Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My15th region top 5 for 2023-2024
(10-27-2023, 05:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm not even predicting Pikeville will win the region but they will be better than Martin Co and you can bank on it.
So let me get this straight.  Pikeville played Martin co 2x last season and lost both times. Pikeville lost the best player they have had in the last 10 years and Martin co doesn’t lose anyone.  Yet you claim pikeville will be better?  The bias is strong with you pal???!!!
I have no bias against your money, "pal"
Bring a huge sack of money to the game when they play
(10-24-2023, 09:12 AM)Card2000 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 09:41 AM)RUserious Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 07:35 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: Not as big on Pikeville heading into next season as most, think some other squads to keep an eye on is Floyd Central and Shelby Valley who could break into a Top 5 situation.

At the moment let's go:

1. Martin Co.
2. Magoffin Co.
3. Pike Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Shelby Valley
7. Pikeville (Samons was special)
Pikeville beat Martin Co by 30 over the summer
Your talking about summer ball. MC has been on the weights heavy in the offseason and probably in the worst cardio shape during the summer sessions. Summer ball means nothing. Case in point was Rigdon going off for close to 50 on Boyd county and Pike Central demolishing Boyd.  In no universe does it exist where Pike Central does that to Boyd in the regular season. Sure they could beat them but not like that.
Pike Central beat Boyd County last year in the 2A tournament.
1. Martin County -defending champions almost fully loaded again.
2. Pikeville- they could actually be the best with the development of some of the players.
3. Pike Central- they are more then just the two stars this year, but still need more defensively.
4. Magoffin County- Barnett is as tough as any player in the state. Z. Whitaker will have few guys that match up well with him.
5. Floyd Central- Samons and B. Moore are both top ten in my eyes. Would like to see this team and coach finally get over that hump.
6. Lawrence County- plenty returning and the coaches are A+
7. Betsy Layne- could be higher, but new coach and system leaves some ? Six of top eight back from last year now.
8. Shelby Valley- bump them higher if Osborne plays.
9. Johnson Central- unusual struggles for this team.
10. Paintsville- give them another year- most of the talent is young.
11. Prestonsburg- they have talent and a chip on their shoulder to prove some things. Could be dangerous.
12. East Ridge- May be too low if some young guys step it up.
13. Belfry- just a complete ? as to what they will have.
14. Phelps- very small school and they struggle to compete right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikecoballer's post:
  • devils88