Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central Patriots 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think KCC will have a very good team this coming season. With the talent that they had and the new talent we have coming, they will be tough to beat. Randy Lewis is, hopefully gonna transfer to KCC, I think his parents are moving to Knott Co, so I hope that is the case anyway. I always thought he was one of Hazards best players and they just pushed him aside when they got that Warren boy. We will also have Tate and Brent and some freshman who came from JBS that are good players, so I think we will have a very well rounded team. I don't think anyone can predict anything about the season, but I would like to know everyones opinion. I think the 14th will have alot of talent in all the teams, and I wish every team the best of luck. See u on the court.
Has Lewis left Hazard? Does he intend to transfer to Knott? He played very well for Hazard in 2006-07. It would be interesting for Hazard if he returned to the player of that season.
Blocked Shot Wrote:Has Lewis left Hazard? Does he intend to transfer to Knott? He played very well for Hazard in 2006-07. It would be interesting for Hazard if he returned to the player of that season.

He has been playing summer ball with KCC and has told some of the boys that he would be attending school at KCC in the fall. I don't know if he will or not, but that is what he has told the team.
Too many players for just a few spots. The coaching staff has a '96 UK-like squad to convince what the ultimate goal should be.
Since Knott Central did not lose any players and have all starters returning how will the JBS transfers fit in? Knott Central split with JBS during regular season last year so all of the players are capable of competing for a position.

I'm also wondering about team chemistry since the JBS - KCC rivalry has been heated since JBS opened.

If these factors are managed correctly, Knott should be competitive for the next two years.
Knott Central has a good shot of winning region if they play as a team. Who are the assistant coaches at KCC?
KCC has a bright future ahead of them! =) GO PATS!
Should be a very competitive team this season.
Blocked Shot Wrote:Since Knott Central did not lose any players and have all starters returning how will the JBS transfers fit in? Knott Central split with JBS during regular season last year so all of the players are capable of competing for a position.

I'm also wondering about team chemistry since the JBS - KCC rivalry has been heated since JBS opened.

If these factors are managed correctly, Knott should be competitive for the next two years.

The chemistry is great! The boys from KCC and JBS have always been pretty good friends, I think it was more of a parent rivalry than a team rivalry.
KCC will be better than they have been in many years, if Collins comes over I look for the PATS to win the 14th, if not I think it will be a 4 team race.
Kcc 2008-09 state champs!
How did the team do this summer? This should give us some idea to team chemistry. Who started for the Pats? Did all of the KCC players from last year participate in summer ball?
Dawggie Wrote:How did the team do this summer? This should give us some idea to team chemistry. Who started for the Pats? Did all of the KCC players from last year participate in summer ball?
Like summer ball even matters. Im really gonna kill myself when it dont matter.
RavenBoy Wrote:Like summer ball even matters. Im really gonna kill myself when it dont matter.
If it didnt matter, why did you even play?
KCC will be the team to beat in 14th next year
Will the Pats face any coaching changes this season??
Warlock Wrote:If it didnt matter, why did you even play?
It has nothing to do with team ball. Its to show scouts that you can put a piece of rubber in a circle.

:rockon:
Blocked Shot Wrote:Will the Pats face any coaching changes this season??

No, Justin Amburgey will be the coach
RavenBoy Wrote:It has nothing to do with team ball. Its to show scouts that you can put a piece of rubber in a circle.

:rockon:
So, you are saying you played summer ball for yourself and not worry about the team effort?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:So, you are saying you played summer ball for yourself and not worry about the team effort?
I think KCC plays team ball whenever they play a game. Summer or season. If you are good enough, thye scouts will see you.
All successful teams will play team ball during the summer. We aren't talking about the AAU scene here.
I don't think Knott will do much at all this year, they will probably make it to region and that is it. They have alot of talent but not a good enough coach to make them play up to there abilities.
Anyone know if Brent Hall is eligible
They have alot of talent but not a good enough coach to make them play up to there abilities.

I would have to agree with that. Hard to beat the likes of Holland, Hatcher, and other very successful coaches come tournament time.
lcballer Wrote:I don't think Knott will do much at all this year, they will probably make it to region and that is it. They have alot of talent but not a good enough coach to make them play up to there abilities.

judging by you name, i presume you are either letcher or leslie...well all I can say is do you think your school could do better? Because from the looks of it right now...they cant.
I did hear from a source in Garrett that Johnny Martin may be joing the staff as a varsity assistant. Anybody else heard that?
PATS2011 Wrote:judging by you name, i presume you are either letcher or leslie...well all I can say is do you think your school could do better? Because from the looks of it right now...they cant.
A long way to the season starts.
yes...so KCC gan get even better than they already are!
Everyone will be improving with the necessary team workouts and coaching improvements.

Summer success doesn't translate into the regular season without those.
mr.baseball2012 Wrote:KCC will be the team to beat in 14th next year

I have to disagree, until somebody beats another one of Al Holland's dream teams then Hazard is the team to beat. KCC has the best chance though to beat Hazard for the region I believe. Personal opinion and you can call me insane but, i think a majority of the coaches in the region are better coaches the Al Holland. If you look at a majority of the times he's won the region he's had players who were just the regions cream of the crop. A whole starting 5 like that and 10 more behind that. The best regional title Holland ever won was in '04 when he beat Breathitt at Breathitt. I give him credit there. The rest however was you should win situations.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6