Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Did the Smith twins enroll at Corbin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Seen a picture on Guy Baileys mom page that they enrolled, if True Corbin in now the front runner in 4A!!!
It’s true.
It is not often that Boyle County gets outbid.....
Who are these kids ?
Twins originally from Somerset that have been playing at a prep school in Connecticut. Both are 4 star and ranked in the ESPN 300 recruiting rankings. One is top 100
And the other is top 150 nationally ranked. They are committed to Michigan with offers from literally everyone. One is an edge and the other is a DT.
(07-21-2023, 12:03 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]It is not often that Boyle County gets outbid.....

LOL.  Bitterness is unbecoming.
They are still being coached by Tommy and Wayne. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This isn’t the first D1 talent they have coached.

We haven’t won in 40+ tries. But, talk we are winning every year. So Corbin! Relax
Will they be the newest D1 players to go to Corbin and waste away?
these kids will definitely make runnin or passing hard for anyone!!!! if the back end holds up corbin has a shot at it i need to look into what boyle got in the portal more but 4a should be a fun
(07-21-2023, 08:59 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]these kids will definitely make runnin or passing hard for anyone!!!! if the back end holds up corbin has a shot at it i need to look into what boyle got in the portal more but 4a should be a fun
I watched the film on these two kids and to have both on 1 team is definitely a challenge for opponents. They are legit.
(07-21-2023, 11:56 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2023, 08:59 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]these kids will definitely make runnin or passing hard for anyone!!!! if the back end holds up corbin has a shot at it i need to look into what boyle got in the portal more but 4a should be a fun
I watched the film on these two kids and to have both on 1 team is definitely a challenge for opponents. They are legit.
the defensive tackle especially impressed me........ you will feel that ones presence every down!!!
Does this make Corbin the favorite in 4A?
4A belongs to Boyle County as long as Haddix is there.
(07-21-2023, 01:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]They are still being coached by Tommy and Wayne.  Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This isn’t the first D1 talent they have coached.

We haven’t won in 40+ tries. But, talk we are winning every year. So Corbin!  Relax
Yep, doesn't seem to matter what kind of talent comes through. Especially when they are dead set on this playing your best athletes only one way thing. It's highschool football, gotta get your athletes on the field.
Lol, might be time to set up a new Association for schools that don’t get transfers.

I’m sure a title will mean so much to the great city of Corbin if they win using players that will live there for 6 months, if they even do lolol
(07-21-2023, 02:49 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2023, 01:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]They are still being coached by Tommy and Wayne.  Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This isn’t the first D1 talent they have coached.

We haven’t won in 40+ tries. But, talk we are winning every year. So Corbin!  Relax
Yep, doesn't seem to matter what kind of talent comes through. Especially when they are dead set on this playing your best athletes only one way thing. It's highschool football, gotta get your athletes on the field.
You both said exactly what I was thinking….

(07-21-2023, 03:09 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, might be time to set up a new Association for schools that don’t get transfers.

