Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New coach at Paintsville
LifeSentence Wrote:Who will help Kinner next year? Any changes to the staff?

I have heard that Joe Chirico will be the head coach of the middle school football team at Paintsville. I'm sure he'll still help out with the varsity team but to what extent I'm not sure.
Coach Chirico is a good one, coaches with lots of enthusiasm. I'm sure he will do a great job at the middle school. Will the rest of the staff remain the same or will Kinner be able to bring someone in?
Great hire for us. Hope he can get the kids out that need to be playing.
LifeSentence Wrote:Coach Chirico is a good one, coaches with lots of enthusiasm. I'm sure he will do a great job at the middle school. Will the rest of the staff remain the same or will Kinner be able to bring someone in?

I hope not. There are a few staff members that have been over there the last couple years that don't need to be. Jason should keep B.J, and Cherico around then go from there. I'm sure he could find a few of his old teammates from G-town that have teachin degrees or somethin. I like Milton but he don't need to be over there anymore. I like Jimmy Daniels but he don't need to be runnin the offense for Jason.
Thats the problem with smaller schools. The teaching positions are just not there to hire coaches. Its not like the good ole days when you could just create a teaching position for a coach. You end up getting stuck with coaches that you would rather not have just because they are willing to help and there is no alternative. Pikevilles new coach will be in the same shape as Kinner.
Well, there's gonna be plenty of positions open @ Paintsville in every area... Go Tigers!
?
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Well, there's gonna be plenty of positions open @ Paintsville in every area... Go Tigers!

Actually, you are terribly misinformed. There will not be ANY positions to rehire next year. See the P Herald article quoting Sup Sammons saying that retiring positions will not be rehired due to budget cuts. There is at least one teacher leaving and the Bolen position may not exist next year. There will be no new hires. There won't be money.
There won't be any money.... well, I guess that says it all...... you'd know....
Lisa Douglas Wrote:There won't be any money.... well, I guess that says it all...... you'd know....

Would I know? I only know what I read. I am too far removed to comment on in building issues but have enough friends hanging around to know some things.
#1TigerFan Wrote:Actually, you are terribly misinformed. There will not be ANY positions to rehire next year. See the P Herald article quoting Sup Sammons saying that retiring positions will not be rehired due to budget cuts. There is at least one teacher leaving and the Bolen position may not exist next year. There will be no new hires. There won't be money.
Well....now there is a pillar of truth!!!

OK....let me see if I have your sources correct here....
There are teachers retiring, at least one leaving, one position might get done away with and they are going to 7 class periods and they can't hire more teachers because of budget cuts?

Any of your friends or the PH have a clue as how they can keep from hiring?

They just gave the Principals and the Super a hefty raise, are they taking them away?
That would be a good place to start.
coach cherico is not going to be the middle school coach and he is no longer a coach for them coach kinner did not retain him the only ones that are back is ward and daniels the rest of the coaching staff from last year have not been asked yet
If Coach Joe was not retained it was probably a personal decision. Any coaching staff in the state would love to have a man of his knowledge and enthusiasm for the game on their sidelines. He is about as good of a DB/defensive coach as you'll find. The reason the secondary may have been lagging the past couple of years is because they haven't had the athletes to run his scheme, see the formations and check to a different coverage if needed. Also, back in 2001 he was a miracle worker with the offense. He would tell Chas during the week a list of plays that would work in various defensive formats and have him look to the side to signal in a new play depending on how the defense was alligned. He has a wealth of knowledge from his playing days at Marshall and loves to work with the kids. The call is totally up to Coach Kinner but keeping him involved with the team would be a great move on his part.
tigerfan1 Wrote:coach cherico is not going to be the middle school coach and he is no longer a coach for them coach kinner did not retain him the only ones that are back is ward and daniels the rest of the coaching staff from last year have not been asked yet

I promise you it wasn't that Kinner didn't want him, coach Joe is the one who decided not to coach. I will bet that he will end up over there helpin before it's said and done.
Redneck Wrote:I promise you it wasn't that Kinner didn't want him, coach Joe is the one who decided not to coach. I will bet that he will end up over there helpin before it's said and done.

He's probably tired of working for a new coach every other year and some of the other garbage that seems to be going on behind the scenes. Jason would do well to get him back on the staff and turn some of those other bozos loose.
Any word on who will be the assistant coaches? How many do they expect to have out in 08?
LifeSentence Wrote:He's probably tired of working for a new coach every other year and some of the other garbage that seems to be going on behind the scenes. Jason would do well to get him back on the staff and turn some of those other bozos loose.

