Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan- 110 South Floyd- 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Final
No surprise here. Tough season for the Raiders.
Yeah figured this one would happen. Congrats to JBS and I hate that SF is having a season like this. Not use to seeing them winless at this point in the season, keep your heads up guys.
Nice. Any stats for JBS?
I honestly didn't think JBS would beat SF this bad. I knew they could, I just didn't think they would. It's been a tough year for the Raiders. Talent level at SF has dropped off dramatically in the last two years. At a small school like SF it's hard to maintain the level of play they had for about 5 or 6 years in a row during the early 2000's. Good luck in the future Raiders!
Keep your heads up South Floyd.
Congrats jbs...keep your heads up sf
This is a shame. No excuse for sportsmanship like this is high school sports. What is something like this proving? Trying to move up in the Cantrell rankins at the embrassment of SF? Get your 30-40 point win get the subs in and let your starters have a good time wathing the subs, the starters were in until the last 2 mins. What a joke, no wonder people outside of Pippa Passes dont like them.
SHAME ON YOU JBS!!!How long did you leave your starters in? Probably the whole game!!!
I had a lot of respect for this June Buchanan basketball team, and I cannot believe that there coaching staff allowed this to happen. Very unsportsmanlike and I think that the JBS coach should be ashamed of himself.

Thats just flat out ridiculous.

Keep your heads up Raiders!
Yeah pathetic on JBS's part...
Congrats JBS...Looks as if JBS was maybe thinking of injuries(Tate Cox)...JBS' starters were in the game till the very end(2 or 3 mins left)...Clark Stepp had 32pts....Clint had 28pts.(8 3's, shot about 16+ 3's)...Collins had about 15 pts. and 15 or so rebounds id say...JBS was ahead 55-18 at halftime and continued to run the score up instead of working on stuff and running through diff. offensive sets...They could have worked on their deliberate half-court attack tonight after the game was in hand.
Thats is stupid up that big at half. You got to think what if clark stepp got hurt or the big man. The caoch needs to think about that next time they are blowing out a team. SF keep ir heads up.
Quarterback7 Wrote:This is a shame. No excuse for sportsmanship like this is high school sports. What is something like this proving? Trying to move up in the Cantrell rankins at the embrassment of SF? Get your 30-40 point win get the subs in and let your starters have a good time wathing the subs, the starters were in until the last 2 mins. What a joke, no wonder people outside of Pippa Passes dont like them.
They had to get the player they are pushing for Mr. Basketball his stats back up and some quality TV exposure. At least that is their excuse for it the last time.
Thats plain pathetic on JBS's coaching staff if its true they left their starters in that long, theres no reason to run the score up like that. I had nothin against their coaching staff until now. Keep your heads up Raiders
IMO JBS did not use this opportunity to improve or prepare their team for the upcoming game with a tough LCC team at the Cougars place Sat. night nor for next week's All "A" Tourn.. Makes no difference what you read into the score of this game, IT WAS WHAT IT WAS................... Good luck to the Raiders in rebuilding a once very well respected Basketball program.

uk96

Quarterback7 Wrote:This is a shame. No excuse for sportsmanship like this is high school sports. What is something like this proving? Trying to move up in the Cantrell rankins at the embrassment of SF? Get your 30-40 point win get the subs in and let your starters have a good time wathing the subs, the starters were in until the last 2 mins. What a joke, no wonder people outside of Pippa Passes dont like them.
You are either mistaken or outright lying if you say that JBS had their starters in there with 2 minutes left. The last 5 or so minutes was played with the 3rd string in there. I knew that some would start this though...The second string played alot of the first half with 10 kids playing in the first half.
How long did the starters play? They got pretty good bench so no one knows yet how long they keep the starters in.What if they won this big with JV in, what can the coach staff do bout it. I kno they didnt have Cox but who knows.If they did keep the starters in then the will lose a lot of resept from a lot of ppl.

Congrats Crusaders!
Ridiculous!! JBS is obviously trying to convince themselves and the rest of the state that they are one of the top teams in the entire state at the expense of every team they play that cannot play very much. Absolutely running scores up at every single opportunity,In this game and the way they played their entire starting five in the game against Pikeville all the way to the 3:30 mark in the game with a 35 ppoint lead. They are padding their individual stats along with their team standing in all of the power rankings and it is just very disgusting. I just do not buy it!! They are a very good team, but not one of the top 10 in the state.
at least they didnt press HAHA
Starters was in until the last 3 mins or so...after they was ahead by 60+...They tried not to make it obvious what they was doing...They would keep 2 or 3 starters in at a time...Clint was outscoring Clark pretty good and they took Clint out so Clark could catch back up and once he did they put Clint back in...IMO the starters should have been took out midway through the 3rd and not been put back in...What if Clark, Clint, or Collins got hurt? maybe season ending...Then the coaches could have only blamed themselves for prolly loosing the regional tour. in a 70pt. win due to overplaying your starters and running up the score.

uk96

uhavenoidea Wrote:Congrats JBS...Looks as if JBS was maybe thinking of injuries(Tate Cox)...JBS' starters were in the game till the very end(2 or 3 mins left)...Clark Stepp had 32pts....Clint had 28pts.(8 3's, shot about 16+ 3's)...Collins had about 15 pts. and 15 or so rebounds id say...JBS was ahead 55-18 at halftime and continued to run the score up instead of working on stuff and running through diff. offensive sets...They could have worked on their deliberate half-court attack tonight after the game was in hand.
THats good stats for the average fan to keep up with....How did you know these numbers?
MVP2 Wrote:How long did the starters play? They got pretty good bench so no one knows yet how long they keep the starters in.What if they won this big with JV in, what can the coach staff do bout it. I kno they didnt have Cox but who knows.If they did keep the starters in then the will lose a lot of resept from a lot of ppl.

Congrats Crusaders!

South Floyd isn't that bad.
Most casual fans along with most of the JBS faithful thought just because they got hot and blew Pikeville out of the gym and clearly by any legitimate sportspersons standards ran the score up on them that they would just show up and blow Hazard out in the final. NOT, the Bulldogs very easily could have won the game and they showed how beatable JBS actually is if you have some decent athletes and play a little hard nosed tough defense.
blackcat_student Wrote:South Floyd isn't that bad.
I don't know man they are pretty bad.

uk96

JBS never pressed one time but just set back in a zone and SF could have ran the clock down between shots. The SF coach never seemed to have a problem with anything JBS did and never got off the bench the whole game.
globetrotter12 Wrote:I don't know man they are pretty bad.

I seriously doubt that they would have been blown out by a JV.
blackcat_student Wrote:I seriously doubt that they would have been blown out by a JV.
The game tonight prove to me that the piarist south floyd game will be a good game!
uk96 Wrote:JBS never pressed one time but just set back in a zone and SF could have ran the clock down between shots. The SF coach never seemed to have a problem with anything JBS did and never got off the bench the whole game.

It really wouldnt have mattered so whats the use....
globetrotter12 Wrote:The game tonight prove to me that the piarist south floyd game will be a good game!

Well look forward to this game. I bet its a great one. are both teams winless?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6