Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanan- 110 South Floyd- 39
Harlan Man Wrote:Most casual fans along with most of the JBS faithful thought just because they got hot and blew Pikeville out of the gym and clearly by any legitimate sportspersons standards ran the score up on them that they would just show up and blow Hazard out in the final. NOT, the Bulldogs very easily could have won the game and they showed how beatable JBS actually is if you have some decent athletes and play a little hard nosed tough defense.
JBS in no way thought they would easily beat Hazard because they are rivals and rivals always play each other hard. Pikeville is alot bigger school than JBS and people need to quit acting like JBS is some big bully or something(79 kids in the school).
TheFan3 Wrote:Well look forward to this game. I bet its a great one. are both teams winless?

Piarist (1-12)
South Floyd (0-16)
uk96 Wrote:JBS in no way thought they would easily beat Hazard because they are rivals and rivals always play each other hard. Pikeville is alot bigger school than JBS and people need to quit acting like JBS is some big bully or something(79 kids in the school).

Everyone knos JBS is a good team, but there was no since in beating an 0-15 or so team by 71pts.
uk96 Wrote:JBS in no way thought they would easily beat Hazard because they are rivals and rivals always play each other hard. Pikeville is alot bigger school than JBS and people need to quit acting like JBS is some big bully or something(79 kids in the school).

How many students does Oak Hill, University Heights, Rose Hill, and DeMatha have? Around the same amount.Rolleyes
uhavenoidea Wrote:Everyone knos JBS is a good team, but there was no since in beating an 0-15 or so team by 71pts.
The game should not have been scheduled but I guess SF is usually alot better than this. There have been years where they have been one of the better teams in the 15th but not this year.
I know that the JBS faithful that truly understands the game knew that they would not blow Hazard out, but the clueless majority did think it and some of them expressed it right here on this website and other websites. Size of these schools doesnt have Jack to do with what is going on with this team, they have a special group of kids from basketball family's that can really play, but IMO it is just very unfortunate the way their coaching staff chooses to go about their business by absolutely running the score and padding kids stats at every opportunity and in the process showing no class or respect for the coaches or kids for the opposing teams!!
Harlan Man Wrote:I know that the JBS faithful that truly understands the game knew that they would not blow Hazard out, but the clueless majority did think it and some of them expressed it right here on this website and other websites. Size of these schools doesnt have Jack to do with what is going on with this team, they have a special group of kids from basketball family's that can really play, but IMO it is just very unfortunate the way their coaching staff chooses to go about their business by absolutely running the score and padding kids stats at every opportunity and in the process showing no class or respect for the coaches or kids for the opposing teams!!
Not all the stats, just a few select players. If they want to impress people, why didnt they run the score up like that against Lexington Catholic?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
uk96 Wrote:The game should not have been scheduled but I guess SF is usually alot better than this. There have been years where they have been one of the better teams in the 15th but not this year.

Barry Hall knew this team was gonna be down, but he doesnt like to play cupcake schedules...He scheduled JBS(Away), Hazard, SV, Cordia, KCC,etc....When he could have played Piarist twice, Riverside Christian twice,etc....He likes to play the teams that he thinks will help his team in the long-run.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Not all the stats, just a few select players.

Exactly right...:Thumbs:
blackcat_student Wrote:How many students does Oak Hill, University Heights, Rose Hill, and DeMatha have? Around the same amount.Rolleyes
You are not seriously comparing JBS to Oak HIll and Dematha are you?
It doesn't matter how many boys you have in the school....you only need 5 to put on the floor. Look at Hoosiers or the '96 team from Paintsville.....they only have like 300 students grades 7-12 and ended up being state champs and ranked nationally for the next two seasons. However, I am glad that JBS called the dogs off Rolleyes
uk96 Wrote:You are not seriously comparing JBS to Oak HIll and Dematha are you?

Private Schools my manSmile
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Not all the stats, just a few select players. If they want to impress people, why didnt they run the score up like that against Lexington Catholic?
Simple, they are not good enough to beat a team like lex cath much less run the score up????? How you gonna run the score up on a team you cant even beat??????
Harlan Man Wrote:I know that the JBS faithful that truly understands the game knew that they would not blow Hazard out, but the clueless majority did think it and some of them expressed it right here on this website and other websites. Size of these schools doesnt have Jack to do with what is going on with this team, they have a special group of kids from basketball family's that can really play, but IMO it is just very unfortunate the way their coaching staff chooses to go about their business by absolutely running the score and padding kids stats at every opportunity and in the process showing no class or respect for the coaches or kids for the opposing teams!!
I agree with some of things you have said here but you must realize that even JBS fans dont always agree with some of things that are done there. I never thought that JBS would blow Hazard out but I thought JBS would beat Hazard and I think they will if they meet again.
Harlan Man Wrote:Simple, they are not good enough to beat a team like lex cath much less run the score up????? How you gonna run the score up on a team you cant even beat??????

