Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Did the Smith twins enroll at Corbin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-23-2023, 10:12 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]2019 they won a title at Somerset
2021 they won a title at Loomis
2022 made the final I believe and lost
2023 ……………………..

Thats impressive, they will make the finals in 2023. The only remaining question is can the twins be that impactful and disrupting to put a dent in the Boyle County offense. I am going to see how these two kids are used and how they look during the regular season. I think the biggest indicator game on Corbins schedule is Frederick Douglass. They are well coached and will test both Boyle and Corbin. Frederick Douglass is a team I really liked last season and I already know that they have a coach that can make a in game adjustment like Haddix. That will test all phases of Corbins game. Frederick Douglass has earned my respect as a nice team to go watch play. I really was impressed with the championship game adjustments to turn that game around last season to a big win in the 5A title game against a very good Bowling Green team.
Demauriah Brown is the real deal so you better have more than one corner because the Goat Haddix has Brown at receiver this year. Try to stop Quisenberry then Brown is going to have a field day then you got 6'3 Brock Driver at TE, THEN you gotta worry about the heart soul of the team Avery Bodner in the backfield. Oh Sage Dawson is very capable of running just like he did last year in the state game. The twins will definitely help Corbin but I don't think they beat Boyle. Lets also not forget that Boyle got Paul Mcclure from Danville 6'3 290 lineman that will more than likely play D1 football. And I think Boyle's LB core will be better with Avery, Brock, Feltner and Crowe.
2023 ……………………..

So is this their 4th high school in 5 years then?
(07-23-2023, 09:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2023, 08:58 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2023, 08:43 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless Corbin picks up a couple ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Cornerbacks they gonna get same treatment as last year on Kroger Field. Haddix is smart and knows who to pick on and when to pick on them. Watch last years Boyle/Corbin game on Kroger Field and ask yourself would the Smith twins have stopped Quisenberry? No one in the state can stop the kid one on one and most can’t stop him two on one as we seen against Corbin last year. So yeah,  phenomenal kids to have on your roster to win the first 14 games but I promise you game 15 belongs to the master and Tommy knows it. I was giving Johnson Central the edge to win but now these two Michigan Committed players show up so Johnson Central is now a Win for Corbin. Gotta give Tommy credit for his efforts though but until he’s got a couple corners that can handle Quisenberry he’s gonna get same results as last year. Now saying that I’m hearing about a couple feelers out there looking for a particular speedster in 13th to come in and replace one Corner but I’m not sure that move will happen. But if I’m a particular corner at Corbin I’d be finding me somewhere to go play before it’s too late to get out.

Same treatment as last season?  Wasn't that a 6 point game?  You don't think two 4 star defensive players might maybe force a turnover or get a couple of sacks and turn it into a tossup?

You can’t add these 2 4 stars to last years team. That’s really not a fair comparison. They are on this years team. Corbin lost Eli Bolton on that line. Eli was a very good lineman that will be dearly missed. Then Corbin lost Cameron Combs and Brody does everything Wells and Jacob Baker. Those are 3 division 1 athletes that made a very big impact on last years team. Now in fairness Corbin gets the Bailey from Somerset. He is not Cameron Combs but he is a very nice addition to try to replace a Combs running at running back, then you have Brody Wells, and he just wasn’t used properly and should have been a more used weapon. Any football guy with sense knows that. Jacob Baker won’t be easily replaced. He did a heck of a job kicking, punting and was a threat at a field goal out to the halfway mark and keeping the opposing teams weapons in the end zone most the time on the kickoff. Now you have to take all those advantages away. You have to realize you may bring in a 4star outside linebacker to take Jacobs place but can he kick? No. So you will gain in one area but Corbin definitely is gonna have a weaker special teams this year without Baker. Baker contributed more to last years team than some may realize, Then Combs and Wells didn’t get replaced. I didn’t see 2 D1 kids walk into the offensive lineup. I did see 2 Monster 4star commits though pick Corbin most likely because of Bailey. I love defense. I think these 2 kids push Corbins defensive line to a level that may have never been seen in Corbin before. But does that automatically mean Corbin wins. No. The chess match just got more interesting for the 2023 title. No doubt, injuries might play a roll and stuff like turnovers. But good teams don’t have many turnovers and a well coached team is hard to beat. That is Boyle County. They are well coached and with another year of experience, this year will be harder to play with them than last year. I do want to see how the twins are gonna be used this season. I know they won a title at Somerset, did they win any titles anywhere else?
Frederick Douglass game will tell the tell how good Tommy’s Defense is.
(07-23-2023, 11:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
2023 ……………………..

