Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rockcastle County 2023
(06-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 12:17 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: The Rockets are putting in work during the off season. Christian Larkey, Caleb Moore, and Isaiah Jackson have had great seasons and have had good showings at the region and state leavel track. Never realized how fast QB Caleb Moore was until I saw a video of him running the 100 meter dash at the state meet today.  Isaiah Jackson just got back from camp at the University of Tennessee and has been getting some attention. Coach Chris Larkey has supported all sports from girls softball to baseball and has certainly got the buzz back for football.

So how good do you project Rockcastle for the 2023 season, will Rock beat Bell County?

Me and you got a better chance of winning the lottery…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(06-03-2023, 04:57 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 03:03 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 12:17 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: The Rockets are putting in work during the off season. Christian Larkey, Caleb Moore, and Isaiah Jackson have had great seasons and have had good showings at the region and state leavel track. Never realized how fast QB Caleb Moore was until I saw a video of him running the 100 meter dash at the state meet today.  Isaiah Jackson just got back from camp at the University of Tennessee and has been getting some attention. Coach Chris Larkey has supported all sports from girls softball to baseball and has certainly got the buzz back for football.

So how good do you project Rockcastle for the 2023 season, will Rock beat Bell County?
3-7 or 4-6 at best!!
id take that bet. Wanna do an avatar bet? I bet you if rock wins 6+ games this year. 5 wins or less you win. I win I pick your avatar pic and and you must keep it until August 2024. You win you pick an avatar pic and I'll change mine till August. What do ya say
How many more players are you planning to get from North Laurel? Have to see complete player roster finalized before any avatar bets..
(06-05-2023, 11:03 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

3-7 or 4-6 at best!!
id take that bet. Wanna do an avatar bet? I bet you if rock wins 6+ games this year. 5 wins or less you win. I win I pick your avatar pic and and you must keep it until August 2024. You win you pick an avatar pic and I'll change mine till August. What do ya say
How many more players are you planning to get from North Laurel? Have to see complete player roster finalized before any avatar bets..

How dare you shame those kids in getting a good quality education...... I thinks the card about every other school has been using. Without the any transfers this team would be solid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-06-2023, 12:52 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: So how good do you project Rockcastle for the 2023 season, will Rock beat Bell County?
3-7 or 4-6 at best!!

How dare you shame those kids in getting a good quality education...... I thinks the card about every other school has been using. Without the any transfers this team would be solid.
Yeah how dare you shame those kids by betting on games involving them. Shane on you..
(06-06-2023, 10:23 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 12:52 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 03:03 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: 3-7 or 4-6 at best!!

Yeah how dare you shame those kids by betting on games involving them. Shane on you..

It's cool like the Cowboys I figured you would fold when it mattered.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rockcastle Schedule 

Aug 18 @ Anderson County
Aug 25 vs Pineville
Sep 1 vs Frankfort
Sep 8 vs Grant County
Sep 15 @ Paris
Sep 22 vs Clay County (D)
Sep 29 @ Bell County (D)
Oct 6 open
Oct 13 vs McCreary Central (D)
Oct 20 @ Knox Central (D)
Oct 27 vs Casey County
(06-04-2023, 04:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Might ought to buy your ticket. Not saying they will definitely beat Bell but it will be a game. Lots of speed this year. Played lots of young guys last year and added a few in spots that were big needs. Definitely cover 6 wins.
If I’m Rock and I just inherited one of the states best linebackers, I’d be getting with my defense coordinator and and make a plan like this, take away the run and make Bell beat me passing the ball. Austin Johnson is a one man wrecking crew. With 10 others to help, yes. Get your tickets now.
(06-20-2023, 10:44 AM)oldschool77 Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 04:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Might ought to buy your ticket. Not saying they will definitely beat Bell but it will be a game. Lots of speed this year. Played lots of young guys last year and added a few in spots that were big needs. Definitely cover 6 wins.
Bell Co has beaten Larkey with better talent while he was at N/L and Bell Co has hands down the better coach…Bull got out will tell you I’m the antithesis of a Dudley Hilton fan but facts don’t lie, you can save the whole Tom Larkey on the sidelines argument he’s not running the team Chris Larkey is and he’s no where near being in the same league as his Dad or Dudley….

