Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central Patriots 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Survivor Wrote:Lee co won't come within 20 pts of Hazard. Hazard will be a top ten team in the state. Lee will not be in the top 100, quit dreaming and thinking with your heart. Lee will be lucky to be top ten in the region.
I don't think Lee County can beat Hazard either. The Bulldogs are a top 10-15 team in the state.
But the Bobcats do have talent. They are one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the region, and have a good chance(with the right draw) of making it to the championship game of the region. Aaron Charles is one of the best players in the region, and he has help.
And if these two meet on the hardwood this year I'm sure a lot of basketball followers in the 14th would be willing to take the Bobcats and the 20 point spread you are giving.
Survivor Wrote:Lee co won't come within 20 pts of Hazard. Hazard will be a top ten team in the state. Lee will not be in the top 100, quit dreaming and thinking with your heart. Lee will be lucky to be top ten in the region.

Maybe you're right. But Michael Campbell was Hazard's heart the last two seasons. They will still have the talent, but will they be able to replace the heart?

There isn't a team returning that was as 'strong' as the preseason JBS team last year.

Lee should be bigger, stronger and better this season. Hazard without Campbell should be about the same as last season. I think that they beat Lee by 1 pt and by 7 pts last year.

With Campbell....then I would agree that they should be the best team in the 14th. PCC, KCC and LCC will probably be about as good. Lee, Estill and Breathitt may be as good. The 14th may be more equal through 8 teams than many of you think.

Also, Whitaker brought another kid with him that played the last part of the season...can't remember his name. Is that kid returning? He will be a factor also.
ARC Wrote:Maybe you're right. But Michael Campbell was Hazard's heart the last two seasons. They will still have the talent, but will they be able to replace the heart?

There isn't a team returning that was as 'strong' as the preseason JBS team last year.

Lee should be bigger, stronger and better this season. Hazard without Campbell should be about the same as last season. I think that they beat Lee by 1 pt and by 7 pts last year.

With Campbell....then I would agree that they should be the best team in the 14th. PCC, KCC and LCC will probably be about as good. Lee, Estill and Breathitt may be as good. The 14th may be more equal through 8 teams than many of you think.

Also, Whitaker brought another kid with him that played the last part of the season...can't remember his name. Is that kid returning? He will be a factor also.

Robert Warren, yes he will be returning.
ARC Wrote:Maybe you're right. But Michael Campbell was Hazard's heart the last two seasons. They will still have the talent, but will they be able to replace the heart?

I think the part I have bolded tells the story. You have nailed it.

Hazard didn't exactly run all over Lee County last year, and now they supposely don't have Campbell. Add to that that Lee should be better this season. They have Charles, who is a top notch 6'3 shooting guard and imo a top 3 region player. They have Pelfrey who I've been told has grown taller and is now 6'6. Tyler Campbell is a returning 6'3 forward. They've added the 6'5 Pittman from Georgia. Gus Wise is a returning player at guard with experience. No coach in the region will take Lee County lightly this year, like some of the posters on here have.
alckuckler03 Wrote:Robert Warren, yes he will be returning.

Yep, that's him. A very underrated player IMO.
Campbell was a joke for Hazard. Didnt you all see him play?
What is up with all this talk about Lee Co and Campbell? I thought this was a Kcc thread.
How is the team chemistry? The key to KCC's success is how well JBS-KCC get along. Players who were used to getting quality playing time will see fewer minutes.
This is the key.
Does anyone know the actually roster for KCC this year?
RavenBoy Wrote:Campbell was a joke for Hazard. Didnt you all see him play?
What is up with all this talk about Lee Co and Campbell? I thought this was a Kcc thread.

LOL. Smile Thats all I can say to you.
Blocked Shot Wrote:How is the team chemistry? The key to KCC's success is how well JBS-KCC get along. Players who were used to getting quality playing time will see fewer minutes.
This is the key.

As I said before, the rivalry was just some of the parents who couldn't keep their mouth shut when their sons were being out done by some of JBS players. The boys always have gotten along. Everyone wants their team to win, thats a given, but some people just can't accept the fact that KCC might actually win region and go to state. We have had talented players all along, and for anyone who says different did not go to any of the grade school games when these boys played. Stamper, Huff, Amburgey, Richardson, and Mullins were the starting 5 at Carr Creek and they beat every school and had a some close calls with JBS. Now you have all of Carr Creek boys with talent from the other grade schools and now also, the talent from JBS. I know HS ball is a far cry from GS ball but you have the same boys, who have gotten better over the last few years. How can anybody say that we won't have a chance? Coach Amburgey has done a decent job of coaching so far. Al Holland or any other coach did'nt just step up and start winning everything, they had to be given a chance and get the experience to do so. I do think this is the team for coach Amburgey to prove himself with, because no matter what, you have to have the talent of a ball player to go along with the talent of a coach. Al Holland always got the most talented players and then when he did'nt get them anymore for PCC he went to HHS. The regional title is for any team that wants it, they just have to play better and harder then the others and go get it. Good Luck to all the teams.
sassy Wrote:As I said before, the rivalry was just some of the parents who couldn't keep their mouth shut when their sons were being out done by some of JBS players. The boys always have gotten along. Everyone wants their team to win, thats a given, but some people just can't accept the fact that KCC might actually win region and go to state. We have had talented players all along, and for anyone who says different did not go to any of the grade school games when these boys played. Stamper, Huff, Amburgey, Richardson, and Mullins were the starting 5 at Carr Creek and they beat every school and had a some close calls with JBS. Now you have all of Carr Creek boys with talent from the other grade schools and now also, the talent from JBS. I know HS ball is a far cry from GS ball but you have the same boys, who have gotten better over the last few years. How can anybody say that we won't have a chance? Coach Amburgey has done a decent job of coaching so far. Al Holland or any other coach did'nt just step up and start winning everything, they had to be given a chance and get the experience to do so. I do think this is the team for coach Amburgey to prove himself with, because no matter what, you have to have the talent of a ball player to go along with the talent of a coach. Al Holland always got the most talented players and then when he did'nt get them anymore for PCC he went to HHS. The regional title is for any team that wants it, they just have to play better and harder then the others and go get it. Good Luck to all the teams.

