• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 EKY RB'S for 2008?
I believe
Lee-Belfry
Abrams-Russell
Denton-Raceland
Harmon-Pikeville
and maybe Carter-Ashland
Chad Merida is by far the best running back in the mountains despite playing a system that isnt running back friendly.
im must also include big john in this, he stands at 6'6" and weighs 245, kinda broad in the shoulders, not sure where he calls home
so big john is a RB at 6'6 245lbs? What school is he at?
It is the song- Big John, you know the old country song by Furlon Husky, I think that was his name.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DevilsWin Wrote:This is why I have a distaste for all things Belfry.:Clap:
Welcome to the Club! lol:letsparty
FBALL Wrote:That stiff arm was on Russell's other cornor that year. He was 155 lbs soaking wet.

But That team wore Russell down and turned a close game into a comfortable victory. They were the best team. Jones was the best player on the field. All three RBs put on a show though. Jones and Gross each had over 200 yards and I believe Howard had over 190.

Yes Gross and Clark were both first team all state.

Fans from Russell and Belfry need to lay off each other. They both have great programs that have produced many very good football players. No need to cheapen either one.
:thumpsup: Only thing I disagree with is I thought Howard looked the best that night, with Gross almost as good. It was a joy to watch Gross run the ball. IMO has the best field vision of the three. This coming from a Belfry fan, but a fan of football first.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Welcome to the Club! lol:letsparty
Do you two want some cheese with that whine?Smile
Crossbones Wrote:Do you two want some cheese with that whine?Smile
It was a joke.. I respect Belfry, but usually forget that one night a year.Wink
Panther Thunder Wrote:It was a joke.. I respect Belfry, but usually forget that one night a year.Wink
:Thumbs: I just couldn't resist.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:Hmmm..maybe if you had two craynons then you wouldnt have gotten beat 27-12

Hmmm...what is Craynon's record against Pikeville?Wink
jetpilot Wrote:Hmmm...what is Craynon's record against Pikeville?Wink

as a starter?? 1-1
Harmon got invited to a Nike Sparq training camp this summer...it's pretty big time.
FBALL Wrote:Carter - Ashland
Abrams - Russell
Fugate - Breathitt
Harmon - Pikeville
Denton - Raceland

Nice list!
i would like to add some to this list if i may, how about
charlie banks

caleb frazier

collins kid

the brown kid

stevens kid

all of these kids are from lcc charlie had i dont how many yards, and the frazier kid seemed like everytime he touched the ball he scored either from a run or a pass,hand off or a botched punt or afumble recovery.the rest can flat out run,can not wait for the season to get started......
Hey guys! Remember Bell County? Are we Eastern KY? If so..don't forget Spencer Greer, the Bobcats go-to guy! Greer was Second Team All-State AP RB last year! He is bigger, stronger, and should lead the Bobcats to another shot at the state 4-A title!
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Hey guys! Remember Bell County? Are we Eastern KY? If so..don't forget Spencer Greer, the Bobcats go-to guy! Greer was Second Team All-State AP RB last year! He is bigger, stronger, and should lead the Bobcats to another shot at the state 4-A title!
Bell Co is definitely in eastern Ky. Welcome to the site BCB! Bell Co has a tough road to get to the pizza box. LexCath is too much for class 4A IMO. But good luck!:thumpsup:
Daniel Harmon from Pikeville, and Nehimah Doderer are good backs
I saw Brett Denton (RACELAND) at a track meet and I thought he was one of the offensive lineman... Until he ran the 440 , the 100 and blew past people. That boy is HUGE and fast.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Here is the best the I have seen in person in no particular order:

1. Harmon (Pikeville)
2. Fugate (Breathitt County)
3. Greer (Bell County)
4. Lee (Belfry)
5. Cranyon (P-burg)
The biggest/fastest running back in the Mountains is Austin "Juice" Blanton.

GO JUICE!