Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 Mountain Head Coaches
Ivan McGlone was a great coach but Russell is not generally considered a mountain school. Walter Brugh was a great coach at a small 1A school that was competing against teams for titles that would now be in 2A in the 6 class system. I believe that he was the all time winningest coach in Kentucky at the time of his retirement.
(05-14-2023, 11:46 AM)Real Badman Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 05:10 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 08:41 AM)Real Badman Wrote: I don't know why Larry French would be on the list. If it were an overall list, yes. His accomplishments at Southwestern and Middlesboro are not really that impressive compared to the others on the list.

his second year at middlesboro took them to state semifinals and a 13-1 record 5 years before french middlesboro won 7 games combined thats pretty impressive to me

Yes so he is a better mountain coach than Kenny Roark? I think he is a top 10 statewide coach, but he is not a top 10 mountain coach...Coaches who had their success in the mountains.

That's like a player being named all state but not all district.......
(05-14-2023, 05:03 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 11:46 AM)Real Badman Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 05:10 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 08:41 AM)Real Badman Wrote: I don't know why Larry French would be on the list. If it were an overall list, yes. His accomplishments at Southwestern and Middlesboro are not really that impressive compared to the others on the list.

his second year at middlesboro took them to state semifinals and a 13-1 record 5 years before french middlesboro won 7 games combined thats pretty impressive to me

Yes so he is a better mountain coach than Kenny Roark? I think he is a top 10 statewide coach, but he is not a top 10 mountain coach...Coaches who had their success in the mountains.

That's like a player being named all state but not all district.......

You may be a great player in District 1, but you aren't going to be named District 8 Player of the Year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • Hoot Gibson