Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan- 110 South Floyd- 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

uk96

uhavenoidea Wrote:Well the JBS coaches are classless and their AD should be ashamed of himself for letting it keep happening...So i guess you can say the whole JBS program is classless, except for the players thoughBig Grin
Thank you very much for saying what I have wanted to be said all day...I just had to work for awhile to get that statement. JBS players are a bunch of good kids that excel in the classroom and are just caught up in a difficult situation at the present time...
uk96 Wrote:I think that you are probably correct. they will be good for about 4 more years then be mediocre because a school that size just doesnt have the numbers to compete forever.

Thats kind of whats happened to SF
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know for a fact that they asked one 7th grader to transfer over there. School wouldnt have cost his parents anything. If the roads were bad they was told the boy could stay with either the coaches or Joe.

Under bylaw 10 that is against the rules. A coach, parent, staff member, or even a player can not talk to another player in grade school in another school district about coming to their school to play ball.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Under bylaw 10 that is against the rules. A coach, parent, staff member, or even a player can not talk to another player in grade school in another school district about coming to their school to play ball.

exactly right, its done everywhere...Does private schools/indep. school have to obide by that>?
Lets get this back on-topic, this thread is about JBS defeating South Floyd, not recruiting.
uhavenoidea Wrote:exactly right, its done everywhere...Does private schools/indep. school have to obide by that>?
Yes they do.
blackcat_student Wrote:Lets get this back on-topic, this thread is about JBS defeating South Floyd, not recruiting.

You are correct blackcat_student. Keep your heads up South Floyd.
The part that really bothers me is that these kids from South Floyd have to hear about this lose. Kids can be mean and you know that they will hear it at school from their classmates about getting beat so bad. Not only did some people embarrass them on the court but also embarrassed them in their school and community. Work hard South Floyd and your time will come.
[INDENT]
blackcat_student Wrote:I had a lot of respect for this June Buchanan basketball team, and I cannot believe that there coaching staff allowed this to happen. Very unsportsmanlike and I think that the JBS coach should be ashamed of himself.

Thats just flat out ridiculous.

Keep your heads up Raiders!
Yea i agree....JBS just trying to get stepp's stats up for Mr. Basketball...

[/INDENT]
It is hard for me to respect JBS after such an act. Leaving in the starters for that long is just debasing both to the coaches and the school.
Shewwww what a night in Pippa Passes. First I would like to say JBS is a good school and they really do seem to have some nice kids that are enrolled there and also some that play ball. It is tough being on the losing end and especially one by this many. Teams that have experienced it know the feeling and unfortunately there have been some in the past and this is not the first time SF has been thumped and won't be the last. Going into the season we knew it was going to be a tough go and that was before Adam Slone decided to transfer and Tommy Joe Hall and Kory Henry would be lost for the season because of injuries. Certainly going out twice a week and getting beat pretty bad gets a team down to a low that is difficult for everyone involved to keep going but that is what has to be done. You can't quit and never give up then maybe and hopefully a win may somewhere be there which could help. A thing that I have found out over many years around the sport of basketball is that sometimes teams just simply are not ready to beat or even compete with some of the better teams around and that happens alot to small schools which SF falls into this category as of now. Working hard in practice does not always bring about results that we would hope for and life's hard lessons sometimes hurt. In a year or two South Floyd will be better and win more than they have in the last couple of years and hopefully the younger kids will remember how it was when the going was just about as bad as it could get and they still tried, They can give up and rollover or they can work and do the best they can each time out for the rest of the season. We still have some very good teams in front of us and Shelby Valley being one that is every bit as good or better than JBS. I personally am not mad or hold anything against anyone at JBS including the coaching staff and will simply chalk this one up and go on. We have a great bunch of kids here at SFHS this year playing and they range from an 8th grader that plays up to the senior class. The three seniors that have never been a problem and all are very good students that represent our team and community the way young adults should, I just wish the wins would have been a little more for them as I know all will be successful in what they do after basketball. Things will eventually get better at South Floyd and will no doubt go down at JBS as far as the talent they now have. It happens. I would not trade this SF team for any other and that's a fact. Come to think about it, basketball does not always teach us about how to win but rather how to handle the losses, especially one like this. Good luck to all of our schools in Eastern Kentucky and what they have representing them in these young kids that go out every day and put in the time. Even if they don't win a game or only a few, it is the best time of their lives.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Shewwww what a night in Pippa Passes. First I would like to say JBS is a good school and they really do seem to have some nice kids that are enrolled there and also some that play ball. It is tough being on the losing end and especially one by this many. Teams that have experienced it know the feeling and unfortunately there have been some in the past and this is not the first time SF has been thumped and won't be the last. Going into the season we knew it was going to be a tough go and that was before Adam Slone decided to transfer and Tommy Joe Hall and Kory Henry would be lost for the season because of injuries. Certainly going out twice a week and getting beat pretty bad gets a team down to a low that is difficult for everyone involved to keep going but that is what has to be done. You can't quit and never give up then maybe and hopefully a win may somewhere be there which could help. A thing that I have found out over many years around the sport of basketball is that sometimes teams just simply are not ready to beat or even compete with some of the better teams around and that happens alot to small schools which SF falls into this category as of now. Working hard in practice does not always bring about results that we would hope for and life's hard lessons sometimes hurt. In a year or two South Floyd will be better and win more than they have in the last couple of years and hopefully the younger kids will remember how it was when the going was just about as bad as it could get and they still tried, They can give up and rollover or they can work and do the best they can each time out for the rest of the season. We still have some very good teams in front of us and Shelby Valley being one that is every bit as good or better than JBS. I personally am not mad or hold anything against anyone at JBS including the coaching staff and will simply chalk this one up and go on. We have a great bunch of kids here at SFHS this year playing and they range from an 8th grader that plays up to the senior class. The three seniors that have never been a problem and all are very good students that represent our team and community the way young adults should, I just wish the wins would have been a little more for them as I know all will be successful in what they do after basketball. Things will eventually get better at South Floyd and will no doubt go down at JBS as far as the talent they now have. It happens. I would not trade this SF team for any other and that's a fact. Come to think about it, basketball does not always teach us about how to win but rather how to handle the losses, especially one like this. Good luck to all of our schools in Eastern Kentucky and what they have representing them in these young kids that go out every day and put in the time. Even if they don't win a game or only a few, it is the best time of their lives.

