Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pikeville going to beat Valley this year???
Pikeville is a good team and really a team that is a lot better than what the score showed against dobyns bennett. I think they will at least beat valley once this year and hopefully for my panthers its a upset in the region. Valley really impressed me last night and elisha justice is one of the best point guards ive ever seen. Their inside game is better this year as well which makes valley the best 15th region team ive seen in a while. I think Pikeville will give them a run though at least once. Thoghts.
I don't think Pikeville will be able to beat Valley this year and its because of Valley's guards. Valley can play this fast pace game and Pikeville can't. Pikeville's team goes through the inside game with Adams and Honaker, and when Valley starts playing the in-your-face defense, then IMO will take the inside game away from Pikeville, and I don't think the Panther guards are good enough to win that type of game for Pikeville.

IMO, Shelby Valley is at least 10-15 points better than Pikeville.
I think that on a given night Pikeville can beat Valley. I do, however, agree with blackcat_student that the pressure of Elisha and Logan will make it more difficult to get the ball into the post . . . therefore making it more difficult for Pikeville to beat Valley. I can't wait for the first matchup. I expect it to be a great atmosphere.
I dont think so.
Pikeville definitely has the talent to play with Valley. I just don't know if they can win. It is a possibility.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville is a good team and really a team that is a lot better than what the score showed against dobyns bennett. I think they will at least beat valley once this year and hopefully for my panthers its a upset in the region. Valley really impressed me last night and elisha justice is one of the best point guards ive ever seen. Their inside game is better this year as well which makes valley the best 15th region team ive seen in a while. I think Pikeville will give them a run though at least once. Thoghts.

Good post. I feel the same way. I know that Pikeville is improved but Valley has also improved from last year's team. I will say that Pikeville will give them a good run but will never be able to get over the hump. However, they may play each other a possible 4 times (home and home in reg. season, one in district, maybe even in region) this season so you never know.... One bad game here or there and you've had it.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good post. I feel the same way. I know that Pikeville is improved but Valley has also improved from last year's team. I will say that Pikeville will give them a good run but will never be able to get over the hump. However, they may play each other a possible 4 times (home and home in reg. season, one in district, maybe even in region) this season so you never know.... One bad game here or there and you've had it.

It could be 5 times, they will most likely meet up in the All A this year also.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
IMO Pikeville will lose to Valley all 4 times this year.

Valley is just to quick and can control the arch and blocks.

Losing Daniel Harmon put the hurt on the Panthers lineup this year. I believe they could of beat Valley with him
No, I don't see Valley EVER losing in the 15th this year!
Without Daniel,,,not a chance!!!
Wow... I cant believe that anyone watched Pikeville play and thinks that they looked good or even promising last night. There is no way the team that showed up last night could beat SV. No way. I hope they get better, but maybe Daniel Harmon really was what made Pikeville click last season.
IMO everyone in the region is playing for second place...because Valley is too good. They even showed that they can beat teams out of our area with a very impressive win over Male. I have all the support in the world for our bball team and i would love nothing more than to see them beat Valley, but thats much easier said than done. I think the games will be close, but i dont see them ever winning. However, since they play each other 4 (maybe 5) times i will say that is hard to beat a team that many times in one season.
Good Luck Panthers and i hope you guys win every time you play Valley!
DB was a great team. They had a lot of players over 6 ft 4 and basically devan adams had to guard all of them because tim and baker no offense to them but were to small to guard those kids. I think if valley met this team they would have gotten beat because dbs inside play was great and there guard play was good as well.Male was a good team but db played valleys type bball with fundamentals,hustle,inside play,and depth and size at every position including the backcourt would give db the edge if they played valley. I think valley wouldnt lose by as much but by at least by 9 or 10. DB was to me besides scott county and withrow the best team in all the games last night.
The thing about sports is that most teams can beat another team on a given night. Some nights you can take good shots but the ball just doesnt go in. Pikeville could beat Shelby Valley but I think Shelby Valley has the best team. If they do play 5 times Pikeville would probably win a game this year but I think SV or Paintsville are the two top teams in the 15th right now with Pikeville a little behind them. Good luck to all three teams this year.
I agree with what most people on here have said, that Pikeville is definitely good enough to beat Shelby Valley this year. The question is will they be able to close the deal, and I don't know the answer to that.

I was thoroughly impressed with Valley's defense last night. Their ball pressure is just so intense, both in the press and in the halfcourt, that any team without two excellent ballhandlers will have trouble avoiding turnovers. They can even win without much scoring from Elisha Justice, as evidenced by last night's game in which he notched just one point. He still played a great game running the offense and leading the press.

