Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District 08-09
no one can stop powell..... there the best
estill:bball:
bobcat034 Wrote:no one can stop powell..... there the best
I agree Powell County will go far this year.... The only district team they have to worry about is Estill....
thecavemaster Wrote:And our wager, bobcatpirate fan? Ready to front a meal in support of your posts?

Im ready!
The_Balla Wrote:I agree Powell County will go far this year.... The only district team they have to worry about is Estill....

same here we have a good athletic program this year.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Im ready!

Powell wins district tournament, your choice of place and meal.

Estill wins district tournament, my choice of place and meal.

Losing parting watches other party eat.
i agree with you
thecavemaster Wrote:Powell wins district tournament, your choice of place and meal.

Estill wins district tournament, my choice of place and meal.

Losing parting watches other party eat.

Sounds good!
Powell has this with out no injuries, owlsley and estill will have a dog fight for second and lee doesnt have that much hope to take enything but 4th..imo
Everyone that has bad mouthed or doubted OWSLEY sure didn't know what they were talking about!I like all the other LADY OWLS FANS ARE LAUGHING AT EVERYONE THAT QUESTIONED OUR TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!:ChairHit: Big Grin
Does the 56th seed or draw for the district???
They seed, and if I am correct, Owsley is the #1 seed at this time.
If Owsley is the 1 seed you would think there would be more talk about them in this thread.
Lucky7 Wrote:If Owsley is the 1 seed you would think there would be more talk about them in this thread.
Owsley County is the number one seed in the 56th for this year's district tournament.

Their leading scorer and rebounder, junior Mika Turner, has been out of action for the past three weeks due to mono. They defeated Wolfe County at Wolfe County by 20 without her in the All A, but lost at June Buchanan by 3 in overtime in the second round of the tournament. June Buchanan eventually went on to win the region All A. With a healthy Turner in the lineup, it could have very well been Owsley County in Richmond.

Turner is still recovering. Hopefully she will be back in the near future.
perky365 Wrote:I am tired of everyone thinking Owsley can't do anything! We will see when the season starts.

I've seen Owsley girls play several times now and they have an impressive team. To me the weakest team in that district is Lee, but everyone is picking them ahead of Owsley so it must be wide open. I don't think Owsley should be at the bottom of the district, but i don't know their records and stuff.
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:I've seen Owsley girls play several times now and they have an impressive team. To me the weakest team in that district is Lee, but everyone is picking them ahead of Owsley so it must be wide open. I don't think Owsley should be at the bottom of the district, but i don't know their records and stuff.
Owsley County defeated Lee County AT LEE COUNTY Jan 2nd by 62-39. I don't know how anyone could possibly be picking Lee over Owsley. Owsley plays Lee in Booneville Friday. If they win that game, and nothing is certain because Turner is still out but they should still win the game, they will be 5-1 in the district. They're already the # 1 seed regardless if they win that one or not. Lee is the # 4 seeded team, so they will be the Lady Owls first round opponent at the district tournament at Estill County.
One other reason that Owsley shouldn't be at the bottom: They have beaten Powell twice this year and Estill once by 10; Estill beat them by 5 at Estill. Owsley still has to play Lee at home (which is this Friday night). At this time, I can assure you that Owsley is the #1 seed in the 56th district. Look at the game scores on KHSAA, if you are a non believer.