Good post Wyatt.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Shewwww what a night in Pippa Passes. First I would like to say JBS is a good school and they really do seem to have some nice kids that are enrolled there and also some that play ball. It is tough being on the losing end and especially one by this many. Teams that have experienced it know the feeling and unfortunately there have been some in the past and this is not the first time SF has been thumped and won't be the last. Going into the season we knew it was going to be a tough go and that was before Adam Slone decided to transfer and Tommy Joe Hall and Kory Henry would be lost for the season because of injuries. Certainly going out twice a week and getting beat pretty bad gets a team down to a low that is difficult for everyone involved to keep going but that is what has to be done. You can't quit and never give up then maybe and hopefully a win may somewhere be there which could help. A thing that I have found out over many years around the sport of basketball is that sometimes teams just simply are not ready to beat or even compete with some of the better teams around and that happens alot to small schools which SF falls into this category as of now. Working hard in practice does not always bring about results that we would hope for and life's hard lessons sometimes hurt. In a year or two South Floyd will be better and win more than they have in the last couple of years and hopefully the younger kids will remember how it was when the going was just about as bad as it could get and they still tried, They can give up and rollover or they can work and do the best they can each time out for the rest of the season. We still have some very good teams in front of us and Shelby Valley being one that is every bit as good or better than JBS. I personally am not mad or hold anything against anyone at JBS including the coaching staff and will simply chalk this one up and go on. We have a great bunch of kids here at SFHS this year playing and they range from an 8th grader that plays up to the senior class. The three seniors that have never been a problem and all are very good students that represent our team and community the way young adults should, I just wish the wins would have been a little more for them as I know all will be successful in what they do after basketball. Things will eventually get better at South Floyd and will no doubt go down at JBS as far as the talent they now have. It happens. I would not trade this SF team for any other and that's a fact. Come to think about it, basketball does not always teach us about how to win but rather how to handle the losses, especially one like this. Good luck to all of our schools in Eastern Kentucky and what they have representing them in these young kids that go out every day and put in the time. Even if they don't win a game or only a few, it is the best time of their lives.

Nice post.

Keep your head up SF- things will get better.
First, let me state most of the kids on the JBS squad are great kids. The Coaches are well figure it out for yourselve's. It is a shame kids like Tate Cox, Garrison Collins and a few others are lumped in with the Stepps. This score is only reflective of the school administration and the coaches attitude about concern for anyone else. When the Stepp children leave so will the staff and JBS will return to a small school and will not compete for the middle and elementary athletes in Eastern Kentcuky. The sad part is people will always remeber the disgrace brought by the Staff and payback will affect a whole bunch of innocent kids and coachimg staff. I hope in the future when JBS returns to a bottom team that people remember the kids on that team in the future did not have any part of this era of disgrace. As for Mr basketball in Ky Clark has 0 chance of winning this award.
Want to know something scary? JBS will be this good for the next four years !! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
pickandroll Wrote:Want to know something scary? JBS will be this good for the next four years !! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Cool Can I have some? lol Seriously they will be good if all there players stay next year but not for 4 years.
pickandroll Wrote:Want to know something scary? JBS will be this good for the next four years !! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

