Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New coach at Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Paintsville has hired a new coach. Jason Kinner was named head coach today. Congrats and good luck next year Tigers.
Congratulations. Best of luck guys. Maybe he can get the kids to relate to him and take to his system a lil better, with his fairly young age and the success he had in HS and college as well.
Good Luck to all involved
Good luck Coach Kinner.
Where is this guy from?
Hometown boy..Graduated in 2000 from Paintsville..went on to play football at Georgetown College...has been assistant football coach at Paintsville for I think the last 2 years and teaches at PES.
It sure would be nice to see the Tigers return to the great football like in the mid 70's to mid 80's. They were in the top 5 every year then. Those teams always had at least 45 players out. What did we have this year? Maybe 25?
Congrats Coach Kinner..
I'd love to see paintsvilel have about 45 kids out for next year. It would help them out a lot.
I hope Coach Kinner the best but it is going to be tough. There isn't much coming up and the Tigers return little from last yrs. team. Maybe a 3-5 yr. plan if they give him that much time.
OK2NV Wrote:I hope Coach Kinner the best but it is going to be tough. There isn't much coming up and the Tigers return little from last yrs. team. Maybe a 3-5 yr. plan if they give him that much time.

That's true. The thing about it is they have the players and athletes walkin around the hallways that aren't playin. Same situation at JC before they hired Jim Matney. I think the kids will come out and play for Jason.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Where is this guy from?

He's from Paintsville. He was an All-State LB his senior year. Went to G-town where he won 2 national championships and a runner-up.
I wish Jason the best of luck at PHS. This has to be such an honor to be able to come back to his hometown and live while getting to do what he loves and that is coach football. I think he will struggle the first few years because everyone will have to adapt to his system of coaching. The thing I like about the Kinner hire is his age. He is a young tough guy that is going to be a hardnosed football coach and he is going to take personal pride in coaching here. Paintsville is where he wants to live and therefore he will try his best to make the program the best it can be.
I couldn't agree more! I will also add respectfully... he will make every aspect important. He'll make sure that football is restored to importance in the school system, he'll not put up with any malarkey, and he'll lead by example. He's a nice disciplined young man & although some may think he'll struggle to begin with... I do not believe there will be that great of a struggle. There's talent in those halls and he'll get those boys out! There is going to be a lot of changes in the coming months @ PHS & building football up, might just have the most level of playing fields it has had in a long time. Good Luck Coach Kinner! You have our support... Let's get this thing started!!!
While it has been brought up about the fan support. I was thinkin about a "Touchdown Club", "Football Boosters", "12th Man Club" or somethin along that line. Like they have at Pburg or JC, Paintsville football needs somethin like this to get back to the way it use to be. Any Paintsville fans, whaya think.
rosebud Wrote:It sure would be nice to see the Tigers return to the great football like in the mid 70's to mid 80's. They were in the top 5 every year then. Those teams always had at least 45 players out. What did we have this year? Maybe 25?

Ok...I am not trying to rag on you, but....I am a little tired of hearing the numbers card played about Paintsville.
I played at Paintsville 78-81, We were good....very good. My Sr. year, we were ranked 4th in state, finished 8-2 and didn't make the playoffs. (lost the tie-breaker) That was our worst year.
In those four years we averaged 36 players on the team. To be honest with you....Paintsville had better players and transfers were never a factor.
Tony Mayes is probably one of the top 3 -4 players ever to come out of Paintsville(All-State, First Team All-SEC @ UK, Led the SEC in interceptions) and when we were freshmen, he very seldomly even got into the games! Now adays, Freshmen are counted on to start and be huge parts of the team!
I guess what I am trying to say is that....yeah, 35 players is better than 25, but both are low numbers.
Paintsville had success because we had a system......Keep it simple, practice, execute at every phase!
Remember that these are just teenagers, let them do, what they do best and minimize what they don't do well.
Redneck Wrote:While it has been brought up about the fan support. I was thinkin about a "Touchdown Club", "Football Boosters", "12th Man Club" or somethin along that line. Like they have at Pburg or JC, Paintsville football needs somethin like this to get back to the way it use to be. Any Paintsville fans, whaya think.
I could get behind that!!!
I honestly think it could be great for the entire team as well as the fans!
The Guru Wrote:I could get behind that!!!
I honestly think it could be great for the entire team as well as the fans!

