Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt county- 70 Muhlenburg-51
Bobcats start slow but finish red hot in this one, Austin Sperry in his return from suspension had close to 30 and 4-5 nice dunks and 2 and 1 dunks. Gross and Terry had a nice game in the middle controlling the paint, Bellamy had nice drives and shot the ball well as did Hamilton along with his extreme activity in the passing lanes picking up probably 3 or 4 steals and 5+ deflections. The bobcats will face McLean county who is the host of the tournament tomorrow at 1:45.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Badger's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Breathitt is a force with Sperry! He makes his teammates look good with all the Defense he draws. Gonna be tough team to beat!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RiverbankBandit95's post:
  • Mountainparkway
He should be making his teammates look good and getting dunks he’s a grown man that should be a freshman in college and is a junior in high school.
Real gladiator. Keyboard gladiator maybe. So much jealousy over Sperry. Sad. You will never be as good as him. He is probably the best to ever wear the blue and white.
Now I wouldn’t got that far. He’s a great athlete and makes the players around him better but he’s no Scott Moore, earl stevens, arch Johnson, Jeff Allen, Mike chaney. Scott Moore scored 55 pts in a half against clay county and it’s still a state record but he never got the press and people forgot about that. Just because he can dunk it and he’s a great slasher doesn’t make him the greatest to wear the blue and white. He needs to develop an outside shot. I’d say he’s top 10 but definitely not the best.
None of them guys could stopped Sperry defensively. He’s faster and more athletic than all of them. Earl Stevens was 19 his senior year to by the way. How old was Scott Moore? 19. How old were all them guys you mentioned? 19. Same age as Sperry will be his Senior year.
All them guys were 17 during their senior year and graduated at 18. There wasn’t such a thing as hold backs back in the day. If you were 19 then more than likely you failed because of grades. Sperry is a 15 point or less scorer a game average. You act like he goes for 30 or 40 a night. Scott Moore scored 29 a game and got 20 rebounds a game.

Tim couch was leading scorer in the state with over 35 a game his senior year. Tim is 6’5 and can shoot. The 96 bobcats stopped him. I don’t think they would have had a problem with sperry. He’s not half the player as couch. Couch got 15 in the regional tournament at knott.

lol them boys were either freshmen in college or hauling coal when they were 19. I promise you they weren’t juniors. Bahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • WYPK
(12-30-2023, 08:03 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: All them guys were 17 during their senior year and graduated at 18. There wasn’t such a thing as hold backs back in the day. If you were 19 then more than likely you failed because of grades. Sperry is a 15 point or less scorer a game average. You act like he goes for 30 or 40 a night. Scott Moore scored 29 a game and got 20 rebounds a game.

Tim couch was leading scorer in the state with over 35 a game his senior year. Tim is 6’5 and can shoot. The 96 bobcats stopped him. I don’t think they would have had a problem with sperry. He’s not half the player as couch. Couch got 15 in the regional tournament at knott.

lol them boys were either freshmen in college or hauling coal when they were 19. I promise you they weren’t juniors. Bahaha
Believe Sperry is 18 as a junior same as Collin’s, Hoskins, Bellemy and Todd from last year but he is the only one who’s told to be in “college”. Sperry will graduate at 19. 
Sperry is a 26 point scorer this season and averaging 7 rebounds per game and shooting 33 percent from 3. The hate on this kid is unbelievable but usually when someone is that good is jealousy towards them
No hate from me. Always said sperry is a great athlete and makes everyone around him better when he’s on the floor. All I’m debating is he’s not the best to wear the blue and white

And hold backs wasn’t heard of back in the day when them boys I listed played. Everyone’s hold back now a days so I totally understand why sperry and other players are so old. I honestly don’t understand why so many are upset with his age. Hell everyone on the floor are hold backs anymore.
(12-30-2023, 01:28 PM)Diablo Wrote: Real gladiator.  Keyboard gladiator maybe.  So much jealousy over Sperry.  Sad.  You will never be as good as him.  He is probably the best to ever wear the blue and white.
You have completely lost your mind!