Al Holland won 2 out 3 regional titles his 1st three years as a head coach.
thegr81 Wrote:Al Holland won 2 out 3 regional titles his 1st three years as a head coach.
Al is a great coach but his players get by with anything they want to. If they are good then they can do nothing wrong. They play no matter what.
timeout Wrote:Al is a great coach but his players get by with anything they want to. If they are good then they can do nothing wrong. They play no matter what.

Al Holland is a mentor to his players. No one treats their players as well as Al. He is a class act and anyone who knows Al or has been around him any length of time knows that.
Back to the topic of this thread, KCC will be tough this year with their guard play and supporting cast anything short of a regional title will be a bad year. Best of luck to them.
MVP2 Wrote:LOL. Smile Thats all I can say to you.
I guess you didnt see him play?
Lewis Is At Cordia
KHSAA12 Wrote:Lewis Is At Cordia
'

How in the world will he be engible??
Kcc has the talent to go to the state tourny....but so does hhs, pcc, and lcc...its jus gonna come down to who wants it more and whos got the most heart
Lewis made a legit move from hwy 80 to vicco...his mom got a divorce..so he has no problem with getting ruled eligible...Collins will be the one having the trouble
Who will be the starters for the Pats this year? How is the Batrum kid looking?
I understand that every1 on here is from hazard and they won the region last year and they have a great coach but this is about Knott Central
even tho kcc didnt win a region last year..i think they will be the team to beat..this summer..when kcc and hazard played their final game at the sportsplex..hazard didnt know wat to do...they was walking back down the floor..they just didnt have an answer for kcc...it started off tate hit a couple 3's and then stuart got hot...then braxton knocked down some j's and had a couple put backs...then bartrum hit a couple 3's and some uncontested lay-ups becuase no1 could run with them...they are goin to be unstopable come region time...kcc might have lost hall but is campbell goin to get to play at hazard...rumour has it he is in jail?
Go Pats
Blocked Shot Wrote:Who will be the starters for the Pats this year? How is the Batrum kid looking?

Its hard to say who will start
1.Tate
2.Stuart
3.???
4.Braxton
5.Richard
the 3 spot is up for grabs..they have a couple of players that will battle for that position..bartrum,mullins,davis..should be fun starting oct 15th
anklebreaker Wrote:Its hard to say who will start
1.Tate
2.Stuart
3.???
4.Braxton
5.Richard
the 3 spot is up for grabs..they have a couple of players that will battle for that position..bartrum,mullins,davis..should be fun starting oct 15th

Where is Amburgey? Is he not playing this year? Bartrum could easily be in this line-up.
Blocked Shot Wrote:Where is Amburgey? Is he not playing this year? Bartrum could easily be in this line-up.

Yes Amburgey Is Playing..Another Kid That Could Be In That 3 Spot
the starting line up should be as follows:
tate
stuart
jarrod
braxton
buttermilk

the only difference from last years is that tate took mullins' place.
This should be Knott's year to travel to Rupp. The only thing holding them back would be themselves. I think that Hazard and Perry could contend, but it's Knotts to lose. Stamper and Cox with Caudill and Amburgey should dominate.
Blocked Shot Wrote:This should be Knott's year to travel to Rupp. The only thing holding them back would be themselves. I think that Hazard and Perry could contend, but it's Knotts to lose. Stamper and Cox with Caudill and Amburgey should dominate.

Dominate lol.... OVERRATED!!!
dore20 Wrote:Dominate lol.... OVERRATED!!!
no that would be pcc and loserville.
The Dawgs and Knott will definitely be the top two teams in the 14th. Team chemistry will determine #1. Eric Back will need to gel with the rest of the team. The transfers in Hindman will need to build comaderie. Time will tell who will prevail.

We can't count out the Commodores on the other side of the county or the 53rd Cougars.
Go Dawgs!
I know Kcc will be good but I just dont see anyone beating Hazard in the 14th. Yea some team will get lucky when Hazard has an off night but everyone does.
No reason Kcc shouldnt make it to the 14th Region CHampionship game against.
anklebreaker Wrote:Its hard to say who will start
1.Tate
2.Stuart
3.???
4.Braxton
5.Richard

tate, stuart,jarrod, braxton, and buttermilk will be kccs starting line up....mullins 6th man, and bartrum might get sum playing time this year...and with the davis kid coming in bartrum might just be the waterboy this year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6