JBS will only be good until Cox, Clint Stepp, and Collins graduates...
To Wyatt Earp: Thank you for being a kind and wise encourager for your guys at SF. They must believe that hanging in there and giving it their best will begin to pay off some day; they will win games and will have had fun doing so. In fact, it hasn't been that long ago that JBS basketball was a big joke to lots of folks, but the boys have proven to themselves they can play ball and they've done so with lots of perseverance and hard work. They are a good bunch of boys who would probably like to join you in encouraging the weaker team because better days are coming.

uk96

Agerelated Wrote:To Wyatt Earp: Thank you for being a kind and wise encourager for your guys at SF. They must believe that hanging in there and giving it their best will begin to pay off some day; they will win games and will have had fun doing so. In fact, it hasn't been that long ago that JBS basketball was a big joke to lots of folks, but the boys have proven to themselves they can play ball and they've done so with lots of perseverance and hard work. They are a good bunch of boys who would probably like to join you in encouraging the weaker team because better days are coming.
I agree with this post and that is the only thing that I have been trying to get across in this post and that this JBS team is made up of a good bunch of kids and they have worked hard since the 1st grade to get to the level that they have. This starting 5 at JBS started in the 1st grade and have watched for many of the years growing up JBS teams that didnt have the talent and numbers to compete at the top level. They know what is like for your high school program to be down and how it feels when its level is at the top. After a few more years the school will go back to being what it was started for and that is to help educate the youth of eastern KY. South Floyd is a small school that is going thru some of the same trials that small schools like them and JBS go thru at times. I am sure they will be back strong in the near future...
Who are the starting 5 for JBS?
Clint Stepp, Clark Stepp, Tate Cox, Garrison and Short??

uk96

gotcha2 Wrote:Who are the starting 5 for JBS?
Clint Stepp, Clark Stepp, Tate Cox, Garrison and Short??
Yes...

Excellent Post!

You know, it's easy to be a fan when your team is winning. It's a true fan that is there for their team when the team is down. A true fan is like a true friend and is there with you thru the good times and the bad times. As long as a team plays the best ball that they are capable of playing and has fans that stick with them and love them and support them and encourage them, that team is a winner in my book no matter what the record shows. BEST OF LUCK SF!!!!! :Thumbs:
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]Yea i agree....JBS just trying to get stepp's stats up for Mr. Basketball...

[/INDENT]

I don't think you have to worry about a Stepp winning Mr. Basketball. Not that they might not deserve it . It's just that most of the state outside of Eastern Kentucky haven't even heard of JBS little own the players on the team. That's why a website like this one could help change all that. The staff of this site are trying very hard to expand all over the state so people can learn more about all these great teams and players in every sport. Eastern Kentucky sports has taken the backseat long enough publicity wise.
uhavenoidea Wrote:JBS will only be good until Cox, Clint Stepp, and Collins graduates...

JBS has alot of talent in the freshman class. They will be competing state-wide for the next F-O-U-R years. Like it or not. Big Grin
For all the talk about recruitment, one should look at their own program before throwing stones in a glass house. ALL schools at one time have talked with a student about coming to school. Most of the time it is not an active process but occasionally it does happen. The transfer rules are a joke and most schools can skirt around them if they want to bend or stretch the rules.
pickandroll Wrote:JBS has alot of talent in the freshman class. They will be competing state-wide for the next F-O-U-R years. Like it or not. Big Grin

In your wildest dreams will they compete state wide! After Clark the may compete region wide, but more like district and after about 3 years they will be back to Riverside, David School status.
As bad as I feel to be adding to a subject about a team winning a Basketball game by a very lopsided score, I feel that the readers should be reminded that if they take the time to look into JBS'S Boys High School team's past history, they will find that this school started a rebuilding program in the mid 1990's under Coach Gary Gibson had seasons of 20+ wins, competing in the All "A" final's, finals of the District Toun., and wins over some big programs such as Hazard, Breathitt Co., as to name some of them. The JBS team has a great grade school program and a lot of very good freshman players. SO for all the readers that believe the program will fall apart and go downhill, I am sorry to inform them that this program will be very competitive in the years to come. Sorry for getting off the post , but I feel this needed to be said. By the way I am a big FAN of ALL MOUNTAIN BASKETBALL Teams and will be for years to come.
pickandroll Wrote:JBS has alot of talent in the freshman class. They will be competing state-wide for the next F-O-U-R years. Like it or not. Big Grin

Thats the problem. People cant stand the fact that we are good and will stay that way for along time.
PVille_Fan Wrote:It is hard for me to respect JBS after such an act. Leaving in the starters for that long is just debasing both to the coaches and the school.

And who cares if you respect JBS? Stop bashing JBS and the Stepps.
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]Yea i agree....JBS just trying to get stepp's stats up for Mr. Basketball...

[/INDENT]

JBS bashing again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6