(12-30-2023, 09:55 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: No hate from me. Always said sperry is a great athlete and makes everyone around him better when he’s on the floor. All I’m debating is he’s not the best to wear the blue and white

And hold backs wasn’t heard of back in the day when them boys I listed played. Everyone’s hold back now a days so I totally understand why sperry and other players are so old. I honestly don’t understand why so many are upset with his age. Hell everyone on the floor are hold backs anymore.
How many people in the state are 18 as a junior???? This is unbelievable and should  never happen because it’s not far to the kids doing things the right way!
Sperrys completely legal per khsaa rules. Instead of bitching on this forum petition the khsaa to change the rule.
  • TheStickyBandit
(12-30-2023, 10:14 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 01:28 PM)Diablo Wrote: Real gladiator.  Keyboard gladiator maybe.  So much jealousy over Sperry.  Sad.  You will never be as good as him.  He is probably the best to ever wear the blue and white.

(12-30-2023, 09:55 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: No hate from me. Always said sperry is a great athlete and makes everyone around him better when he’s on the floor. All I’m debating is he’s not the best to wear the blue and white

How many people in the state are 18 as a junior???? This is unbelievable and should  never happen because it’s not far to the kids doing things the right way!
Welcome to the USA. Apparently you just moved here? The age rule in Ky hasn’t changed significantly in years and is similar to virtually every state in the country. A whole lot of juniors are or will be 18 before the end of the season. COVID year merely offered students, not just athletes, an opportunity to hold back a year if their birthday fit the rules. It’s just as “far” as it was 2 years ago when other schools in the region had 2nd year seniors. Get a life and leave the kids alone.

Brother, an 18 year old junior is very common in the past 15 years. Get off the lazy boy and quit making irrational statements you old geezer. And also Sperry has almost 1600 points as a junior and the all time record at breathitt is Scott Moore with either 2200 or 2300 so he will either break that or be damn near it. Stop the hate and give credit where credit is due. He is the best slasher this region has seen in years and is up there with the best.
Folks I’m a sperry fan. Read my above post I’m on your team. Lol

You folks are to stupid to even chat with

Moore graduated 25 years ago. No such thing as hold backs back then. Someone said all them I mentioned where 19 year olds and they wasn’t. Keep up or stay out of the debate

(12-30-2023, 11:10 PM)Badger Wrote:

Brother, an 18 year old junior is very common in the past 15 years. Get off the lazy boy and quit making irrational statements you old geezer. And also Sperry has almost 1600 points as a junior and the all time record at breathitt is Scott Moore with either 2200 or 2300 so he will either break that or be damn near it. Stop the hate and give credit where credit is due. He is the best slasher this region has seen in years and is up there with the best.
This is sperrys 4th year of highschool as he re did his freshmen year so yeah he may pass Moore but it took him 5 years
(12-30-2023, 11:19 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Folks I’m a sperry fan. Read my above post I’m on your team. Lol

Moore graduated 25 years ago. No such thing as hold backs back then. Someone said all them I mentioned where 19 year olds and they wasn’t. Keep up or stay out of the debate

This is sperrys 4th year of highschool as he re did his freshmen year so yeah he may pass Moore but it took him 5 years
Scott Moore was awesome. Played varsity as an 8th grader. Hum
None didn’t

He did not play varsity as a 8th grader. You are a liar fake news spreader. I’ve proven you wrong on several occasions on this forum with sperry throwing the first punch being the latest
(12-30-2023, 11:37 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: None didn’t

He did not play varsity as a 8th grader. You are a liar fake news spreader. I’ve proven you wrong on several occasions on this forum with sperry throwing the first punch being the latest
He thinks he did. You proved nothing, only a punk would spout off like you do and a keyboard coward. They say people like you seek attention they crave so I hope you get your fill.

