Poll: Is it fair that Moss gets 16 games and Jerry 12?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
59.09%
No
40.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Moss to Break Jerry Rice Record?
vundy33 Wrote:How do you know he wasn't happy being a contributer unless they were winning? Would you like to be on a losing team while you were working your *** off and no one else could play a lick? And your part about him not caring about the team before he got to the Pats makes no sense, everyone know that. He changed when he got to the Patriots. Why do you still hate on somebody that has changed their whole outlook on life? You seem like a miserable person, all your posts are negative and your ALWAYS hating on something or someone.

Quote:
His offensive coordinator, Tom Walsh, told the Boston Globe after the 2006 season in an interview that Moss's receiving skills and hunger to play football had severely diminished. Walsh said, "Randy Moss is a player whose skills are diminishing, and he's in denial of those eroding skills. Randy was a great receiver, but he lacked the work ethic and the desire to cultivate any skills that would compensate for what he was losing physically later in his career"
His former coach, who knew him a million times better than we ever will.
Quote:"losing sometimes can get contagious, but as a player I can't let that settle in, and I think that's one of the things that bothered me [in Oakland]. I didn't want it to set in and it didn't set in. It was just really nerve-racking that it was hard for me to win."

Nerve racking that it was hard for him to win, not be a contributer, and even there he doesn't say if the team wins: it was all about HIM.

Quote:as reported on local Patriots post game show , Randy Moss stormed off the sidelines demanding a trade,, coming of the heels of his first game not getting 100 yards OR a touchdown.
Moss was quoted as saying , among other things "who the **** is Donte Stallworth?? when the **** did he join this team?? IM the only g*d**** receiver any team needs!!! and if that isnt the case.. trade me!!"

I just found that. That's him only caring about himself, so you and everyone else, since you say everyone knows I'm wrong, can show me how dogging your teammates and being angry cause you're not getting the ball is caring about your team.

So, even in New England, he may have calmed a little bit due to Vrabel and Bruschi, but he still only cares about himself, which was evident in the post-game interview which you have a different interpretation on.

Tell me this, how can you make a statement that I seem like a miserable person based on my posts about NFL football players? I refuse to put them above everyone else and just assume they're great people, and you could say that fact means that I don't trust people, but please tell me, how does that make me seem like a miserable person?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:His former coach, who knew him a million times better than we ever will.

Nerve racking that it was hard for him to win, not be a contributer, and even there he doesn't say if the team wins: it was all about HIM.

I just found that. That's him only caring about himself, so you and everyone else, since you say everyone knows I'm wrong, can show me how dogging your teammates and being angry cause you're not getting the ball is caring about your team.

So, even in New England, he may have calmed a little bit due to Vrabel and Bruschi, but he still only cares about himself, which was evident in the post-game interview which you have a different interpretation on.

Tell me this, how can you make a statement that I seem like a miserable person based on my posts about NFL football players? I refuse to put them above everyone else and just assume they're great people, and you could say that fact means that I don't trust people, but please tell me, how does that make me seem like a miserable person?

LOL, the quote about him coming off the sideline demanding a trade is priceless, how long did it take you to find that load of BS on the internet?
PC_You_Know Wrote:LOL, the quote about him coming off the sideline demanding a trade is priceless, how long did it take you to find that load of BS on the internet?

Was the first or second search result when I searched on Yahoo, and if you don't think all of that sounds like him, then you don't know him. I agree, some of it sounds far-fetched, but some of it sounds dead on him.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:His former coach, who knew him a million times better than we ever will.

Because you're always hating on someone, whether it be a NFL player or anyone else.
BFritz Wrote:Was the first or second search result when I searched on Yahoo, and if you don't think all of that sounds like him, then you don't know him. I agree, some of it sounds far-fetched, but some of it sounds dead on him.

Post some links or sources or something man...
vundy33 Wrote:Post some links or sources or something man...

The page (about him demanding a trade) was a joke, and I didn't realize it til just now.
BFritz Wrote:The page (about him demanding a trade) was a joke, and I didn't realize it til just now.

lol
Rice is twice the player Moss is?That is well I cant say what that really is because that would surely break a rule.Moss is the greatest!!!!!
Bringin' one up from the dead!!
Well some ppl kill me man( CATWOMAN) You can argue about every position in the NFL of who is the greatest at there position, but when you bring up WR,Jerry Rice is the dominate answer and holds almost every recieving record and it took Moss 16 Games to break this record and Jerry 12, and you could probably make a very great argument that Jerry Rice is the greatest football player of ALL TIME and certaintly had one of the best Rag to Riches story ever IMO!!
Lol I listened to an interview of Randy Moss yesterday and he sound like he's strait out of Eastern Kentucky...have you guys ever noticed his accent?
vundy33 Wrote:Lol I listened to an interview of Randy Moss yesterday and he sound like he's strait out of Eastern Kentucky...have you guys ever noticed his accent?

He's from Dupont, WV which is only around 70 minutes from Ashland. It's just south of Charleston. He and "White Chocolate" Jason Williams of the Miami Heat and former Grizzly and King went to high school together.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
RedSeal Wrote:Well some ppl kill me man( CATWOMAN) You can argue about every position in the NFL of who is the greatest at there position, but when you bring up WR,Jerry Rice is the dominate answer and holds almost every recieving record and it took Moss 16 Games to break this record and Jerry 12, and you could probably make a very great argument that Jerry Rice is the greatest football player of ALL TIME and certaintly had one of the best Rag to Riches story ever IMO!!

You do know that at the beginning of the playoffs, the Patriots had beaten almost every team that were included, I would say that Moss played against tougher competition this season than Rice did the year he set the record.
Tomcat68 Wrote:He's from Dupont, WV which is only around 70 minutes from Ashland. It's just south of Charleston. He and "White Chocolate" Jason Williams of the Miami Heat and former Grizzly and King went to high school together.

I knew he was from around Charleston, but I really hadn't paid that much attention to his accent. I guess it's where I've been away from home for a while...I didn't know that's where Jason Williams was from.
I think Jerry Rice is the best WR of all-time also...Randy Moss isn't far behind.
its not fair but the record will be his
warrior20 Wrote:its not fair but the record will be his

Why do people say this? It's happened in every sport, that's just how it is. If it's not fair for Moss to have the record because he got a few more games to do it in then Babe Ruth should STILL be the single season HR record holder.
Moss is a freak of nature. Could have went pro in all 3 sports....I watched him in high school and he was unstopable. He was all-state in all 3. I bet he can even play tennis...LOL
vundy33 Wrote:How do you know he wasn't happy being a contributer unless they were winning? Would you like to be on a losing team while you were working your *** off and no one else could play a lick? And your part about him not caring about the team before he got to the Pats makes no sense, everyone know that. He changed when he got to the Patriots. Why do you still hate on somebody that has changed their whole outlook on life? You seem like a miserable person, all your posts are negative and your ALWAYS hating on something or someone.

I'm not a miserable person, I'm just a realist, and I don't give people a second chance to screw me (or anyone else) over. Life's too short to let people do that to you.