I’m sure a title will mean so much to the great city of Corbin if they win using players that will live there for 6 months, if they even do lolol
Pulaski Co has had its share of transfers over the years and it doesn’t matter unless some of these transfers start including the coaching staff we’ll come up short once again…
Corbin can get 3 sets of twins named smith, and Haddix will still be Tommy’s daddy. End of story !!!!! Until Corbin dethrones the 3 time defending State Champions 4A belongs to Haddix and his rebels…..
Corbin is significantly better with the addition of these two. I saw them as freshman and they were two of the best players on the field back then even. That said, I don't think the addition of two defensive lineman moves the needle enough for Corbin to catch Boyle County. I've been wrong before though.
(07-21-2023, 05:07 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin is significantly better with the addition of these two. I saw them as freshman and they were two of the best players on the field back then even. That said, I don't think the addition of two defensive lineman moves the needle enough for Corbin to catch Boyle County. I've been wrong before though.
thats the question i have too. it certainly makes it tougher in the middle but boyle can hit the edges and are well coached and schemed
(07-21-2023, 05:07 PM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin is significantly better with the addition of these two. I saw them as freshman and they were two of the best players on the field back then even. That said, I don't think the addition of two defensive lineman moves the needle enough for Corbin to catch Boyle County. I've been wrong before though.
 Boyle is still the favorite. Boyle also has Colt Kelly leading the Oline and Dline at Boyle as a sophomore. He is as talented as any lineman in the State from what I hear in the Coaching circle . I think
that will be an excellent matchup to watch in the trenches if it comes about. It’s football you just never know…
(07-21-2023, 06:30 PM)Football Man 23 Wrote: [ -> ]
 Boyle is still the favorite. Boyle also has Colt Kelly leading the Oline and Dline at Boyle as a sophomore. He is as talented as any lineman in the State from what I hear in the Coaching circle . I think
that will be an excellent matchup to watch in the trenches if it comes about. It’s football you just never know…
Boyles coaching makes them the favorite no matter how many studs corbin has.
Boyle has Quissenberry, Brown , Dawson, Freshman TE, middle lb all with power 5 offers. Multi power 5 offers. SEC offers.

Then they have Bodner and I’m not aware if he has a D1 offer but I think he jus a dang good fball player. Tuff. Plays RB, backup QB, olb, slot.

They have 3 OL that are great and Will possibly play the next level. Possible have G brown at receiver that will get D1 looks.

That’s 10 players that will play next level if they stay on the path they are on.

With the addition of the smith Kids Corbin has 4 kids that will potentially play the next level. 2 with power 5 offers.

D1 talent and depth - Advantage Boyle.

Coaching- advantage Boyle

Off skill- advantage boyle

Off line- advantage boyle

Defense- gonna be a homer here and call it even to slight edge to Corbin

Secondary - advantage boyle

Team speed - advantage boyle

I just can’t stress enuf that the staff is the biggest difference.

Haddix - Leffew and the other 7-8 are in a category of their own vs Tommy the has been , Full moon mills, Whitley co mouser, and Hart.

There comes a point in time you have to call a spade a spade. Bust bubbles. And just show respect. Thank Ya Cox! Thank ya quarterback club! Y’all are the real winners.
Bodner has an offer to EKU
Unless Corbin picks up a couple ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Cornerbacks they gonna get same treatment as last year on Kroger Field. Haddix is smart and knows who to pick on and when to pick on them. Watch last years Boyle/Corbin game on Kroger Field and ask yourself would the Smith twins have stopped Quisenberry? No one in the state can stop the kid one on one and most can’t stop him two on one as we seen against Corbin last year. So yeah, phenomenal kids to have on your roster to win the first 14 games but I promise you game 15 belongs to the master and Tommy knows it. I was giving Johnson Central the edge to win but now these two Michigan Committed players show up so Johnson Central is now a Win for Corbin. Gotta give Tommy credit for his efforts though but until he’s got a couple corners that can handle Quisenberry he’s gonna get same results as last year. Now saying that I’m hearing about a couple feelers out there looking for a particular speedster in 13th to come in and replace one Corner but I’m not sure that move will happen. But if I’m a particular corner at Corbin I’d be finding me somewhere to go play before it’s too late to get out.
Heard they signed NIL deals with Tim Short Auto Mall.
(07-22-2023, 10:04 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Heard they signed NIL deals with Tim Short Auto Mall.
Really I heard CC’s furniture
Y’all act like Boyle killed Corbin last year or something. I’m a Boyle fan but believe me, Ole Tommy is very capable of getting him a ring. What’s wrong with a 14 win season? How many coaches can win that that many? Very few.
(07-22-2023, 08:43 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless Corbin picks up a couple ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Cornerbacks they gonna get same treatment as last year on Kroger Field. Haddix is smart and knows who to pick on and when to pick on them. Watch last years Boyle/Corbin game on Kroger Field and ask yourself would the Smith twins have stopped Quisenberry? No one in the state can stop the kid one on one and most can’t stop him two on one as we seen against Corbin last year. So yeah,  phenomenal kids to have on your roster to win the first 14 games but I promise you game 15 belongs to the master and Tommy knows it. I was giving Johnson Central the edge to win but now these two Michigan Committed players show up so Johnson Central is now a Win for Corbin. Gotta give Tommy credit for his efforts though but until he’s got a couple corners that can handle Quisenberry he’s gonna get same results as last year. Now saying that I’m hearing about a couple feelers out there looking for a particular speedster in 13th to come in and replace one Corner but I’m not sure that move will happen. But if I’m a particular corner at Corbin I’d be finding me somewhere to go play before it’s too late to get out.

