Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My15th region top 5 for 2023-2024
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Martin county
2. Pikeville
3. Pike central
4. Floyd central
5. Lawrence county
Sleeper: magoffin county
I dont know what kind of impact it will have but Floyd central has some good 7th and 8th grade athletes in its feeder schools right now if they stay anyway..
(03-15-2023, 06:23 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Martin county
2. Pikeville
3. Pike central
4. Floyd central
5. Lawrence county
Transfers and Coaching changes might change this some but I have to agree with it. Magoffin has underachieved last couple years and returns large portion of team. Pikeville loses Sammons but returns bulk of team. Pike Centrals big 2 are back and will be even better. Just about every other team in region is rebuilding or has the program so far down they can’t get back up.
1.Martin County- Team to beat for sure. Only lost Linville and maybe a bench player that transferred to PBurg
2.Pikeville- Lost player of the year in Samons but return everyone else and Carter Hurley who sat out last year is back playing. Fitzer is a mismatch for everyone.
3. Pike Central- Best duo in the region. Added a kid from PBurg during school year last year.

After that it could be anyone rounding out the top 5. Floyd central and Magoffin have under achieved. Paintsville is young. BL only has Kidd and a few unproven guys. JC has arguably the best freshman but also unproven. PBurg still have a ways to go. I have no idea about Phelps and Belfry because I don’t know who’s going to be on the rosters come the fall. Valley have some decent players but a very green head coach. East ridge will have Keene and nothing else and I don’t know who their coach will be.
You will not be able to pick a top 5 until after football.

Multiple kids transferring
Martin
Pikeville 
Pike central 

And everyone else 
Be interesting once transfer are done
To see if this changes
Lot of teams can rebuild quick
I know it’s just summerball but LC beat Martin County by 3 tonight
(06-01-2023, 11:58 PM)Dawgs01 Wrote: [ -> ]I know it’s just summerball but LC beat Martin County by 3 tonight
Did Martin have all their players?
All except Davis. He broke his foot earlier in the year
Not as big on Pikeville heading into next season as most, think some other squads to keep an eye on is Floyd Central and Shelby Valley who could break into a Top 5 situation.

At the moment let's go:

1. Martin Co.
2. Magoffin Co.
3. Pike Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Shelby Valley
7. Pikeville (Samons was special)
(06-02-2023, 01:15 AM)Dawgs01 Wrote: [ -> ]All except Davis. He broke his foot earlier in the year
That’s surprising to me, even without Davis the talent gap between the two teams are pretty big.
Boyd County hammered MC the night before one of there parents told me. MC is good and really big but they don’t play great D. Two hands on you the whole game. They get away with it though. LC took them off the dribble all night
1 - Martin Co
2 - Pikeville
3 - Pike Central
4 - Floyd Central
5 - Magoffin
6 - Valley

There will be multiple new faces and old faces in new places by December 1.
Look for PBurg and Phelps both to be much better than most think, the rest of the region might be the worst it has ever been.
1. Martin County
2. Pike central
3. 6 teams could fight for this spot.
Pikeville, LC, BL, SV, FC, Magoffin

This is based on me summer ball.
LC looked good this summer. They only lost 3 games. Two of them was by 2 and they lost to Fairland Oh by 6 at Marshall team camp. Play like Coach Thompson likes to play. Press and fast past all game. They are about 8 deep.
2. Pikeville
3. Pike central
4. Floyd central
5. Lawrence county
I like your list. Martin is definitely top dog right now unless the wheels fall off or come loose again. I hope we can make it but we will be young but have some great players and never count out Tommy McKenzie. Pikeville may be lower on the list but they are still a powerhouse in the 15th. Pike Central has 2 guys and that has been good for them, they get exciting to watch. Magoffin is due, they have the pieces. 

After Martin County, Pikeville, and Pike Central it is pretty much a drop off. The next season will certainly change stuff up.
(07-12-2023, 12:48 AM)jchseaglefan1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
2. Pikeville
3. Pike central
4. Floyd central
5. Lawrence county
I like your list. Martin is definitely top dog right now unless the wheels fall off or come loose again. I hope we can make it but we will be young but have some great players and never count out Tommy McKenzie. Pikeville may be lower on the list but they are still a powerhouse in the 15th. Pike Central has 2 guys and that has been good for them, they get exciting to watch. Magoffin is due, they have the pieces. 

