Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt county- 70 Muhlenburg-51
That would have been nice too. I could have bought beer my second semester of college. All kinds of perks being held back a couple years isn’t there
If you consider drinking a perk then I guess so. Last thing on my mind.
If Scott Moore scored 2300 pts in three years how many 3’s did he hit? I thought he burned it up when we were in school but It was posted last year that he lost the record of threes hit all time at Breathitt. Just curious how many Moore had?
He shot way too many. Ball hawg from what I remember. Why they were not very good.
Seems like that 96 team won 28 games and won the region that year. I think Leslie was rated 1 that year in the region they were loaded and bhs beat them at knott county.
96 Bobcats were solid! Won the region against good teams Lovely Chapman Campbell Moore Radar….best Breathitt team I’ve ever seen take the floor in my life. Scott Moore could fill it up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RiverbankBandit95's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Scott Moore wouldn’t even started for Breathitt last year if he was on that team.
Haha you’re funny. Moore is still in the khsaa record books still close to 30 years later. Most points scored in half all time. The 96 team never got beat by 50 or 30 like evangel Christian and male beat them.
(01-03-2024, 04:07 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Haha you’re funny. Moore is still in the khsaa record books still close to 30 years later. Most points scored in half all time. The 96 team never got beat by 50 or 30 like evangel Christian and male beat them.

The "96 team had a couple good players.  Moore being by far the best.      But I think they got walloped by Lexington Catholic in Rupp.
(12-30-2023, 11:27 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 11:19 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Folks I’m a sperry fan. Read my above post I’m on your team. Lol

(12-30-2023, 10:14 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 01:28 PM)Diablo Wrote: Real gladiator.  Keyboard gladiator maybe.  So much jealousy over Sperry.  Sad.  You will never be as good as him.  He is probably the best to ever wear the blue and white.
You have completely lost your mind!

(12-30-2023, 09:55 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: No hate from me. Always said sperry is a great athlete and makes everyone around him better when he’s on the floor. All I’m debating is he’s not the best to wear the blue and white

And hold backs wasn’t heard of back in the day when them boys I listed played. Everyone’s hold back now a days so I totally understand why sperry and other players are so old. I honestly don’t understand why so many are upset with his age. Hell everyone on the floor are hold backs anymore.
How many people in the state are 18 as a junior???? This is unbelievable and should  never happen because it’s not far to the kids doing things the right way!

You folks are to stupid to even chat with

Moore graduated 25 years ago. No such thing as hold backs back then. Someone said all them I mentioned where 19 year olds and they wasn’t. Keep up or stay out of the debate

(12-30-2023, 11:10 PM)Badger Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 10:14 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 01:28 PM)Diablo Wrote: Real gladiator.  Keyboard gladiator maybe.  So much jealousy over Sperry.  Sad.  You will never be as good as him.  He is probably the best to ever wear the blue and white.
You have completely lost your mind!

(12-30-2023, 09:55 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: No hate from me. Always said sperry is a great athlete and makes everyone around him better when he’s on the floor. All I’m debating is he’s not the best to wear the blue and white

And hold backs wasn’t heard of back in the day when them boys I listed played. Everyone’s hold back now a days so I totally understand why sperry and other players are so old. I honestly don’t understand why so many are upset with his age. Hell everyone on the floor are hold backs anymore.
How many people in the state are 18 as a junior???? This is unbelievable and should  never happen because it’s not far to the kids doing things the right way!
Brother, an 18 year old junior is very common in the past 15 years. Get off the lazy boy and quit making irrational statements you old geezer. And also Sperry has almost 1600 points as a junior and the all time record at breathitt is Scott Moore with either 2200 or 2300 so he will either break that or be damn near it. Stop the hate and give credit where credit is due. He is the best slasher this region has seen in years and is up there with the best.
This is sperrys 4th year of highschool as he re did his freshmen year so yeah he may pass Moore but it took him 5 years
Scott Moore was awesome. Played varsity as an 8th grader. Hum
Scott Moore didn’t start until he was a sophomore. So he scored 2200 points in 3yrs. He was a lot better scorer of the ball than Sperry.

(01-03-2024, 04:07 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Haha you’re funny. Moore is still in the khsaa record books still close to 30 years later. Most points scored in half all time. The 96 team never got beat by 50 or 30 like evangel Christian and male beat them.
Not true pal. Lexington Catholic steamrolled Breathitt at Rupp. The 96 team also didn’t win district that year. They lost to Knott County 3 times that year but beat em when it counted the most.

(01-03-2024, 03:56 PM)Diablo Wrote: Scott Moore wouldn’t even started for Breathitt last year if he was on that team.
Not only would Scott start on last years team he would be the best player on the team. The kid could flat out play.
96 Team would dominate that 23 team! I watched them both. Breathitt’s team last year barely beat an average Hazard team in the semifinals. Scott Moore was and is the best shooter I’ve seen in a Breathitt Uniform since the mid 90s!
(01-04-2024, 01:07 AM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: 96 Team would dominate that 23 team! I watched them both.  Breathitt’s team last year barely beat an average Hazard team in the semifinals.  Scott Moore was and is the best shooter I’ve seen in a Breathitt Uniform since the mid 90s!
I have been around for both teams and I must say I disagree. All together I think that 96 bunch was special and got hot at the right time but I don’t see them matching up to the size and speed of the 23 cats. 23 cats beat Lexington catholic, evangel Christian, highlands, Martin county.

