Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Middlesboro make a run at 1A championship
(06-25-2023, 03:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 03:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 03:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The RPI would have placed Trinity 18th in 1A last season and 6A state champion, Bullitt East, at 13th in 1A, as if that means anything at all. The RPI was never intended to rank teams across classes. There were not 6 teams better than Saint X lin 1A last season.

Read RD50's post. Not what I was talking about at all. Middlesboro would have been on the road in the payoffs last year and they would have got demolished. Not that playing at home would have helped them much.
I read, understood, and agreed with RD50's post. Middlesboro beat Harlan, Lynn Camp, and Pineville last season and narrowly lost to Williamsburg. If they do the same this season, then they will have at least one home game. I doubt that they will advance far enough for the RPI to matter, but I still don't see what their RPI rating from a year ago has to do with this season. Putting a 2A team's RPI into 1A RPIs and ranking them makes no sense to me, but maybe I am missing something.
You are missing something - my very simple and very accurate point. RD50 said Middlesboro had no chance but with RPI you never know who might get easier road to finals. I just pointed out that Middlesboro wasn't good enough to have high RPI to get easier path. Simple as it gets. Let's please move on lol.
(06-27-2023, 04:45 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: When’s the last time Williamsburg didn’t win the district they’re in?
Had to be Lynn camp back 15 years or more unless I’ve drawn a blank. They’ve pretty much had it made with Lynn camp, Harlan, and Pineville giving them no competition over the years

If only the players and transfer in sw Virginia we’re as good as the ones in West Virginia lol

Harlan won the district in 2015.
Who are these transfers mentioned in another thread that have came to Middlesboro?
(06-27-2023, 04:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 03:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 03:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 03:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The RPI would have placed Trinity 18th in 1A last season and 6A state champion, Bullitt East, at 13th in 1A, as if that means anything at all. The RPI was never intended to rank teams across classes. There were not 6 teams better than Saint X lin 1A last season.

Read RD50's post. Not what I was talking about at all. Middlesboro would have been on the road in the payoffs last year and they would have got demolished. Not that playing at home would have helped them much.
I read, understood, and agreed with RD50's post. Middlesboro beat Harlan, Lynn Camp, and Pineville last season and narrowly lost to Williamsburg. If they do the same this season, then they will have at least one home game. I doubt that they will advance far enough for the RPI to matter, but I still don't see what their RPI rating from a year ago has to do with this season. Putting a 2A team's RPI into 1A RPIs and ranking them makes no sense to me, but maybe I am missing something.
You are missing something - my very simple and very accurate point. RD50 said Middlesboro had no chance but with RPI you never know who might get easier road to finals. I just pointed out that Middlesboro wasn't good enough to have high RPI to get easier path. Simple as it gets. Let's please move on lol.
No, I am not missing anything. Middlesboro would have been a top 10 or 12 team in 1A last season, which means they still would not have been a contender, but let's do move on.  Like
Shelby Valley beat them in the playoffs that says enough.
(06-27-2023, 05:18 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 04:45 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: When’s the last time Williamsburg didn’t win the district they’re in?
Had to be Lynn camp back 15 years or more unless I’ve drawn a blank. They’ve pretty much had it made with Lynn camp, Harlan, and Pineville giving them no competition over the years

If only the players and transfer in sw Virginia we’re as good as the ones in West Virginia lol

Harlan won the district in 2015.

forgot about that weird year. Seems like that was around the time all those random transfers popped up down there
As a Jacket fan and a realistic fan can the Jackets make a State title run?  Not likely, can the Jackets contend for or win District yes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jacketof96's post:
  • Gitback Coach