(12-31-2023, 12:19 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 11:37 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: None didn’t

Should have said a relative thinks he did. You proved nothing, only a punk would spout off like you do and a keyboard coward. They say people like you seek attention they crave so I hope you get your fill.
This is one of the more ignorant list of comments I have ever wasted the time of reading. The only thing I have to say from being an outsider is who the hell cares…
I guess us people from breathitt county. We need our own forum

Khsaa proved or must of had enough evidence to suspend him two games. They have the final say

Actually Moore only touched the floor his sophomore year. So he scored all his points in three short years. No comparison.
(12-30-2023, 11:19 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Folks I’m a sperry fan. Read my above post I’m on your team. Lol

According to the KHSAA rules when they started the COVID do overs. None of the points any of the COVID holdbacks score their senior year count towards their KHSAA point totals. Unless they changed the rule. So do points scored their senior year count toward breaking any school records?
Good question. I’d say schools will count them but won’t hold up in the khsaa books if that’s the case

You must be a little child to start calling people names because of there statements on this public forum! Also it’s not normal in anyway to be a junior in high school and be 18!!!!!!!!

(12-30-2023, 10:28 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Sperrys completely legal per khsaa rules. Instead of bitching on this forum petition the khsaa to change the rule.
I’m not …….. just making a statement that it’s not normal in any anyway for someone to be 18 and a junior in high school. That’s completely not normal or far in anyway to the other kids in that region.
(12-31-2023, 11:34 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote:

You must be a little child to start calling people names because of there statements on this public forum! Also it’s not normal in anyway to be a junior in high school and be 18!!!!!!!!

(12-30-2023, 10:28 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Sperrys completely legal per khsaa rules. Instead of bitching on this forum petition the khsaa to change the rule.
I’m not …….. just making a statement that it’s not normal in any anyway for someone to be 18 and a junior in high school. That’s completely not normal or far in anyway to the other kids in that region.
Double hold back.  That’s not common at any period in the past.  Hold backs, yes. Double holdbacks , no.  He will be one month shy of 20 years old at graduation.  That is a fact.
(12-31-2023, 02:14 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: Double hold back.  That’s not common at any period in the past.  Hold backs, yes. Double holdbacks , no.  He will be one month shy of 20 years old at graduation.  That is a fact.
Dang, graduation in May , birthday in June? That means he’ll be 19 before the legal cut off date of August his senior year! You need to alert KHSAA and Breathitt High but most of all Sperry!
can you at least see how silly and easily exposed your claims against him are?
(12-31-2023, 02:14 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 11:34 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote:

Double hold back.  That’s not common at any period in the past.  Hold backs, yes. Double holdbacks , no.  He will be one month shy of 20 years old at graduation.  That is a fact.
Per Facebook his birthday is in September so he will be in college at 19 before he even turns 20. You sound ignorant right now buddy. Go get a life and stop hating on kids. Perry and knott have made livings on holdbacks, transfers, or 5th year hold backs, but Breathitt does it and is consistently competitive for the first time in years and now it’s a problem. Y’all are pathetic.
Sperry has several D1 offers. He's a great player and lots of students hold back to play sports. If that’s what’s best for them, then I think it’s great.

The only thing holding Sperry back is his attitude. As far as talent, he’s far beyond anyone else in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wolfeman's post:
  • Mountainparkway
So I’m sitting here watching this Washington/Texas game. Texas has a player cj Baxter that’s a true freshmen. I got to thinking about his age and wondered if it was just around here that parents held players back and I looked him up and he’s 18 years old and playing in the sugar bowl. That’s impressive to be 18 playing in a cfp game. Sperry is 18 and junior in high school. Just something to think about
  • Beetlejuice
I think you very jealous of Sperry. Just something for you to think about. You was working at True Value in the Pet Dept your freshman year when you was 17. You in your 40s and not accomplished much more than you did then. Would it mattered if you was a 18 year old Jr? Probably not.
I wish I was 18 I could have bought some cigs for break time

There use to be a smoking section at breathitt back in the early 90s. You had to be 18 to smoke though. I could have smoked my junior haha. Saved my life not holding back lol
I was referring to being a Freshman in college when you were 17 Mountainparkway. Glad you got out of HS on schedule. Made a big difference in the world hasn’t it? You and all the 16/17 year old HS grads, congrats on that big ass accomplishment. Graduating from HS is such a huge accomplishment. I remember it being oh so hard.