I think BBOF was using alil sarcasm thereBig Grin
uk96 Wrote:You are not seriously comparing JBS to Oak HIll and Dematha are you?

Yeah in student enrollment, not basketball... Those "private" schools beat much bigger "public" schools all the time.
This must be a slow night for games and no one has anything else to talk about.....
globetrotter12 Wrote:The game tonight prove to me that the piarist south floyd game will be a good game!

Ok keep cracking you jokes and stuff on south floyd but if i remember south floyd in the past was always one of the top teams and have lost all of they players and this year only had one with a lil exsperence and maybe this year they aint the best team but im thinking of this as a rebuilding year for the raiders give them one or two years and they will be right back on top so laugh while you can right now but remeber he who laughs last laughs loudest Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
uhavenoidea Wrote:I think BBOF was using alil sarcasm thereBig Grin
you might be right there pal
uk96 Wrote:I agree with some of things you have said here but you must realize that even JBS fans dont always agree with some of things that are done there. I never thought that JBS would blow Hazard out but I thought JBS would beat Hazard and I think they will if they meet again.
Hazard will beat JBS at least once this year, I would make a reasonably large wager on that.
Sports should be about winning, but also about teaching boys how to be men. What kind of lesson is it to teach kids to make a joke out of another team? Why would someone want to pad their star players stats in a game like this? Coach Hall is a class act, and he wouldnt act like he had a problem with it, but everyone knows its wrong, thats why I think KY should adopt rules like other states and have a running clock if someone is behind by 30 after 3 quarters. It would keep people like their staff from emberassing kids. What goes around comes around, wonder if it would be considered christian like to demean other teams?
Quarterback7 Wrote:Sports should be about winning, but also about teaching boys how to be men. What kind of lesson is it to teach kids to make a joke out of another team? Why would someone want to pad their star players stats in a game like this? Coach Hall is a class act, and he wouldnt act like he had a problem with it, but everyone knows its wrong, thats why I think KY should adopt rules like other states and have a running clock if someone is behind by 30 after 3 quarters. It would keep people like their staff from emberassing kids. What goes around comes around, wonder if it would be considered christian like to demean other teams?

I couldnt agree with you moreBig Grin ...Great Post!...What goes around comes around, is very very true...2 or 3 more years of JBS doing well, then we will see how they take it...
uhavenoidea Wrote:I think BBOF was using alil sarcasm thereBig Grin
Sarcasm? Not me, never!Smile
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
man it would have been pretty awesome to beat a team by a hundred points!
globetrotter12 Wrote:man it would have been pretty awesome to beat a team by a hundred points!

Why? So you could say that you did it.Rolleyes
globetrotter12 Wrote:man it would have been pretty awesome to beat a team by a hundred points!

Pretty awesome, Yes!...Ethical NO!...like someone said what goes around comes around...that doesnt necessarily mean anyone will beat JBS like that, but something will happen that JBS wont like, dont know what but i guess time will tell..
i lost alot of repsect when JBS was switchin Clark and Clint in and out of the game in the 4th with less than 5 left...real classy move there:Thumbs: and like sum 1 said in a previous post what comes around goes around
blackcat_student Wrote:Why? So you could say that you did it.Rolleyes
pshhh yeah....Has it ever happened before? We might as well get the thrill out of it with 70 some students we arent going to be good forever!
globetrotter12 Wrote:pshhh yeah....Has it ever happened before? We might as well get the thrill out of it with 70 some students we arent going to be good forever!

I love this post, simply because what is in BOLD...Thank you so much for posting this...:thumpsup:
I still think if they keep this up, they may end up losing a starter for the rest of the season due to a hard foul. If it happened, I would love to hear the JBS fans talking about how classless it was. Maybe the coaches needs to remember that last season they lost Garrison for the rest of the year while in layups if I can remember right. How much would it hurt JBS's chances if they lost Clark, Garrison, or Tate for the year? I mean against good teams, not teams that are rebuilding.