(06-20-2023, 11:02 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If I’m Rock and I just inherited one of the states best linebackers, I’d be getting with my defense coordinator and and make a plan like this, take away the run and make Bell beat me passing the ball. Austin Johnson is a one man wrecking crew. With 10 others to help, yes. Get your tickets now.

If what I’m hearing is true that kid may end up back at N/L, Imo a coach moving a kid into his basement just to bolster his roster not only crosses all kinds of moral and ethical lines but apparently even the incompetent KHSAA can’t find a way to make him eligible….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
I hear every year about Rockcastle making strides towards getting back to playing really good football and then it doesn't happen. Only 1 good win last year and that was against Casey in week 1. Just going to have to see it to believe it.
Chris Larkey's basement ? Wow !! The kid will live in a basement for a year just to play for Chris ? LOL.
I’d rather get shot in both my knee caps than spend any prolonged period of time with Chris Larkey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Cowboy42, Gitback Coach, TD Hounds
Their schedule looks as if they invaded Class A
[quote pid="2405999" dateline="1687316832"]

I’d rather get shot in both my knee caps than spend any prolonged period of time with Chris Larkey.

[/quote]
Big Grin  Go ahead and tell us how you really feel….

(06-21-2023, 12:43 AM)runthepill Wrote: Their schedule looks as if they invaded Class A

Only Class A schools they’re sure to beat you notice there’s no Hazards, Pikeville’s, or even a Williamsburg on there…
(06-21-2023, 12:43 AM)runthepill Wrote: Their schedule looks as if they invaded Class A

Have you seen Clay's ?      ?
I heard there was a Demarhi Brown sighting at Rock. Is that true?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-22-2023, 02:00 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: I heard there was a Demarhi Brown sighting at Rock. Is that true?

He was going to till he realized no one from Rockcastle would be able to spell his name so he stayed put.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(06-22-2023, 04:14 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 02:00 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: I heard there was a Demarhi Brown sighting at Rock. Is that true?

He was going to till he realized no one from Rockcastle would be able to spell his name so he stayed put.
??
sounds like a mess at the rock right now.
(06-16-2023, 08:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Rockcastle Schedule 

Aug 18 @ Anderson County
Aug 25 vs Pineville
Sep 1 vs Frankfort
Sep 8 vs Grant County
Sep 15 @ Paris
Sep 29 @ Bell County (D)
Oct 6 open
Oct 27 vs Casey County

Yeesh.  That's a joke of a schedule.  If they don't win 8 games they need to replace the entire staff, if not cancel football altogether.
(06-23-2023, 07:37 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

Aug 18 @ Anderson County
Aug 25 vs Pineville
Sep 1 vs Frankfort
Sep 8 vs Grant County
Sep 15 @ Paris
Sep 29 @ Bell County (D)
Oct 6 open
Oct 27 vs Casey County

Yeesh.  That's a joke of a schedule.  If they don't win 8 games they need to replace the entire staff, if not cancel football altogether.
I would say 7 less than wins and the water gets hot around the staff. Bell, Clay & Knox are all returning the bulk of their teams from last season so I foresee those 3 will be hard fought   games for Rockcastle and each other.
(06-23-2023, 10:15 PM)fansville Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 07:37 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

Aug 18 @ Anderson County
Aug 25 vs Pineville
Sep 1 vs Frankfort
Sep 8 vs Grant County
Sep 15 @ Paris
Sep 29 @ Bell County (D)
Oct 6 open
Oct 27 vs Casey County

I would say 7 less than wins and the water gets hot around the staff. Bell, Clay & Knox are all returning the bulk of their teams from last season so I foresee those 3 will be hard fought   games for Rockcastle and each other.
Have you seen Clay's schedule ?
I will agree with the schedule being watered down. Not the so much high caliber teams but I wouldn't call it bad scheduling. Grant county in 3a but terrible, so is Anderson. Pineville was ok for a 1a school. But Frankfort, and Pairs won't be push overs and probably have better athletes then rock will see in district. Now with RPI winning games is more important then losing to a superior opportunite. RPI doesn't factor in class and strength of schedule like it should. Just the number of wins of the teams you beat. Frankfort, Paris, and Casey will win games this year. May not but quality wins but will boost RPI if your able to beat them.