After Martin County, Pikeville, and Pike Central it is pretty much a drop off. The next season will certainly change stuff up.
Magoffin is as talented as anyone they should have been in the mix this past season. Martin County would be my top team just because they won last year. Pike Central an Pikeville both looked really good at times this summer. Floyd central might be able to put their name in with the top teams by the end of the season. Other than those 5 teams, I can’t see any other team having a chance at winning region this year. 

You can never count Tommy out but after watching him coach JV instead of Varsity this summer I believe he is building towards the future an hoping to be a contender in a couple years not this year.
(07-12-2023, 12:48 AM)jchseaglefan1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
2. Pikeville
3. Pike central
4. Floyd central
5. Lawrence county

You can almost guarantee the wheels will come off again for Martin Co. with James at the helm.
Again that's my top 5 and no changes.
(06-01-2023, 04:47 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]You will not be able to pick a top 5 until after football.

Transferring after Football season?  Should be some eligibility issues if that is the case.
(09-13-2023, 12:09 AM)Ya Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2023, 04:47 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]You will not be able to pick a top 5 until after football.

Transferring after Football season?  Should be some eligibility issues if that is the case.
I don’t foresee any big transfer happening before season now. I think your top teams are pretty much set for the this season.
As eligibility goes by sport now as long as they don’t participate in an official basketball practice you can play wherever you want with a change of address
(06-02-2023, 07:35 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Not as big on Pikeville heading into next season as most, think some other squads to keep an eye on is Floyd Central and Shelby Valley who could break into a Top 5 situation.

At the moment let's go:

1. Martin Co.
2. Magoffin Co.
3. Pike Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Shelby Valley
Pikeville has a big advantage in the Fitzer kid. If Johnson and Hugh’s can hit jump shots teams can’t sag back on him. If not Pikeville very beatable.
(10-02-2023, 09:21 AM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2023, 07:35 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Not as big on Pikeville heading into next season as most, think some other squads to keep an eye on is Floyd Central and Shelby Valley who could break into a Top 5 situation.

At the moment let's go:

1. Martin Co.
2. Magoffin Co.
3. Pike Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Shelby Valley
Pikeville has a big advantage in the Fitzer kid. If Johnson and Hugh’s can hit jump shots teams can’t sag back on him. If not Pikeville very beatable.
Watching them this summer the Walters  kid could end up more valuable than Fitzer.
I still think Martin co, Pike Central an Pikeville are in a league of their own this year an anyone else that wins would be an upset in my opinion.

At the moment let's go:

1. Martin Co.
2. Magoffin Co.
3. Pike Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Shelby Valley
Pikeville beat Martin Co by 30 over the summer
(10-23-2023, 09:41 AM)RUserious Wrote: [ -> ]

At the moment let's go:

1. Martin Co.
2. Magoffin Co.
3. Pike Central
4. Floyd Central
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Shelby Valley
Pikeville beat Martin Co by 30 over the summer
Your talking about summer ball. MC has been on the weights heavy in the offseason and probably in the worst cardio shape during the summer sessions. Summer ball means nothing. Case in point was Rigdon going off for close to 50 on Boyd county and Pike Central demolishing Boyd.  In no universe does it exist where Pike Central does that to Boyd in the regular season. Sure they could beat them but not like that.
Pikeville will have the strongest guards in the region this season. MC isn’t the only team that’s been on the weights this summer. And I got news for you Rigdon can do that at any time to Boyd or any other team. He’s that good.
(10-24-2023, 09:13 PM)RUserious Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will have the strongest guards in the region this season. MC isn’t the only team that’s been on the weights this summer. And I got news for you Rigdon can do that at any time to Boyd or any other team. He’s that good.
Rigdon is by far the best PG in the region but to think rigdon can drop 50 on Boyd anytime he wants is crazy. How many games last season did he score 50? 

Pikeville, MC and PC are my clear cut favorites to win region this year. But until someone beats MC this season not summer ball. I think they have to be the favorites.
Pikeville will have size and guard play to compete with anyone in the 15th
I'm not even predicting Pikeville will win the region but they will be better than Martin Co and you can bank on it.
Pages: 1 2