Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 EKY RB'S for 2008?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Any ideas?
Kyle Howell from South Floyd...he was 2nd or 3rd in the state in rushing yards
last year
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:Kyle Howell from South Floyd...he was 2nd or 3rd in the state in rushing yards
last year

That was just for 1A though and a lot of other teams stats were not reported. He had 1366 through 10 games and only played 1 playoff game. That averages out to about 136.6 ypg not counting what he did in that 1 playoff game. If anybody is going to be mentioned from that district though it is Daniel Harmon. He rushed for 2062 yards and 27 TD's. If he is able to stay in Copley's offense this year and stay healthy then I guaranyee those numbers will be alot more next year.
Also Ivan Lee has to be mentioned. He is a rare blend of size and speed. 2 words come to mind with Ivan....Downhill Runner! The Kelly kid from SC should also be pretty tough.
Take your pick from Russell this year..
RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
-----------------------------------------------------------
D. Abrams . 13 197 1303 30 1273 6.5 23 75 97.9
A. Bates ... 13 80 675 1 674 8.4 8 74 51.8
D. Bailey ... 13 63 437 11 426 6.8 3 65 32.8
AJ Cordle .. 13 27 213 10 203 7.5 3 71 15.6
Abrams should be the leader this year but with a loaded backfield returning,,, anything can happen....
Allen Craynon
Nathan Dillon, JCHS. Should be the premier back in the backfield this year as a junior. Had a little over 1000 yards last year as a soph. I look for a breakout season from him.
I'm just going to throw a few names out there....

In no order!

Allen Craynon - Prestonsburg
Seth Setser - Prestonsburg
Daniel Harmon - Pikeville
Ivan Lee - Belfry
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm just going to throw a few names out there....

In no order!

Ivan Lee - Belfry

Looks good. Is Lee a power or speed guy?
Drew Abrams? he had 1,303 yards rushing last year and 24 touchdowns
Harmon-Pikeville
Lee-Belfry
Kelly-Sheldon Clark
Neace-Hazard
Keepnitreal Wrote:Nathan Dillon, JCHS. Should be the premier back in the backfield this year as a junior. Had a little over 1000 yards last year as a soph. I look for a breakout season from him.

Totally agree with you on that. Also the Richardson boy should have a fine season. I look for him to get more carries this season as well.
DALE Wrote:Totally agree with you on that. Also the Richardson boy should have a fine season. I look for him to get more carries this season as well.

Wasn't Chase a Senior this year? If not, then yes he should have another good year.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm just going to throw a few names out there....

In no order!

Ivan Lee - Belfry

Good list.

I can't wait to see Pburg in action this year. Craynon and Setser are gonna be the 1-2 punch that may lead Pburg back to the state championship. Can't wait for the rematch with Beechwood.
I'm pretty sure he was a Junior last season. He was a bull out of the backfield and I think he needs to see more carries other than the situations when they need a yard or two. Heck when teams knew he was getting the ball in those situations he was still able to rack off 10-15 yards most of the time.
Carter - Ashland
Abrams - Russell
Fugate - Breathitt
Harmon - Pikeville
Denton - Raceland
Redneck Wrote:Good list.

I can't wait to see Pburg in action this year. Craynon and Setser are gonna be the 1-2 punch that may lead Pburg back to the state championship. Can't wait for the rematch with Beechwood.

Yeah they are going to be really tough to slow down next season. The Beechwood game is going to be a very exciting one... I believe they are going to play that game at Morehead State University.
blackcat_student Wrote:Yeah they are going to be really tough to slow down next season. The Beechwood game is going to be a very exciting one... I believe they are going to play that game at Morehead State University.
???? Why would they play it at Morehead, don't quite understand that one.
Redneck Wrote:???? Why would they play it at Morehead, don't quite understand that one.

I guess so that the Blackcats don't have to goto Northern Kentucky to play, and keep it within driving distance for our fans.
blackcat_student Wrote:I guess so that the Blackcats don't have to goto Northern Kentucky to play, and keep it within driving distance for our fans.

I'm a Pburg fan all the way when they ain't playin Paintsville. Beechwood did come all the way to Pburg last year, don't you think Pburg should have to go to Beechwood and play. Ain't that part of the contract.
DALE Wrote:I'm pretty sure he was a Junior last season. He was a bull out of the backfield and I think he needs to see more carries other than the situations when they need a yard or two. Heck when teams knew he was getting the ball in those situations he was still able to rack off 10-15 yards most of the time.

He was just a junior and you are exactly right. He is a big bruising back, goes about 225 or so. Not as big as Blake Johnson a few years ago, but quicker. I'd say he'll play a similar role in the offense. Coach Matney likes to run his "premier back" 35-45 times a game and work in the FB and other TB with balanced carries 15-20. I'd predict he'll have about 1100-1400 yards, which is actually pretty impressive from the FB position.

JC's backfield will be stacked with some really nice backs.
Redneck Wrote:I'm a Pburg fan all the way when they ain't playin Paintsville. Beechwood did come all the way to Pburg last year, don't you think Pburg should have to go to Beechwood and play. Ain't that part of the contract.

I'm not sure but that was just a rumor that I heard. But I'll find out from Coach James once we go back to school.
MVP2 Wrote:Harmon-Pikeville
Lee-Belfry
Kelly-Sheldon Clark
Neace-Hazard

who is this neace kid from hazard. i dont think i know any neace kidd. but there is a greg adams.
hammertime Wrote:That was just for 1A though and a lot of other teams stats were not reported. He had 1366 through 10 games and only played 1 playoff game. That averages out to about 136.6 ypg not counting what he did in that 1 playoff game. If anybody is going to be mentioned from that district though it is Daniel Harmon. He rushed for 2062 yards and 27 TD's. If he is able to stay in Copley's offense this year and stay healthy then I guaranyee those numbers will be alot more next year.
Also Ivan Lee has to be mentioned. He is a rare blend of size and speed. 2 words come to mind with Ivan....Downhill Runner! The Kelly kid from SC should also be pretty tough.

still 3rd in the state, no matter which class, is still a pretty good acheivment...i look for the craynon kid from pburg to make some noise as well, if im not mistaken he finished in the top 10 out of all size schools in the state, perrrrrty good if you ask me!!!
Two of the best reside in Prestonsburg in Craynon and Setser, Lee from Belfry is a moose and another good one.
IVAN LEE is the best in the mountains, no doubt in my mind!
ukfan24 Wrote:IVAN LEE is the best in the mountains, no doubt in my mind!

Best in the Mountains maybe quite a stretch their, given though he didn't get the full time due to Dustin May but I believe that goes to Daniel Harmon or Allen Craynon for the time.
#24 Daniel Harmon...All I gotta say
# 3 allen craynon..thats all i gotta say..also
Having good backs is one thing. Who has the line to make them great ?
DH is a beast...hes bulked up to about 200 pounds
Pages: 1 2 3 4