Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region preseason favorites and individual standouts.
Did the Rawlings kid transfer to South Laurel? Rumored his dad might be at South with Jeff Davis. If this is true then South Laurel right back in the thick of things in the basketball world this fall. And if any of it’s true what’s going on at North on the hardwood? Is Messer going to take over as Head Coach?
(07-21-2023, 03:31 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Did the Rawlings kid transfer to South Laurel? Rumored his dad might be at South with Jeff Davis. If this is true then South Laurel right back in the thick of things in the basketball world this fall. And if any of it’s true what’s going on at North on the hardwood? Is Messer going to take over as Head Coach?
Rumor has it that both Rawlings kids are going to south along with 1 or 2 more players
Heard the kid that went to SL from NL was ruled ineligible by KHSAA.
(10-05-2023, 06:58 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: Heard the kid that went to SL from NL was ruled ineligible by KHSAA.

If true, I am heartbroken for South Laurel. Just torn to pieces.
(07-21-2023, 03:31 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Did the Rawlings kid transfer to South Laurel? Rumored his dad might be at South with Jeff Davis. If this is true then South Laurel right back in the thick of things in the basketball world this fall. And if any of it’s true what’s going on at North on the hardwood? Is Messer going to take over as Head Coach?
Only 1 Rawlings kid transferred I was told.   NL has some young guys playing FB that will come out later.  They were on the team that won the
state last season in the 8th grade.  They started & will help this NL team out a lot down the road.
I believe NL will be young of course and bringing along those kids that won the state in the 8th grade last year, will help them a lot! If not this season in the next few seasons. There are some 'gamers' in that 8th grade team, they were really good. 5-7 players on that team that will do nothing but improve as it goes along. The 5 starters were really good players.
(07-18-2023, 05:00 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 10:17 PM)HCS Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 09:19 AM)FallRock Wrote: I know its summer ball, but it was good to see BIG CLAY easily handle Harlan and Corbin yesterday. Clay looked very good with multiple dunks and players contributing.

Clay looked good, but they didn't "easily handle" Corbin. Clay won by one in overtime and had to hit two 3s in the final minute to stay alive.

(07-16-2023, 11:30 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 10:54 AM)FallRock Wrote: north isn't a top 5 team in 13th regardless of coach.
They are a #4 or #5 team with the janitor coaching. Cody Messer just a much better basketball Coach than Valentine and the players will respond better.

I just don't see North Laurel ever turning it over to Messer. Even if Valentine leaves I'm not convinced Messer has a real shot at the job.

I don't see that happening either, he struggles as a JV coach. No one is impressed with his coaching as of yet.

For all the hype and practice parents were saying went on at NL over the off-season, you would think they would be better than they are? They are just not a good team right now.

Only one Rawlings kid went to SL (and he was ruled eligible apparently, he is playing), the other one is still at NL
(10-05-2023, 08:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 06:58 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: Heard the kid that went to SL from NL was ruled ineligible by KHSAA.

If true, I am heartbroken for South Laurel. Just torn to pieces.

Hopefully you'll fight through it. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-06-2023, 01:36 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:
Only 1 Rawlings kid transferred I was told.   NL has some young guys playing FB that will come out later.  They were on the team that won the
state last season in the 8th grade.  They started & will help this NL team out a lot down the road.
I’d love to know how North Laurel pulled off that 8th Grade Basketball State Championship last year.. I didn’t think it was allowed thru KHSAA to dress and play 8th graders up to the Varsity level like North Laurel did last season and then let those same 8th Graders go play 8th grade basketball also. Curious how many other schools play up 8th graders on the high school varsity level throughout entire season and still allow certain 8th graders to go play 8th Grade to win the State Championship. I’m certain Coach P only played his son Eli up to the varsity level his 8th grade year and he didn’t go back to play 8th grade during the season or when the 8th Grade championship tournament began. Just curious if KHSAA allows 8th graders to play up to varsity and go back to play 8th Grade also?
(12-12-2023, 10:47 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
I’d love to know how North Laurel pulled off that 8th Grade Basketball State Championship last year.. I didn’t think it was allowed thru KHSAA to dress and play 8th graders up to the Varsity level like North Laurel did last season and then let those same 8th Graders go play 8th grade basketball also. Curious how many other schools play up 8th graders on the high school varsity level throughout entire season and still allow certain 8th graders to go play 8th Grade to win the State Championship. I’m certain Coach P only played his son Eli up to the varsity level his 8th grade year and he didn’t go back to play 8th grade during the season or when the 8th Grade championship tournament began. Just curious if KHSAA allows 8th graders to play up to varsity and go back to play 8th Grade also?

Why shouldn’t a kid be able to play HS as well as MS? Just because they are good enough and get the experience of playing HS doesn’t change the fact of their actual grade.

If I’m not mistaken the MS state tournaments aren’t affiliated with the khsaa and are ran by KBC or whatever it’s called now. More or less a travel style tournament that MS teams sign up for. One year during Covid the crowned a state champion with something like 20 teams or less participating. Look no further than Pulaski Co, Corbin, North Laurel and some others to know these MS “state titles” in any sport rarely translate to HS state titles. MS is often just an early puberty contest and/or who has the most holdbacks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
(12-12-2023, 11:40 AM)fansville Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 10:47 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Why shouldn’t a kid be able to play HS as well as MS? Just because they are good enough and get the experience of playing HS doesn’t change the fact of their actual grade.

If I’m not mistaken the MS state tournaments aren’t affiliated with the khsaa and are ran by KBC or whatever it’s called now. More or less a travel style tournament that MS teams sign up for. One year during Covid the crowned a state champion with something like 20 teams or less participating. Look no further than Pulaski Co, Corbin, North Laurel and some others to know these MS “state titles” in any sport rarely translate to HS state titles. MS is often just an early puberty contest and/or who has the most holdbacks.
lol… Let’s let all 8th Graders play up to varsity in high school then come tournament time let’s play them back down to win state championship. Spare me the BS please!! When you’re on KHSAA roster as a Varsity Player all season and playing Varsity minutes you have zero reason to be going back down to middle school level except to win state championship. Coach P could have done same thing but didn’t .