Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Middlesboro make a run at 1A championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
imo they can and will imo this year team will be better than the 2021 state semi team
Fill me in one some of those transfers?
0% chance.
people better watch out middlesboro will be dangerous threat in football with the players they got
(06-24-2023, 06:50 PM)hchs fan Wrote: [ -> ]people better watch out middlesboro will be dangerous threat in football with the players they got

yessir it just takes a cpl to move in to change a team and we got them
No.
If we was playing the old format before RPI….I would say not a chance. With this stupid RPI you never know your path to the state championship game. I’m still saying zero chance
It depends on how one defines a "run at the championship." If it means a state title, then I would say zero. If it means playing for the state title, then I would say almost zero. If a first-round playoff win is a "run," then maybe a little better than 50-50. Seriously, they lost to two weak 1A teams last season. Even if they are better this season, a serious run at a 1A title is asking for a little much.
Who’d they get in?
no
Middleboro Fans came out of no where like the newly found Cincinnati Reds Fans during their big Win Streak. Difference is I can't see why though, Middleboro hasn't Won anything yet. Pikeville would put a Running Clock on Middleboro by Halftime and will if they meet this Season in the Playoffs. Middleboro Fans are about get a Baptism by Fire like many other Fanbases have over the past couple of Seasons whom thought that they were ready to take down the Champs.
Yes Middlesboro is capable of winning the Class A title. Anything is possible. I mean did anyone think Whitley would win the state championship in baseball? Go Yellowjackets.
(06-24-2023, 08:23 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]If we was playing the old format before RPI….I would say not a chance. With this stupid RPI you never know your path to the state championship game. I’m still saying zero chance

Middlesboro RPI last year put them 16th in Class A.
The RPI would have placed Trinity 18th in 1A last season and 6A state champion, Bullitt East, at 13th in 1A, as if that means anything at all. The RPI was never intended to rank teams across classes. There were not 6 teams better than Saint X lin 1A last season.
(06-25-2023, 03:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The RPI would have placed Trinity 18th in 1A last season and 6A state champion, Bullitt East, at 13th in 1A, as if that means anything at all. The RPI was never intended to rank teams across classes. There were not 6 teams better than Saint X lin 1A last season.

Read RD50's post. Not what I was talking about at all. Middlesboro would have been on the road in the payoffs last year and they would have got demolished. Not that playing at home would have helped them much.
(06-25-2023, 03:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The RPI would have placed Trinity 18th in 1A last season and 6A state champion, Bullitt East, at 13th in 1A, as if that means anything at all. The RPI was never intended to rank teams across classes. There were not 6 teams better than Saint X lin 1A last season.

Read RD50's post. Not what I was talking about at all. Middlesboro would have been on the road in the payoffs last year and they would have got demolished. Not that playing at home would have helped them much.
(06-25-2023, 03:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I read, understood, and agreed with RD50's post. Middlesboro beat Harlan, Lynn Camp, and Pineville last season and narrowly lost to Williamsburg. If they do the same this season, then they will have at least one home game. I doubt that they will advance far enough for the RPI to matter, but I still don't see what their RPI rating from a year ago has to do with this season. Putting a 2A team's RPI into 1A RPIs and ranking them makes no sense to me, but maybe I am missing something.
With a legendary HC anything is possible… but how is the talent pool? There used to be some serious talent on the yellow jacket rosters of the past.
no
Middlesboro will provide Williamsburg with some legit competition in the district, but that's about as far as it goes. They aren't in the Raceland tier of contenders, much less Pikeville.
Only if Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, and NCC leave Class A or drop football.
They need to focus on winning the district first, something Middlesboro hasn't been very good at for the past decade. Williamsburg has won something like 10 straight district titles, and won 6 of the last 7 meetings against Middlesboro. You've got to start at the base level then worry about going on from there, I don't believe anyone in that district is a state title contender this year, with some luck Middlesboro or Wburg could win a third round game with the right RPI draw, but I don't see either team making it to the championship game.
Depends on how far they have to travel from past experience on here :D
(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on how far they have to travel from past experience on here Big Grin

I had forgotten all about that. Elite BGR memory.
I had forgotten too. Good times lol...
We are starting trash talk way to early. We will be all talked out by mid season hahah slow down fellas
Simple answer.... No
When’s the last time Williamsburg didn’t win the district they’re in?
Had to be Lynn camp back 15 years or more unless I’ve drawn a blank. They’ve pretty much had it made with Lynn camp, Harlan, and Pineville giving them no competition over the years

If only the players and transfer in sw Virginia we’re as good as the ones in West Virginia lol
(06-27-2023, 04:45 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]When’s the last time Williamsburg didn’t win the district they’re in?
Had to be Lynn camp back 15 years or more unless I’ve drawn a blank. They’ve pretty much had it made with Lynn camp, Harlan, and Pineville giving them no competition over the years

If only the players and transfer in sw Virginia we’re as good as the ones in West Virginia lol

Don't know of any WV kids playing for any Class A KY school...
Harlan 2015 won district, last time any team in district beat Williamsburg
Pages: 1 2