As for transfers, as a lot of the talk has gotten out of hand. I played into thata lot. Rock has three transfers that I'm aware of two kids from north ones actually my new neighbor. And then Joseph Denny who from rock originally and moved in middle school to Indiana and now he's back. Big kid plays Defensive end and has already received offers from bal St
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-29-2023, 01:23 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: Pairs won't be push overs and probably have better athletes then rock will see in district.

If you truly believe that then you are in for a rude awakening when you meet Daniel Thomas from Bell and Steve Partin from Knox. Those are 2 of the best athletes in the state regardless of class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Waitaminute
(06-30-2023, 12:19 AM)fansville Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 01:23 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: Pairs won't be push overs and probably have better athletes then rock will see in district.

If you truly believe that then you are in for a rude awakening when you meet Daniel Thomas from Bell and Steve Partin from Knox. Those are 2 of the best athletes in the state regardless of class.
Those two are pretty dang football players. But physicality and power is what makes bell and knox who they are. Team speed is not there strength.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When on earth did Rockcastle turn into this team of speed demons??
(07-04-2023, 09:37 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: When on earth did Rockcastle turn into this team of speed demons??
If you go back and read I was referring to Rockcastles opponents. But I'd be willing to put Issahia jackson in a foot race with almost anyone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-05-2023, 06:28 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 09:37 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: When on earth did Rockcastle turn into this team of speed demons??
If you go back and read I was referring to Rockcastles opponents. But I'd be willing to put Issahia jackson in a foot race with almost anyone

A quick google search shows his 100 meter dash PR is an 11.67. Not necessarily burners.
Rock football will be much improved this year that’s the obvious. The big question is how much improved and that will depend on how big of a jump our lineman make. They are working hard in the weight room and are showing big improvements in strength and conditioning that will determine if Rock can contend for district title this year. The battle in the trenches will have to be better this year than it was last season if Rock wants to beat Bell,Knox and Clay county. Rock has a lot coming back and added a few new additions. Rock has added a great line backer who should lead the team on that side of the ball. Very physical and great tackler. Also on defense Rock has a defensive end who will be doing great things this season. As good as the defense should be the offense has the potential to be the highlight of team and our biggest strength. Rock hired a new offensive coordinator who landed us a great mobile threat of a QB. Having a talent like that playing QB makes matchup nightmares for the defense. With the new QB that gives us another WR as Caleb should be helping out Jackson at that position along with some younger guys. Let’s not forget we still have Christian back for his senior year just an overall true athlete. Look for him to be primary RB again this year but can also catch out of the back field. Also look for Jackson to see snaps at the RB position this year as well. Those 3 players have good overall speed as well. Jackson,Caleb and Christian all ran track this year and competed well at the state levels. Yes the schedule isn’t stacked with stiff competition but that will allow time to get a good balanced passing game and running game developed that should help us scheme and keep defenses honest preventing the loading of the box and just making us one dimensional like last year. Those 1A teams all won more games than Rock did last year and should be great matchups to get Rock ready for what really matters and that is district games. Let’s all be honest the RPI isn’t set up to reward losses and favors wins against teams that win themselves and from a scheduling point those teams all should winning seasons with a minor exception here or there. If that happens and Rock can beat those teams that will help the RPI. We have almost made it to the start of another season and let’s be honest Rock hasn’t had this much talk or hype or anything really good or bad in a long time so let’s just embrace it and let the chips land where they fall.

As always Go Rock!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • Waitaminute
(07-05-2023, 06:28 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:
Isaiah ran a 4.5 at UK, laser-timed reportedly. Christian, Caleb, and Carter Powell also well-placed in track this spring. I didn't see anyone in SE Ky ahead of Caleb Moore in the State meet? Pretty good speed in a lot of places. Line play will be the issue, not speed.