Same treatment as last season?  Wasn't that a 6 point game?  You don't think two 4 star defensive players might maybe force a turnover or get a couple of sacks and turn it into a tossup?
(07-22-2023, 08:58 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2023, 08:43 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless Corbin picks up a couple ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Cornerbacks they gonna get same treatment as last year on Kroger Field. Haddix is smart and knows who to pick on and when to pick on them. Watch last years Boyle/Corbin game on Kroger Field and ask yourself would the Smith twins have stopped Quisenberry? No one in the state can stop the kid one on one and most can’t stop him two on one as we seen against Corbin last year. So yeah,  phenomenal kids to have on your roster to win the first 14 games but I promise you game 15 belongs to the master and Tommy knows it. I was giving Johnson Central the edge to win but now these two Michigan Committed players show up so Johnson Central is now a Win for Corbin. Gotta give Tommy credit for his efforts though but until he’s got a couple corners that can handle Quisenberry he’s gonna get same results as last year. Now saying that I’m hearing about a couple feelers out there looking for a particular speedster in 13th to come in and replace one Corner but I’m not sure that move will happen. But if I’m a particular corner at Corbin I’d be finding me somewhere to go play before it’s too late to get out.

Same treatment as last season?  Wasn't that a 6 point game?  You don't think two 4 star defensive players might maybe force a turnover or get a couple of sacks and turn it into a tossup?

You can’t add these 2 4 stars to last years team. That’s really not a fair comparison. They are on this years team. Corbin lost Eli Bolton on that line. Eli was a very good lineman that will be dearly missed. Then Corbin lost Cameron Combs and Brody does everything Wells and Jacob Baker. Those are 3 division 1 athletes that made a very big impact on last years team. Now in fairness Corbin gets the Bailey from Somerset. He is not Cameron Combs but he is a very nice addition to try to replace a Combs running at running back, then you have Brody Wells, and he just wasn’t used properly and should have been a more used weapon. Any football guy with sense knows that. Jacob Baker won’t be easily replaced. He did a heck of a job kicking, punting and was a threat at a field goal out to the halfway mark and keeping the opposing teams weapons in the end zone most the time on the kickoff. Now you have to take all those advantages away. You have to realize you may bring in a 4star outside linebacker to take Jacobs place but can he kick? No. So you will gain in one area but Corbin definitely is gonna have a weaker special teams this year without Baker. Baker contributed more to last years team than some may realize, Then Combs and Wells didn’t get replaced. I didn’t see 2 D1 kids walk into the offensive lineup. I did see 2 Monster 4star commits though pick Corbin most likely because of Bailey. I love defense. I think these 2 kids push Corbins defensive line to a level that may have never been seen in Corbin before. But does that automatically mean Corbin wins. No. The chess match just got more interesting for the 2023 title. No doubt, injuries might play a roll and stuff like turnovers. But good teams don’t have many turnovers and a well coached team is hard to beat. That is Boyle County. They are well coached and with another year of experience, this year will be harder to play with them than last year. I do want to see how the twins are gonna be used this season. I know they won a title at Somerset, did they win any titles anywhere else?
2019 they won a title at Somerset
2021 they won a title at Loomis
2022 made the final I believe and lost
2023 ……………………..
Pages: 1 2 3 4