Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Smith twins enroll at Corbin?
(07-25-2023, 12:27 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: Deal …. The new facility looks like it’s gonna be awesome!!!! I was just saying the same thing , I don’t think it’s gonna be ready either …. I was by there today and it’s still dirt. I do know once they start in on the field it seems to go pretty quick !!! I can’t wait to see the finished product !!  Did we ever get confirmation on the “naked commode “ in the visiting locker room getting walls ?????
It’s a shame that everything looks so amazing except right in the dang middle is that monstrosity that they refused to tear down because a bunch of grown men can’t let go….It’s not a landmark, it will forever be a symbol of what happened when a bunch of old has beens ran off our coach and upgraded our facilities while leaving the rump crusher standing, the definition of insanity…..
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(07-25-2023, 09:48 AM)Shogun Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 07:30 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: I hate to be that person but people who are sore in Somerset over the twins need to check themselves first.

You have to ask why they didn’t go to Somerset or consider it. You have to ask why you lost the talent and fix those pieces. And it’s not just because of their transferred running back and family. Easy to blame everyone but them for all the mess.

They’ll be fine but their loss is the Redhound’s gain.

From what I'm hearing, it's not the twins or Corbin that (some) Somerset fans are bitter with...
Well, we’re waiting

(07-25-2023, 10:02 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 12:27 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: Deal …. The new facility looks like it’s gonna be awesome!!!! I was just saying the same thing , I don’t think it’s gonna be ready either …. I was by there today and it’s still dirt. I do know once they start in on the field it seems to go pretty quick !!! I can’t wait to see the finished product !!  Did we ever get confirmation on the “naked commode “ in the visiting locker room getting walls ?????
It’s a shame that everything looks so amazing except right in the dang middle is that monstrosity that they refused to tear down because a bunch of grown men can’t let go….It’s not a landmark, it will forever be a symbol of what happened when a bunch of old has beens ran off our coach and upgraded our facilities while leaving the rump crusher standing, the definition of insanity…..
Perhaps a nice statue of Greer and Cox placed at entrance of stadium would make you feel better. I know the pigeons would appreciate a decent place to Shit.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!, Walt Longmire
A statue of Greer, sitting on the naked commode with cox blocking for him … now that would really class the place up …
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, CC117
(07-25-2023, 10:35 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [quote pid="2407665" dateline="1690289326"]
Perhaps a nice statue of Greer and Cox placed at entrance of stadium would make you feel better. I know the pigeons would appreciate a decent place to Shit.

[/quote]
this, as do a lot of things on any corbin thread, made me belly laugh out loud.
[-] The following 4 users Like Khalisimo's post:
  • Bull got out!, CC117, Deuce8, KnoxvillesFinest
(07-25-2023, 10:35 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 09:48 AM)Shogun Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 07:30 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: I hate to be that person but people who are sore in Somerset over the twins need to check themselves first.

You have to ask why they didn’t go to Somerset or consider it. You have to ask why you lost the talent and fix those pieces. And it’s not just because of their transferred running back and family. Easy to blame everyone but them for all the mess.

They’ll be fine but their loss is the Redhound’s gain.

From what I'm hearing, it's not the twins or Corbin that (some) Somerset fans are bitter with...
Well, we’re waiting

(07-25-2023, 10:02 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
Why would you want to ruin a pigeons shit?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
I almost feel like Cowboy doesn’t like Corbin….
(07-25-2023, 08:36 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I almost feel like Cowboy doesn’t like Corbin….

I don’t know who he is but he sounds like he owns some pigeons lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(07-25-2023, 08:36 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I almost feel like Cowboy doesn’t like Corbin….
Nothing farthest from the truth. Quite the opposite as matter a fact.
Cowboy42 is Mike Tyson!!!! Gotta be
Let dem pigeons fly..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-25-2023, 08:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/ba39a3d5...d=12695290]
Big Grin

(07-25-2023, 08:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I don’t know who he is but he sounds like he owns some pigeons lol.
If he could get them to crap on some of the people we’ve discussed in this thread I’d help him buy a bunch more…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
Cowboy better start feeding them things soup beans then. Let the good times roll pigeons!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(07-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The rules need to be scrapped if they are not going to be enforced fairly. In fact, I think that the KHSAA should be scrapped. It's funny how all of the sympathy is for the transfers when they have D-1 skills. Not much consideration seems to be given to the kids who have worked hard throughout their high school careers only to lose PT to players who may not even be enrolled the day after the season ends.

[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
How big of a punch to the gut will it be if these kids aren’t eligible and go back? Everyone’s essentially said Corbins own kids can’t get them in the title talk, but the twins can.
Corbin can get to the title without the twins honestly. I for one have said that all year. Now without the transfers, it makes any meaningful game like a JC game more of a toss up. But you add those two on defense and West against a JC type run game and I just don’t see JC over coming that. But honestly, that’s why you play the game. They may still be able to win. But as far as eligibility, it’s looking like they will play. I haven’t heard anything saying otherwise.
(07-30-2023, 09:02 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: How big of a punch to the gut will it be if these kids aren’t eligible and go back? Everyone’s essentially said Corbins own kids can’t get them in the title talk, but the twins can.
Corbin always has the talent, that’s not an issue it’s the way that talent is utilized that’s making the difference.  I said it from the very first year that Greer took over Brody Wells wasn’t being utilized properly and he never was till the playoffs last year and the kid made big play after big play….Haddix’s kids look better because he schemes’s around them and utilizes their strengths.  This staff inherited two athletes who were as highly recruited as these twins and we see how that turned out.  Kids like this only make a difference if they’re played on BOTH sides of the ball and it’ll never happen…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Their father stated that they currently aren’t eligible and they’re waiting to see if they’re eligible before they move back. Which in turn is saying what everyone else knows, they’re living with a teammate.
(07-30-2023, 12:21 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Their father stated that they currently aren’t eligible and they’re waiting to see if they’re eligible before they move back. Which in turn is saying what everyone else knows, they’re living with a teammate.
Hmmmmm. Interesting.
  • Cowboy42
They signed the reclassification waiver in Connecticut following their sophomore year. I would imagine that waiver would work for here as well seeing as it was offered in 2020. Should be a non issue. At least that is how I understand things to be.
why are we even still having conversations ab eligibility knowing good and well that theyll be out there????
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • Corbin
A article on 247 sports says. "It’s going around now so I assume there’s no harm in posting since they’ve enrolled. Jacob and Jerod Smith have been in Corbin for months but were finally cleared to start practicing this week.
At this time, I don’t think it impacts their UK recruitment but it certainly can not hurt."
https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/b...213034067/

