Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pikeville going to beat Valley this year???
Larry Legend Wrote:No one that I spoke too in the expo though that Dobbins Bennet was very good. They were unathletic and they couldn't handle Valley's pressure. Male would beat DB by atleast 15 points.
I was very, very impressed with DB. They may have not been the best team there yesterday, but they were the best coached team and the most fundamentally sound team as well. They are now 9-1 and according to their fans, one of the favorites to win the state title in their class in Tennessee. They are way ahead of Pikeville at this point in the season but lets hope that the Panthers will improve as the season goes along as they have the past few years.
LIPS Wrote:Dont see anyone in the 15th region this year beating Valley....they are just to good.
I am going to have to agree with this statement.
I was not impressed at all with Pikeville at the Farm Bureau classic. They seem to lack a scorer/go-to guy. So I'll say Valley will run the table with em, and they better be careful cause East Ridge might pull the upset for that second spot into the regional.
I'll take Pikeville to win if we can have the same refs who called that game on Saturday against Male. Having some or all refs to call a hometeam game against a team like that is not fair rules. That game was not called on merits.
NO
That about sums it up.
I doubt if Pikeville can stay within 10 of SV and isnt Paintsville in that region also?? Pikeville probably will not stay within 10 of Paintsville either.
fairplayer Wrote:I'll take Pikeville to win if we can have the same refs who called that game on Saturday against Male. Having some or all refs to call a hometeam game against a team like that is not fair rules. That game was not called on merits.
Are you trying to say paintsville got the raw end of the deal from the Refs???
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:It could be 5 times, they will most likely meet up in the All A this year also.

WOW! Very true. I totally forgot about the All A. They should be Valley somewhere along the line and then again maybe not. It is going to be really interesting to see how this season will play out.
Shelby Valley played Male not Paintsville, SV won by 1.
If...Then Wrote:IMO Pikeville will lose to Valley all 4 times this year.

Valley is just to quick and can control the arch and blocks.

Losing Daniel Harmon put the hurt on the Panthers lineup this year. I believe they could of beat Valley with him

even with a team full of daniel harmons, you can't honestly believe that pikeville 'could' beat valley. not after the way they plaayed an out of area louisville team.
fairplayer Wrote:Shelby Valley played Male not Paintsville, SV won by 1.

? point?
I believe that Pikeville will make at least one good run on valley, or even beating them this year.
true_blue221 Wrote:even with a team full of daniel harmons, you can't honestly believe that pikeville 'could' beat valley. not after the way they plaayed an out of area louisville team.
Just wondering, do you think Valley will play like that every game? And do you honestly believe that Valley cant be beat by Pikeville or any other 15th region team?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Ill say this devan adams has got to be huge in this game. He has shown improvement and could be a really big force underneath for the panthers to help beat the wildcats. If u dont believe me then juss go to the pburg game and look at the triple double he had or the double double he had against belfry. He has gotten better and the db game will only make him better.
As for the All A, if the cards are played right, I'd like to see Valley and Paintsville go at it.
oh, i think that they will have an upset or 2, but by pikeville? no
The one thing I have to look as is how well Taylor Newsome did against Male's big man #44 who is a "man" in all sense of the nature. He was atleast 2-3 inches taller and 2 times heavier than Taylor and still he held his own in the paint. Taylor and Ashley are both playing well this year and are going to cause havoc for Devan when both are in the game.

I see this going like last year with Valley playing them at least 3 times and beating Pikeville every time, sorry Pikeville, Valley is very good. People always seen how Valley couldn't beat a team with size like Henry Clay at state, well they just beat Male who had a height advantage on every player we had.
I read on this thread that Daniel Harmon is not playing for Pikeville. I have been out of the loop in high school basketball for a couple of months so can someone clarify and explain the situation. Thanks!
If that is the case..... Pikeville's chances of beating Valley once moves from 45% to like 20%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayer
Shelby Valley played Male not Paintsville, SV won by 1.

? point?

My point was someone else said that Paintsville played Male, I was just making a correction.
And I was saying Male got the raw end of the deal by the refs, having hometown refs calling a game for SV against Male was not fair. They should have been unbiased.. Some of the calls were awful.
fairplayer Wrote:And I was saying Male got the raw end of the deal by the refs, having hometown refs calling a game for SV against Male was not fair. They should have been unbiased.. Some of the calls were awful.

Game was 5 days ago, quit whining.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville is a good team and really a team that is a lot better than what the score showed against dobyns bennett. I think they will at least beat valley once this year and hopefully for my panthers its a upset in the region. Valley really impressed me last night and elisha justice is one of the best point guards ive ever seen. Their inside game is better this year as well which makes valley the best 15th region team ive seen in a while. I think Pikeville will give them a run though at least once. Thoghts.

Smile NO!!
no
vundy33 Wrote:Smile NO!!
What was wrong with his statement? All he said was Pikeville had an improved inside game and was better than tthe score indicated against a TN title contender?
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree with what most people on here have said, that Pikeville is definitely good enough to beat Shelby Valley this year. The question is will they be able to close the deal, and I don't know the answer to that.

I was thoroughly impressed with Valley's defense last night. Their ball pressure is just so intense, both in the press and in the halfcourt, that any team without two excellent ballhandlers will have trouble avoiding turnovers. They can even win without much scoring from Elisha Justice, as evidenced by last night's game in which he notched just one point. He still played a great game running the offense and leading the press.

However, the big #44 for Male also showed that Valley is vulnerable to a strong inside presence, which is where Pikeville would have a shot to win. Deven Adams would have to come up big, but if he did they would have an excellent chance to spring an upset. Also, Valley is not a team of great shooters, so if a team limits SV's easy baskets of turnovers they can be held in check offensively.

All in all, it would be hard to beat a team 5 times in one year, especially after having done it all 4 times last year. So I would say Pikeville will get them at least once this year, just hopefully not in region!

Unless Pikeville puts Adams on the block and throws him the ball then the Panthers have no chance.:mad:
Well Pikeville could pull it off if they can keep Valleys presure D out of sink.
Shelby Valley has peaked early the last couple of years. Time will tell...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Unless Pikeville puts Adams on the block and throws him the ball then the Panthers have no chance.:mad:
Until he can be consistently aggressive every game, even UPS can't even deliver him the ball. But he has come a long, long way! So I think that they will get the kinks worked out very soon. I heard that the big tall coach for Pikeville, Todd May I think is his name , used to play a little bit basketball in high school...so maybe he can help the big fella out!!!!!
bball fan Wrote:Until he can be consistently aggressive every game, even UPS can't even deliver him the ball. But he has come a long, long way! So I think that they will get the kinks worked out very soon. I heard that the big tall coach for Pikeville, Todd May I think is his name , used to play a little bit basketball in high school...so maybe he can help the big fella out!!!!!

Yeah but Coach May only won Mr. Basketball, so he was just decent.