However, the big #44 for Male also showed that Valley is vulnerable to a strong inside presence, which is where Pikeville would have a shot to win. Deven Adams would have to come up big, but if he did they would have an excellent chance to spring an upset. Also, Valley is not a team of great shooters, so if a team limits SV's easy baskets of turnovers they can be held in check offensively.

All in all, it would be hard to beat a team 5 times in one year, especially after having done it all 4 times last year. So I would say Pikeville will get them at least once this year, just hopefully not in region!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i dont think pikeville can beat valley.mostly bc of valleys guards are 2 good to handle for pikeville..so i see valley beating pikeville by at least 10 when they do meet.
No one that I spoke too in the expo though that Dobbins Bennet was very good. They were unathletic and they couldn't handle Valley's pressure. Male would beat DB by atleast 15 points.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree with what most people on here have said, that Pikeville is definitely good enough to beat Shelby Valley this year. The question is will they be able to close the deal, and I don't know the answer to that.

I was thoroughly impressed with Valley's defense last night. Their ball pressure is just so intense, both in the press and in the halfcourt, that any team without two excellent ballhandlers will have trouble avoiding turnovers. They can even win without much scoring from Elisha Justice, as evidenced by last night's game in which he notched just one point. He still played a great game running the offense and leading the press.

However, the big #44 for Male also showed that Valley is vulnerable to a strong inside presence, which is where Pikeville would have a shot to win. Deven Adams would have to come up big, but if he did they would have an excellent chance to spring an upset. Also, Valley is not a team of great shooters, so if a team limits SV's easy baskets of turnovers they can be held in check offensively.

All in all, it would be hard to beat a team 5 times in one year, especially after having done it all 4 times last year. So I would say Pikeville will get them at least once this year, just hopefully not in region!

#44 was Dexter Heyman... 3* Linebacker according to Rivals.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect....60&sport=1
blackcat_student Wrote:#44 was Dexter Heyman... 3* Linebacker according to Rivals.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect....60&sport=1

Makes sense... Big Grin

That guy was a player, but I remember saying that I bet he played football as well. I guarantee he could lay a mean hit on some poor RB...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Makes sense... Big Grin

That guy was a player, but I remember saying that I bet he played football as well. I guarantee he could lay a mean hit on some poor RB...

He was an animal.
All Shelby Valley this year. Pikeville's coaches are not smart enough to make Adams an integral part of their offense. They want to live and die by the guards. :devilflam
Valley will beat Pikeville by atleast 10 points this year.
Well from what i saw valley wasnt too athletic either. They've won all of their games that ive seen them play all by FUNAMENTAL basketball. No one on this team is above 6'6 and from what i saw none of them could even dunk it in warm ups. Their were three or four guys on dbs team at least 6'7 or 6'8 and even though they looked like they couldnt dunk it either they were bigger than valley at every position just like they were compared to pikeville.plus they were a whole lot deeper on the bench than valley.Male also had no one over 6'4 or 6'5 except for maybe two players and one of them didnt even start which gave valley an advatage underneath. DB was huge and i just think that the size and FUNDAMENTAL basketball that db played from what i saw of them was just as impressive if not better as valleys type of basketball. And getting back on topic devan adams and tim honaker will be a huge force especially after they get more experience during the western hills tournamet and will be a lot bigger force than they were now or last year against valley which should give pikeville at least a chance imo.
Dazed&Confused Wrote:IMO everyone in the region is playing for second place...because Valley is too good. They even showed that they can beat teams out of our area with a very impressive win over Male. I have all the support in the world for our bball team and i would love nothing more than to see them beat Valley, but thats much easier said than done. I think the games will be close, but i dont see them ever winning. However, since they play each other 4 (maybe 5) times i will say that is hard to beat a team that many times in one season.
Good Luck Panthers and i hope you guys win every time you play Valley!

I agree! I think everyone else is playing for 2nd place this year. However, if Pikeville plays SV 4 or 5 times this year they may pull one upset off. I think their games will be close though.
Valley is just too good this year so i say no.
As a team, yes Valley plays better than anyone in the region again this year. To answer the question can Pikeville beat Valley this year. I will just say that every team has a bad night every once in a while. No one plays good game in and game out. If Valley is on a bad night, and Pikeville is on a good night, then yes, they could pull out the win. There is the possibility that Pikeville and Valley could play 5 times this year. Over the course of the season, there will be injuries or illnesses. It is hard to say if Valley will sweep the region again or not this year. That is why games are played I guess to see who will win on giving night.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Can they beat Valley? Yes. But it will require a total team game from the panthers.
panther thunder this is me aiii and yes it will but tell people that db was a good team cause no one on here seems to believe me.
They werent as good as I thought they would be.

But howd this start in the Pikeville & Valley thread?
Dont see anyone in the 15th region this year beating Valley....they are just to good.