Is this thread about PHS football or JCHS basketball??????
I think that Coach Cherico would be beneficial to the team! Don't know why he isn't helping, but he should be. As for some of the others, well ..... I think that Coach Kinner could do better than many who have been standing on the sidelines. I guess that is up to Coach Kinner though. He will be the one held accountable for his assistants successes and failures. He should choose carefully.
Smile
Watchful Eye Wrote:Is this thread about PHS football or JCHS basketball??????

That is soooo funny!!!!
tigerfan1 Wrote:coach cherico is not going to be the middle school coach and he is no longer a coach for them coach kinner did not retain him the only ones that are back is ward and daniels the rest of the coaching staff from last year have not been asked yet

Best of luck to Coach Cherico, he will be missed, badly. Welcome back Coach Ward!! I think, along with others, currently in the program and lots of others in the past program that keeping jimmy daniels is Coach Kinners first mistake. He monkey'd himself and his team when he was middle school coach. Just ask Coach Eddie Blair. :ChairHit:
[quote=EKY Sportster]I think that Coach Cherico would be beneficial to the team! Don't know why he isn't helping, but he should be. As for some of the others, well ..... I think that Coach Kinner could do better than many who have been standing on the sidelines. I guess that is up to Coach Kinner though. He will be the one held accountable for his assistants successes and failures. He should choose carefully.[/quote]

This is very ironic. Smile
I would love to see cherico back on the side lines for the ATigers. He is an awesome coach. He loves to push the kids and make them work for a starting spot. If he doesnt come back then the Tigers will be hurting at the DB spots. IMO
Watchful Eye Wrote:Is this thread about PHS football or JCHS basketball??????
Sounds more like Tiger baseball!!Wink
jchsrulz Wrote:Sounds more like Tiger baseball!!Wink

Na Dude! Both my kids graduated from JCHS. Trust me it happens everywhere. I agree that Tiger football has had four coaches in the past ten years (Brugh, Lemaster, Runyon, Allen) and now Kinner. Coming from a JCHS fan what they have did to basketball since Johnny Ray gave it up is SAD! Just think if they compared salaries of football coaches and football coaches that actually teach classes on a thread! Don't open pandora's box.:letsparty
Watchful Eye Wrote:Na Dude! Both my kids graduated from JCHS. Trust me it happens everywhere. I agree that Tiger football has had four coaches in the past ten years (Brugh, Lemaster, Runyon, Allen) and now Kinner. Coming from a JCHS fan what they have did to basketball since Johnny Ray gave it up is SAD! Just think if they compared salaries of football coaches and football coaches that actually teach classes on a thread! Don't open pandora's box.:letsparty

The head coach at PHS has been the gym teacher for years, and he had the girls coach Mark Baldwin do that for him while he visited the golf course. The Coach VanHoose just walked around cleaning up after BMR. Then you have Bo Belcher, whom never went back and got his GED, then Jimmy "the car salesman" Daniels, who goes behind everyone cleaning and a wiping, whatever it takes to keep his seat...alot of pandora's boxes. Gotta love it..:rockon:
Oh I am sorry I was talking about football, to go with the topic of the thread. I figured that 92,000 or 93,000 dollars and a house for a football coach who doesn't teach wasn't comparable to small change that they pay Kinner or paid Allen for teaching and coaching at PHS. Sorry, I was only using basketball as a reference...not the topic. I thought you'd catch that........sorry again. I wasn't attempting to bring up embezzelment, the headline of the papers already did a great job with those two ladies over there that worked in the office....remember...I really am sorry...........Sad
Watchful Eye Wrote:Na Dude! Both my kids graduated from JCHS. Trust me it happens everywhere. I agree that Tiger football has had four coaches in the past ten years (Brugh, Lemaster, Runyon, Allen) and now Kinner. Coming from a JCHS fan what they have did to basketball since Johnny Ray gave it up is SAD! Just think if they compared salaries of football coaches and football coaches that actually teach classes on a thread! Don't open pandora's box.:letsparty

Don't forget the one year that Chuke was basically the head coach without the title.
jchsrulz Wrote:Sounds more like Tiger baseball!!Wink

That makes no sense at all considerin Paintsville has only had 3 head baseball coaches in the last 38 years.

Well, hate to be blunt, but if ya got the money to get a good coach then more power to ya!!!!
OOHHH, I love pandora's boxes so please open yours up because I've got some great ones to open as well!
No pandoras boxes need be opened.

Let's get this back to the topic of discussion or it will be closed.