it. I do believe they will win the District but I dont think they can beat Perry or Hazard in the regional.

Sorry, but some of these boys have been to the sweet sixteen and they know the pressure. They beat Hazard to get therel They beat Hazard in the WYMT and they can do it again. This is a TEAM. More than one man shoots the ball and they know how to pass. Don't worry about the britches, they fit good . We still got 2 years.
When adversity hits will determine this team's success or lack of. After a big loss, or lack of playing time by a player that was accustomed to more time, will show this team's true character.

Fans that cheered against each other will bond or will separate into their own clique and drive a wedge between players and coaches.

Time will tell.
I have to say Hazard is probobly the fav. but knott is very capable of winning the region .. perry also has a decent chance as well as letcher. Those are really the only 4 teams i see with a legit shot at winning the region. I feel sorry for coach amburgey because eveerybody and their brother thinks they are a coach in knott co. if they would leave him alone and let him coach, you dont see any hazard fans gettin on here and second guessing Coach Holland and they wont, but the first game kcc loses everybody on here will be second guessing coach amburgey.
I agree Norm!
UKisN1 Wrote:When adversity hits will determine this team's success or lack of. After a big loss, or lack of playing time by a player that was accustomed to more time, will show this team's true character.

Fans that cheered against each other will bond or will separate into their own clique and drive a wedge between players and coaches.

Time will tell.

The boys who will be playing together at KCC have played together when they were younger and in fact won a baseball championship in Ashland.to go on to Atlanta. Its not like they haven't played together and got along fine. .what ever sport.
Is it just me or are the KCC fans starting to act just like the JBS fans did last year?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Is it just me or are the KCC fans starting to act just like the JBS fans did last year?

It's you. I wish Hazard and KCC luck next year.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Is it just me or are the KCC fans starting to act just like the JBS fans did last year?

Lets dont put them down that bad, I think KCC fans are just excited about the upcoming season, while I dont know if they'll win the region I think we all will agree this will be their best chance in 8 or 9 years and things will be better than they have been in a while at the Complex. Hazard, PCC, LCC KCC will all be in the running but I think KCC has gone from a team just trying to make the region to a team that has a legitimate shot at winning it in the 3 years since Coach A has been over, should be interesting in the 14th this year.
UKisN1 Wrote:When adversity hits will determine this team's success or lack of. After a big loss, or lack of playing time by a player that was accustomed to more time, will show this team's true character.

Time will tell.

didn't you just read the big speech I made about unity at KCC? WE DONT CARE WHERE WE ARE FROM JBS OR KCC! WE ARE ONE KCC NOW AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. All are differences are gone, and none of us care about the name of the school we went to. Take it from a student, everything will be fine, you don't have to worry about school differences getting in the way, fans or students. The kids were pretty much friends from the beginning anyway! We grew up with most of them!
Read my first two sentences. I didn't say it would happen. I said it would prove their success.

You don't have to shout to be heard.
UKisN1 Wrote:Read my first two sentences. I didn't say it would happen. I said it would prove their success.

You don't have to shout to be heard.

I apologize if it seemed I was coming over as shouting, I was just making it clear so everyone would read it. I was just saying that thats how it is gonna be sorry, and i understand your point.
No problem. Good luck to the Pats this year! Should be a good year for them.
I wouldnt get to excited yet, wait till after the WYMT Tourny.
RavenBoy Wrote:I wouldnt get to excited yet, wait till after the WYMT Tourny.

KCC or HHs has the best shot at winning it... but I have to go with KCC.
They need to dem those lights in there gym, its just too bright.
PATS2011 Wrote:KCC has a bright future ahead of them! =) GO PATS!

yea if they pass the ball they might
:Cheerlead

may i have wat you are smoking plzz
hazard did not come within 20 pts of kcc this summer
oo wait hazard didnt have all there players
at the sportsplex tourney
both teams had all there players and wat happened
kcc wins by 19
:thatsfunn