I know it. You know me very well Guru, I'm a single, hardworkin man that would love to have a GOOD football game to watch on a friday night, preferably at my alma mater. We never had a boosters club like that. No offense to you Guru or any of the other members of the booster club that have ALWAYS put their time in at the football field. We all know where most of the booster money goes and I'm fine with that. That's why we need STRICTLY a football boosters where all the money will go to the football program. I have never understood why money raised at football games goes to basketball. We need a boosters that is gonna help send these football players to camp like both basketball teams get every year. I think the world of our current boosters, always have, I just think a football boosters club is needed. Me, you, OffTheHook and Lisa need to get this goin.
You can count me in too redneck. I think that the football team needs some kind of support. I will have 3 boys on the team next year and i know many more parents will be willing to help. I am looking forward to football season...
Excellent hire! Won't be a great season the next few years, but then the last few haven't been great either. I think that given time, and especially with what we have coming up in the lower grades, that Coach Kinner, given time, can restore Paintsville to the level that we were at in the 70's and 80's.

Also, couldn't agree with you more on the booster club idea. The Paintsville games need a lot more excitement and fan action.
I agree Kinner is an excellent guy. I played with him in high school and I was very impressed.
that is who they should have as there head coach.
Great hire for job! Kinner should be able to put some muscle on these boys, and tuffin them up!
Good Luck. and PLEASE get rid of the ugly helmets Saw you guys in a scrimmage was sad to see the old helmet go. It was an oldy yet goldy.
I'm gonna keep on asking this one... why didn't Grayson Boyd hire Adam Collins @ Paintsville? Why did we lose another great PHS alum to Pikeville or some other school??? Why didn't this go thru council... and don't say it didn't need to because it was an interim thing either! It's time to bring in the grads like Jason Kinner and Matt Ratliff... sorry to switch topics on you all... but I know a lot of PHS folks read this thread & are upset about this too!! I am very excited about the Kinner hire and I'd say that helmet thing will be handled ASAP!
That's good. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Paintsville is too classy for those helmets
Last year Coach Allen showed me 4 different helmet designs that he was going to choose from....trust me.....he pick the least hideous of the four!!! LOL
I am excited about Kinner!!!
My son ran XC this past fall instead of football....my wife and I were flabbergasted!!!
He didn't play FB as a frosh,(he felt he was too small at 5'3" 105#)!!! He came out as a soph. all 5'5" 115# of him....He worked hard though and earned a spot at CB. Tied with Daniel Pugh for team lead in INTs....I have to admit that he got a little disgusted with some coaching decisions and told me he wasn't playing again...
He had a great year (for a kid in their first year) in XC, and has even got several letters and a few phone calls from the college ranks in XC! We were excited for him.
Then they hire Coach Kinner and imediately he tells us.....I can't wait to play football next year!!! I believe Kinner will have quite good numbers out next year. They started hitting the weights this past Monday and my son said that around 30 kids were there.
I think 40+ showed up to his meeting he had, but several are playing basketball and are unable to lift right now.
Oh...BTW, My son is now around 5'10 and 1/2" 145# now and hopes to get to around 6' 170# by next year! An inch and a half and 25# is doable!!! If he gets there, he could be worth mentioning.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I'm gonna keep on asking this one... why didn't Grayson Boyd hire Adam Collins @ Paintsville? Why did we lose another great PHS alum to Pikeville or some other school??? Why didn't this go thru council... and don't say it didn't need to because it was an interim thing either! It's time to bring in the grads like Jason Kinner and Matt Ratliff... sorry to switch topics on you all... but I know a lot of PHS folks read this thread & are upset about this too!! I am very excited about the Kinner hire and I'd say that helmet thing will be handled ASAP!

That position will not be a position next year. From everything I hear, next year school will be 7 periods and there will not be a need to replace some of the positions due to budget cuts. No point in hiring AC to pink slip him in the spring.
#1TigerFan Wrote:That position will not be a position next year. From everything I hear, next year school will be 7 periods and there will not be a need to replace some of the positions due to budget cuts. No point in hiring AC to pink slip him in the spring.
So does this mean they are going to pink slip the lady that they hired over Adam?
Who will help Kinner next year? Any changes to the staff?
Pages: 1 2 3