Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 29 Breathitt County 26
(09-01-2023, 10:32 AM)wolfcat Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 11:39 AM)AverageJoe Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 11:08 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I'm not going 2 name the kids who should be in but watch the game 2 come 2 mind very quickly. Also not to mention any names but if I were Kyle Moore a certain starter would be off the team or at very least suspended for next game. This is 2 weeks in a row he has had bone headed plays. The personal foul on late punt return was horrendous. Also horrible clock management in that last drive, no sense of urgency and poor use of time outs.
As far as expectations go you return the entire team pretty much from a team that was a bad away from Regional champs. You expect at least as good result the following year.
Plus rightfully or wrongfully (wrongfully my eyes) this sophomore class has been called the best class since the John Radar,  Waylon Chapman, shorty combs group that won the 1st title at breathitt as seniors. Personally I disagree but I saw a better team than has been fielded so far.
As far as Coach Moore he built up a lot of security be leading the bobcats to Rupp last year so I dont see his job being in jeopardy. Should it be?

Not sure how a sweet 16 bball appearance is related to football at all?  Maybe you could start a team up Bethany and run the bone. WCW- Wolfe County Wolves  

Each year is an entirely different team.   If the coaches and kids don't put in the work.. it shows on friday nights.     

"Sophomore class has been the best class since 95"  who has ever claimed that? Zero college prospects and not a single player running under a 4.75.
James David Fugate in the Breathitt Times Voice has made that claim several times in the paper. I disagree totally. I can think of at least 3 classes I would take over this sophomore class.

As far as not having any college prospects I think that is far fetched. You telling me Gibson or Hall don't have opportunity to play college ball at U Pike or Centre

(08-26-2023, 04:24 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 11:08 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I'm not going 2 name the kids who should be in but watch the game 2 come 2 mind very quickly. Also not to mention any names but if I were Kyle Moore a certain starter would be off the team or at very least suspended for next game. This is 2 weeks in a row he has had bone headed plays. The personal foul on late punt return was horrendous. Also horrible clock management in that last drive, no sense of urgency and poor use of time outs.
As far as expectations go you return the entire team pretty much from a team that was a bad away from Regional champs. You expect at least as good result the following year.
Plus rightfully or wrongfully (wrongfully my eyes) this sophomore class has been called the best class since the John Radar,  Waylon Chapman, shorty combs group that won the 1st title at breathitt as seniors. Personally I disagree but I saw a better team than has been fielded so far.
As far as Coach Moore he built up a lot of security be leading the bobcats to Rupp last year so I dont see his job being in jeopardy. Should it be?
Agree with everything you said wolfcat. Clock management was terrible at the end. And play calling is terrible. Got to get sperry they ball. 

I heard the same thing about this sophomore class and I can tell you this class is nowhere near the class of 95. I went to school with all them boys and they are def a different breed than these boys.

Yes they were. Some great players in that class for sure. Been some pretty good ones since then too. 96, 98, 02, 09. Big shoes 2 fill.

Again- the local media/newspaper “hyping” the kids up was your example.  

I think Cat Daddy hit the nail on the head, it’s more of a  “culture” issue. They forgot what hard work is and what it actually takes to become a winning/dominant program.   But that’s what happens when parents are coaches/media producers, more views/clicks, sponsors/donations, photo shoots, smoke machines,  etc etc 

Think I’ve said this before, “More worried about belly shirts, wristbands, and daddy ball”.  Think that’s the “culture” issue.  They do the same thing in the feeder program of LJ and middle school level.. then wonder why they act like that that the HS level.  
Mike wouldn’t let anyone on the game field unless it was to paint or cut the grass. Now anyone can get on it. Sad to see the tradition/winning culture fade.