Thats impressive, they will make the finals in 2023. The only remaining question is can the twins be that impactful and disrupting to put a dent in the Boyle County offense. I am going to see how these two kids are used and how they look during the regular season. I think the biggest indicator game on Corbins schedule is Frederick Douglass. They are well coached and will test both Boyle and Corbin. Frederick Douglass is a team I really liked last season and I already know that they have a coach that can make a in game adjustment like Haddix. That will test all phases of Corbins game. Frederick Douglass has earned my respect as a nice team to go watch play. I really was impressed with the championship game adjustments to turn that game around last season to a big win in the 5A title game against a very good Bowling Green team.
All I’m going to say is this isn’t the first D1 defensive players Tommy has coached. Go back and look at history and you’ll see. Frederick Douglass gonna smoke some GreerEnd. Since Greer arrived as Head Coach it’s been all hype in July/August with watered down schedule in Regular season. Corbins offense one of the best in the state but championships are won on defense and this is a problem for the Hounds playing top notch competition. Bottom line is this and anyone who knows football knows it’s true. The Hounds do NOT have a Corner or safety that can stop Boyle County’s  high powered offense and Tommy knows it. Boyle wins four State Championships in a row and Tommy can’t do anything but watch it happen. Hearing Boyle picking up one more Stud to add to roster also. Corbin needs to add a stud Corner and add another stud RB if they gonna have a chance and time is running out as most teams are settling in for first scrimmages.
Greerend maybe the Funniest thing I have heard in a long time. Hilarious!
“If they are eligible, they will play for Corbin,” Jerod Smith Sr. said. “I do not know if we had to sign a waiver (to repeat the sophomore season) or not. If they (Kentucky High School Athletic Association) say they are granted a fifth year, then my wife will be taking a job back closer to home to be with her mother.

“She lives now about 50 minutes away in New York from Cheshire (Conn.) Academy where they played last year. They would come home on weekends or she could shoot down and visit them very easily.”
Well. Interesting.
Sure sounds like a bona fide change of residence. Maybe they have an NIL deal with a major airline to pay for weekly trips "home."
Twins are eligible from what I’m hearing.
Heard a running back from Williamsburg transferred to Corbin as well and is already eligible.
He absolutely knew they had to sign a waiver to get the extra Covid year !!!!! I have personally saw the text message that was sent to him with no response….
I say let the kids play and let them go wherever they’re happy …. At the end of the day they have to do what is in their best interests… I personally think they should be at Somerset but that’s just my opinion…. They sure have forgotten where they came from and all the people who have help them along the way . Football is a business now and I can’t blame them for making moves to put themselves in the best position possible to be successful and ultimately get that COIN…..
I think any kid who transfers should be ruled eligible. The rules need changed. Fact.
The rules need to be scrapped if they are not going to be enforced fairly. In fact, I think that the KHSAA should be scrapped. It's funny how all of the sympathy is for the transfers when they have D-1 skills. Not much consideration seems to be given to the kids who have worked hard throughout their high school careers only to lose PT to players who may not even be enrolled the day after the season ends.
I hate to be that person but people who are sore in Somerset over the twins need to check themselves first.

You have to ask why they didn’t go to Somerset or consider it. You have to ask why you lost the talent and fix those pieces. And it’s not just because of their transferred running back and family. Easy to blame everyone but them for all the mess.

They’ll be fine but their loss is the Redhound’s gain.
(07-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The rules need to be scrapped if they are not going to be enforced fairly. In fact, I think that the KHSAA should be scrapped. It's funny how all of the sympathy is for the transfers when they have D-1 skills. Not much consideration seems to be given to the kids who have worked hard throughout their high school careers only to lose PT to players who may not even be enrolled the day after the season ends.

I agree that rules should be followed but I disagree that a kid get ruled inelgible. I also look at it kinda like this, if a basketball or baseball player comes out his senior year and beats out a player, then do you start the 1st year player if it helps your team or do you start the player because he has worked hard to get a spot. I thought you put the best 11 on the field. So if a team gets a transfer, then what do you do. I know of kids who has transferred and they end up quitting and it not working out. It goes both ways. I guess if the Smith Twins decided to go to Johnson Central this season, you would tell them that buddy, we have kids that have worked hard for years to get to play this year, you cant come here. Really? are you going to say that.
(07-24-2023, 07:30 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to be that person but people who are sore in Somerset over the twins need to check themselves first.

You have to ask why they didn’t go to Somerset or consider it. You have to ask why you lost the talent and fix those pieces. And it’s not just because of their transferred running back and family. Easy to blame everyone but them for all the mess.