There is no issue. They are cleared to play.
(07-30-2023, 11:44 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 09:02 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: How big of a punch to the gut will it be if these kids aren’t eligible and go back? Everyone’s essentially said Corbins own kids can’t get them in the title talk, but the twins can.
Corbin always has the talent, that’s not an issue it’s the way that talent is utilized that’s making the difference.  I said it from the very first year that Greer took over Brody Wells wasn’t being utilized properly and he never was till the playoffs last year and the kid made big play after big play….Haddix’s kids look better because he schemes’s around them and utilizes their strengths.  This staff inherited two athletes who were as highly recruited as these twins and we see how that turned out.  Kids like this only make a difference if they’re played on BOTH sides of the ball and it’ll never happen…
Yes they did inherit two highly recruited kids but once Greer got Job and Mills come back they could only be one premier player at Corbin for those two years and everyone seen how that turned out. Grown men ruining kids opportunities for own agenda. Shame on them then turn around a kick a three year starting QB out of his position for Daddy. Corbin always has more talent than anyone around and yet wanna keep bringing in outside kids to win State Championship. How’s this worked out? Plus it screws over hometown kids who have worked their butts off for years. Karma biting on the GreerEnd…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Deuce8
(07-30-2023, 02:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: A article on 247 sports says. "It’s going around now so I assume there’s no harm in posting since they’ve enrolled. Jacob and Jerod Smith have been in Corbin for months but were finally cleared to start practicing this week.
At this time, I don’t think it impacts their UK recruitment but it certainly can not hurt."

Being enrolled and being eligible are two separate things. Any kid can enroll somewhere and practice. Even if you’re enrolled and ineligible you can still practice and you can play JV.

“If they are eligible, they will play for Corbin,” Jerod Smith Sr. said. “I do not know if we had to sign a waiver (to repeat the sophomore season) or not. If they (Kentucky High School Athletic Association) say they are granted a fifth year.
“Jerod wants to come home and play against Douglass and play Boyle County (in the state playoffs),” Jerod Smith Sr. said. “They walked through the competition in the northeast. It was not a challenge to them. They are excited about this move because the competition they have been playing is nowhere close to what they will have at home. The education was top notch but they would rather play with Guy. They love the facilities and people at Corbin.”

This was after Josh Edwards comments with 247.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-30-2023, 02:56 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 02:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: A article on 247 sports says. "It’s going around now so I assume there’s no harm in posting since they’ve enrolled. Jacob and Jerod Smith have been in Corbin for months but were finally cleared to start practicing this week.

Being enrolled and being eligible are two separate things. Any kid can enroll somewhere and practice. Even if you’re enrolled and ineligible you can still practice and you can play JV.

“If they are eligible, they will play for Corbin,” Jerod Smith Sr. said. “I do not know if we had to sign a waiver (to repeat the sophomore season) or not. If they (Kentucky High School Athletic Association) say they are granted a fifth year.
“Jerod wants to come home and play against Douglass and play Boyle County (in the state playoffs),” Jerod Smith Sr. said. “They walked through the competition in the northeast. It was not a challenge to them. They are excited about this move because the competition they have been playing is nowhere close to what they will have at home. The education was top notch but they would rather play with Guy. They love the facilities and people at Corbin.”

I guess Haddix might as well concede then. Haddix gonna role over and just hand that 4A Trophy to Greer this year before the Smith Twins roll in and take it from him. Y’all crack me up, Haddix don’t give a crap who Greer brings in here to play him. This ain’t checkers it’s chess and Haddix a whole lot smarter than Greer, Mills or Elam all put together. Boyle still spanks that GreerEnd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Deuce8
I phoned a friend and what I was told Greer has a letter from KHSAA that they are good to go. We will see.
  • Deuce8
Wouldn’t be the first time Tom Greer has lied. We shall!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-30-2023, 04:19 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Wouldn’t be the first time Tom Greer has lied. We shall!

That’s a fact!!!
(07-30-2023, 03:19 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 02:56 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I guess Haddix might as well concede then. Haddix gonna role over and just hand that 4A Trophy to Greer this year before the Smith Twins roll in and take it from him. Y’all crack me up, Haddix don’t give a crap who Greer brings in here to play him. This ain’t checkers it’s chess and Haddix a whole lot smarter than Greer, Mills or Elam all put together. Boyle still spanks that GreerEnd.

That Greerend is needing replaced.  Smile They put the wrong one in anyways.
  • Cowboy42
Twins or no twins Haddix has Tommy’s number period …. Gonna be fun to watch tho …