(01-04-2024, 03:59 AM)Badger Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 01:07 AM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: 96 Team would dominate that 23 team! I watched them both.  Breathitt’s team last year barely beat an average Hazard team in the semifinals.  Scott Moore was and is the best shooter I’ve seen in a Breathitt Uniform since the mid 90s!
I have been around for both teams and I must say I disagree. All together I think that 96 bunch was special and got hot at the right time but I don’t see them matching up to the size and speed of the 23 cats. 23 cats beat Lexington catholic, evangel Christian, highlands, Martin county.
And the same bunch + Turner the year before that beat Lyon, Covington HC, Harlan County, Harlan, Beat winter park Florida where Austin Rivers played high school ball.

And the same bunch + Turner the year before that beat Lyon, Covington HC, Harlan County, Harlan, Beat winter park Florida where Austin Rivers played high school ball.
OJ Mayo played for Rose Hill and they get beat all the time. Don't know what that has to do with anything.
23 team would beat the 96 team. We will never know how good the 23 team could have been because they played without a coach. All the old timers in Breathitt county say the 23 team is the most talented team to ever suit up for Breathitt.
No doubt the "23" team was more talented, but the "96" team was tougher both physically and mentally. The "96" team upset a top 15, Tim Couch led Leslie County team, and beat Knott County on their home floor for the regional championship. By no means was Breathitt the favorite going into that tournament, but they played like it. Both of these Breathitt teams were great!
(01-04-2024, 10:14 AM)OldFlow Wrote:

OJ Mayo played for Rose Hill and they get beat all the time. Don't know what that has to do with anything.
A team that produced an NBA player in the past 10 years and competes for state year by year usually comes as a tough out for anyone so classifies as a good win in my book. That team that Breathitt had from 2022-2023 will go down as one of if not the best ever in breathitts history considering how the game has developed. How many 14th teams have beat or even would beat Rose Hill?
I’m not sure too many teams over the course of history could pull off what the 23 team did last year. They beat Knott county, an undefeated Hazard team and beat Perry on their home court to take the title. They’re the first team ever to beat those 3 teams for the regional championship and did it with a football coach at the helm. No team has overcome greater obstacles than the 23 team
23 Team had to get a no call when Hoskins clobbered Smith and a crazy hand check foul to get lucky and beat an average Hazard team just to get out then a below average PCC team in the finals. 96 was tough, hard nosed and talented. They were a team! That Leslie team was legit and knott was loaded too. Give me 96 in a slobber knocker!
[-] The following 2 users Like RiverbankBandit95's post:
  • Mountainparkway, PCC-Dores85
(01-04-2024, 03:01 PM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: 23 Team had to get a no call when Hoskins clobbered Smith and a crazy hand check foul to get lucky and beat an average Hazard team just to get out then a below average PCC team in the finals.  96 was tough, hard nosed and talented.  They were a team! That Leslie team was legit and knott was loaded too.  Give me 96 in a slobber knocker!
I think we can all agree that the 2023 Breathitt team was very talented. I think we all agree Sperry is a very talented player. D1 I don’t see it but I’m no scout so what I think doesn’t matter. D1 talent typically is on another level and should absolutely dominate a weak 14th region that typically gets bounced in the opening round of the Sweet 16. When you see a D1 talent you just know it. I don’t see a problem with the hold back part of his game. He’s not breaking any rules.
Agree river bandit 96 team in a series of 7 would win 4 games to 2. They were much tougher inside and out and mentally strong as well. Special group of kids they also won state in football the same year.
They won state but had to drop down to 2A to get it done. The same team got creamed the year before in 3A. If I recall correctly Leslie beat them by 50 in a regular season game.

Back to 96 basketball team. They were too slow to play with the 23 team. They were so slow they had to play a 2-3 zone at all times. I’m not sure a team could win in today’s game playing a 2-3 zone only. The 3 point shot has changed the game these days. It wasn’t that relevant back in the 90’s
The 95 football team won the state and they did get beat by Leslie the year before, however they changed there offense drastically got back shorty combs and Matt sharp as they didn’t play their junior year and they also picked up a special back Jonathan chapman. Much different team the year Leslie beat them. I would have liked to see them play couches senior season the year bhs won their first championship. Only thing that hurt that 96 team was they weren’t deep at all.
Only thing they changed was classes. They would not have won anything had they stayed in 3A. It’s just a different level of football. Tim Couch was in 3A his whole career but didn’t win anything. However he did beat that Breathitt team by 50 the year before they won state in 2A
If a frog had a glass ass he’d only hop once. The fact of the matter is breathitt has three rings and they beat the brakes off Leslie at knott county first round regions in1996.
(01-04-2024, 03:01 PM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: 23 Team had to get a no call when Hoskins clobbered Smith and a crazy hand check foul to get lucky and beat an average Hazard team just to get out then a below average PCC team in the finals.  96 was tough, hard nosed and talented.  They were a team! That Leslie team was legit and knott was loaded too.  Give me 96 in a slobber knocker!
Hazard average but they were 28-3 and undefeated in the region? Wake up buddy. PCC was down yes but the championship game was the semis same as it was the year before. You forget Breathitt forced a should be turnover the play before the “no call” and they gave big Al a T/O when the ball rolled out of bounds. Let me give you some stats, Breathitt county, since 1996, had never beaten Perry central in the regional tournament, 0-8. Had only beat hazard once or twice and knott once which was the year before that in the first round at breathitt. if I’m not mistaken. Beat them all in the same tournament this past year. Give them boys some respect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Badger's post:
  • Night Train
Bryce Hoskins made one of the biggest defensive stops in Breathitt County history on that play. The Smith kid went from flexing to crying. With success there comes a lot of hate and this group of kids sure attracted a lot of it. But it made it even more sweeter when they cut the nets down. That 2023 banner in the coliseum sure looks nice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Mountainparkway