I think Somerset will be competing at a high level down the road, they are heading in the right direction. I don't think in every case that there is a issue when a kid or kids leave a program to go to another program but in some cases there is issues. I will make the case for any kid to be ruled elgible anytime, anywhere. Corbin definately looks to have gotten two fine looking athletes. But at this point can you really call them Somersets kids? I mean now they are from 4 different schools or 3 different schools, they are Connecticut kids as of last year.
(07-24-2023, 09:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The rules need to be scrapped if they are not going to be enforced fairly. In fact, I think that the KHSAA should be scrapped. It's funny how all of the sympathy is for the transfers when they have D-1 skills. Not much consideration seems to be given to the kids who have worked hard throughout their high school careers only to lose PT to players who may not even be enrolled the day after the season ends.

I agree that rules should be followed but I disagree that a kid get ruled inelgible. I also look at it kinda like this, if a basketball or baseball player comes out his senior year and beats out a player, then do you start the 1st year player if it helps your team or do you start the player because he has worked hard to get a spot. I thought you put the best 11 on the field. So if a team gets a transfer, then what do you do. I know of kids who has transferred and they end up quitting and it not working out. It goes both ways. I guess if the Smith Twins decided to go to Johnson Central this season, you would tell them that buddy, we have kids that have worked hard for years to get to play this year, you cant come here. Really? are you going to say that.
These players played four years out of state and suddenly decide to take advantage of a Kentucky law intended to help Kentucky students an extra year to catch up academically and have an extra year of eligibility to make up for lost time because of COVID. Their father refers to Connecticutt as their "home," despite enrolling them in a school hundreds of miles away in Kentucky.

If these two kids are eligible to play in Kentucky, then Kentucky should eliminate all rules regarding transfers. For the sake of the other Corbin players, I hope that Corbin has done their due diligence to make sure that their prize transfers have provided all of the information necessary for the KHSAA to declare them eligible. It would truly be a shame for the team to be stripped of wins for using ineligible players deep into the season.

If the circumstances were the same and I still had any connection to Johnson Central, I would feel exactly the same if they decided to play two out of state players who should have no eligibility left in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Does anybody expect them to fly back and forth to home after football season ends?

This is my last post in this thread and I am going to try my best not to participate in any more Corbin threads.
I don’t see them ever playing a down of football for Corbin ….
I know for a 100% fact that the proper paperwork was not submitted to the superintendent at Somerset stating the boys desire to take advantage of the extra year .
I hope they get to play because I never want to see kids stripped of an opportunity but this looks very unlikely….. Either way the twins will be fine and paid … Haddix owns that GREEREND …… with or without the twins ….
(07-24-2023, 11:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Its ok Hoot. I still love you man!  Smile
(07-24-2023, 11:24 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t see them ever playing a down of football for Corbin ….
I know for a 100% fact that the proper paperwork was not submitted to the superintendent at Somerset stating the boys desire to take advantage of the extra year .
I hope they get to play because I never want to see kids stripped of an opportunity but this looks very unlikely….. Either way the twins will be fine and paid … Haddix owns that GREEREND …… with or without the twins ….

Thats my new favorite word. Greerend or Greerended lol.
(07-24-2023, 11:24 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t see them ever playing a down of football for Corbin ….

Just as a friendly wager, would you won't to bet a Hot Chocolate on that? Smile
I absolutely would…let’s make it 2
I will be at the Newly Renovated Historic Campbell Field to watch FDU put the smack down for the new Stadium opening night and I love hot cocoa!!!!! I will be wearing a Somerset State Championship shirt. Big beard, great lookin feller, you will know it’s me when you see me . Have my coco’s ready
(07-25-2023, 12:01 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely would…let’s make it 2
I will be at the Newly Renovated Historic Campbell Field to watch FDU put the smack down for the new Stadium opening night and I love hot cocoa!!!!! I will be wearing a Somerset State Championship shirt. Big beard,  great lookin feller, you will know it’s me when you see me . Have my coco’s ready

Smile I'll tell you what I will do. If I win, I will buy you some Hot CoCo anyways. I just hope the stadium is ready. I should have bought a Somerset shirt. I sat on the Somerset sideline and was cheering them on!
Deal …. The new facility looks like it’s gonna be awesome!!!! I was just saying the same thing , I don’t think it’s gonna be ready either …. I was by there today and it’s still dirt. I do know once they start in on the field it seems to go pretty quick !!! I can’t wait to see the finished product !! Did we ever get confirmation on the “naked commode “ in the visiting locker room getting walls ?????
(07-25-2023, 12:27 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]Deal …. The new facility looks like it’s gonna be awesome!!!! I was just saying the same thing , I don’t think it’s gonna be ready either …. I was by there today and it’s still dirt. I do know once they start in on the field it seems to go pretty quick !!! I can’t wait to see the finished product !!  Did we ever get confirmation on the “naked commode “ in the visiting locker room getting walls ?????

Im glad you said that. Thats my other favorite slogan on here. "The Naked Comode" ! I think they need a statue of that somewhere with clear glass walls around it so they will know how it felt to make peace with ones self in desperate times while everyone was watching.  Smile
Wouldn't shock me at all to see Fred Douglass lose to both Corbin and Boyle. In fact, I will be surprised if it DOESN'T happen.

Also, from reading this thread some seem to think Corbin's talent has a long way to go to catch up to Boyle's. I have news for you. Corbin was already caught up last season. The Hounds were every bit as talented, or more so, than Boyle was last season. Had the Corbin QB seen his wide open TE streaking towards the endzone for a winning TD, the Hounds would have been atop 4A at season's end.

Where the big discrepancy lies is in the abilities of the coaches on the sidelines. This is where Boyle creams Corbin. Had the coaching staffs been flipped around for that championship game Corbin would have won by three TDs. As long as Haddix is on the sidelines for the Rebels and this Greer clown and his band of misfit toys is on the sidelines coaching for Corbin, Boyle will be the likely winner in the matchup. Even with the mentally-challenged Greer, Corbin still should have won at Kroger in December. These two Michigan bound stud brothers will help keep the talent differential miniscule but there is nothing miniscule about the difference in the football IQ's of Haddix and Greer.

Dave Cox, you did us proud, brother!!! You single-handedly are responsible for pissing away multiple state championships because of your fake ego and very real insecurities. Congrats, loser!

(07-24-2023, 10:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

These players played four years out of state and suddenly decide to take advantage of a Kentucky law intended to help Kentucky students an extra year to catch up academically and have an extra year of eligibility to make up for lost time because of COVID. Their father refers to Connecticutt as their "home," despite enrolling them in a school hundreds of miles away in Kentucky.

If these two kids are eligible to play in Kentucky, then Kentucky should eliminate all rules regarding transfers. For the sake of the other Corbin players, I hope that Corbin has done their due diligence to make sure that their prize transfers have provided all of the information necessary for the KHSAA to declare them eligible. It would truly be a shame for the team to be stripped of wins for using ineligible players deep into the season.

If the circumstances were the same and I still had any connection to Johnson Central, I would feel exactly the same if they decided to play two out of state players who should have no eligibility left in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Does anybody expect them to fly back and forth to home after football season ends?

This is my last post in this thread and I am going to try my best not to participate in any more Corbin threads.
Hoot's already crying like a little baby and the season is still weeks away. That fancy office chair is gonna be soaked from all the tears you're crying. Be a damn man and dry your tears!!!
(07-25-2023, 01:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't shock me at all to see Fred Douglass lose to both Corbin and Boyle. In fact, I will be surprised if it DOESN'T happen.

Also, from reading this thread some seem to think Corbin's talent has a long way to go to catch up to Boyle's. I have news for you. Corbin was already caught up last season. The Hounds were every bit as talented, or more so, than Boyle was last season. Had the Corbin QB seen his wide open TE streaking towards the endzone for a winning TD,  the Hounds would have been atop 4A at season's end.

Where the big discrepancy lies is in the abilities of the coaches on the sidelines. This is where Boyle creams Corbin. Had the coaching staffs been flipped around for that championship game Corbin would have won by three TDs. As long as Haddix is on the sidelines for the Rebels and this Greer clown and his band of misfit toys is on the sidelines coaching for Corbin,  Boyle will be the likely winner in the matchup. Even with the mentally-challenged Greer, Corbin still should have won at Kroger in December.  These two Michigan bound stud brothers will help keep the talent differential miniscule but there is nothing miniscule about the difference in the football IQ's of Haddix and Greer.

Dave Cox, you did us proud, brother!!! You single-handedly are responsible for pissing away multiple state championships because of your fake ego and very real insecurities. Congrats, loser!

(07-24-2023, 10:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Hoot's already crying like a little baby and the season is still weeks away. That fancy office chair is gonna be soaked from all the tears you're crying. Be a damn man and dry your tears!!!
I can’t like old school hounds post enough. Had breakfast with the wisemen and am told this year is it win lose or draw for Tommy. Could Superintendent be in the future and if so who’ll be appointed Head Coach? Food for thought.
Old School speaks volumes of truth. I wished he could appoint a head coach.
(07-24-2023, 07:30 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to be that person but people who are sore in Somerset over the twins need to check themselves first.

From what I'm hearing, it's not the twins or Corbin that (some) Somerset fans are bitter with...
Pages: 1 2 3 4