Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sky is the limit for Rockcastle in 2023. Coach Chris Larkey returns a lot of talent from his Young 2022 season. During the 2022 injury plague season Rockcastle County only had 6 players play in all 11 games. But in 2023 the return of QB/DB Caleb Moore as he missed 7 games last season with an injury. Moore will be throwing the ball to probably most talented receiving cores rocks ever had. Next season highly talented solpmore WR/DB Isaiah Jackson is starting to gain a lot of interest from colleges. Rock also has a loaded stable of backs lead by RB/LB Tristen Larkey and RB/DB Athoney Goodwin. The biggest question will be up front. OL Jayce Bowles will try to create Holes with a very young but somewhat experienced line. The rockets will bring in another talented freshman class that will follow one of the biggest and better talented Solpmore classes the Rockets have had. With being placed with old district foes Clay, Knox, McCreary, and rival Bell. Seems a lot are sleeping rockets. Not sure what the full schedule looks like but based off of other teams schedules Rockcastle will play Pineville, and Casey County last game of the regular season.
(03-02-2023, 07:15 PM)IROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]Sky is the limit for Rockcastle in 2023. Coach Chris Larkey returns a lot of talent from his Young 2022 season. During the 2022 injury plague season Rockcastle County only had 6 players play in all 11 games. But in 2023 the return of QB/DB Caleb Moore as he missed 7 games last season with an injury. Moore will be throwing the ball to probably most talented receiving cores rocks ever had. Next season highly talented solpmore WR/DB Isaiah Jackson is starting to gain a lot of interest from colleges. Rock also has a loaded stable of backs lead by RB/LB Tristen Larkey and RB/DB Athoney Goodwin. The biggest question will be up front. OL Jayce Bowles will try to create Holes with a very young but somewhat experienced line. The rockets will bring in another talented freshman class that will follow one of the biggest and better talented Solpmore classes the Rockets have had. With being placed with old district foes Clay, Knox, McCreary, and rival Bell. Seems a lot are sleeping rockets. Not sure what the full schedule looks like but based off of other teams schedules Rockcastle will play Pineville, and Casey County last game of the regular season.
Rock has been off the radar for quite a spell    Definitely be interesting to see how their season develops.   Still think Bell is the prohibitive favorite in that district.
Bell will mop the floor in the district, this is not the Rockastle of 2007-08 or earlier, all this talk of so much improvement is false hope….
(03-02-2023, 10:51 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Bell will mop the floor in the district, this is not the Rockastle of 2007-08 or earlier, all this talk of so much improvement is false hope….
I’m thinking the same thing, however they’re a lot of rumors of several key players from North who might be transferring for Senior season. If North QB moves to Rock that gives Larkey a whole new look and if North RB moves to Bell County then Dudley has the best RB duo in the 13th Region and would put Bell in the State Semi-Finals in 3A. Obviously Corbin picked up Guy Bailey from Somerset and if the Hounds can pick up the Partin kid then Corbin beats Boyle in 4A State Championship this year. Gonna be interesting summer to say the least.
(03-07-2023, 11:01 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2023, 10:51 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Bell will mop the floor in the district, this is not the Rockastle of 2007-08 or earlier, all this talk of so much improvement is false hope….
I’m thinking the same thing, however they’re a lot of rumors of several key players from North who might be transferring for Senior season. If North QB moves to Rock that gives Larkey a whole new look and if North RB moves to Bell County then Dudley has the best RB duo in the 13th Region and would put Bell in the State Semi-Finals in 3A. Obviously Corbin picked up Guy Bailey from Somerset and if the Hounds can pick up the Partin kid then Corbin beats Boyle in 4A State Championship this year. Gonna be interesting summer to say the least.

It doesn't matter who Corbin picks up they're not going to beat Boyle. No one on Corbin's team can tackle Quisenberry.
(03-07-2023, 12:25 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]

It doesn't matter who Corbin picks up they're not going to beat Boyle. No one on Corbin's team can tackle Quisenberry.
Haha.. Partin kid probably best Linebacker in the state period. I think Partin could lock Him down playing Greers defense. No one is unstoppable at this level.
(03-07-2023, 12:53 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha.. Partin kid probably best Linebacker in the state period. I think Partin could lock Him down playing Greers defense. No one is unstoppable at this level.

There's that I've never been outside of Campbell field mentality we love to see! Quisenberry made everyone on that side of the ball look stupid last year and he will do it again this year, and the year after.
Am I correct in that Corbin and Boyle can’t play in a state championship this year because they are now in sister districts? I don’t fully understand all of it but was told they would have to play in round 3
(03-07-2023, 02:23 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct in that Corbin and Boyle can’t play in a state championship this year because they are now in sister districts? I don’t fully understand all of it but was told they would have to play in round 3

No, they can play for a title as long as they both are the distict champions and the RPI will keep them separated as long as they are in the right seed in the 3rd round. But they also can meet in the 3rd round. Just depends on the RPI.
(03-07-2023, 02:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2023, 02:23 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct in that Corbin and Boyle can’t play in a state championship this year because they are now in sister districts? I don’t fully understand all of it but was told they would have to play in round 3

No, they can play for a title as long as they both are the distict champions and the RPI will keep them separated as long as they are in the right seed in the 3rd round. But they also can meet in the 3rd round. Just depends on the RPI.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation

Is Partin better LB than Brody Wells?

You are on some hardcore stuff if you think Patin (who I think is a really tough player) can lock down Quisenberry.
(03-08-2023, 10:02 AM)GoDeepDawg Wrote: [ -> ]

You are on some hardcore stuff if you think Patin (who I think is a really tough player) can lock down Quisenberry.
Haddix probably has got Quisenberry on a offseason workout that will make him stronger and with his speed, I see Quisenberry breaking ankles and probably will start to see pancake type runs this year.

If Corbin picks up this. If Corbin picks up that. At what point is it not even a championship for Corbin? Hell, Mccreary could take in 30 transfers and win a title but it’ll mean nothing. Those guys didn’t grow up there, won’t stay there when done, may not even stay to graduate and just go back after the season. 

This is glorified AAU ball. Win with what you got.
Same goes for everyone. Boyle included

Have you seen the Bailey kid play? Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player but from what little I saw of Somerset I doubt he would have increased Corbin's chances of winning a title last year.
Corbin isn't winning sh!t as long as Greer is the head coach. As I have said before, Haddix is his daddy!!!
Rock has some pieces if they can get/remain healthy. Gotta develop something up front to complement their skill positions.
when will the schedules be complete. I don't ever remember it being so late to be released. I know the re classification delayed things but thought everything would be scheduled by now

To think any LB in the state can lock down Quisenberry is laughable.
(03-02-2023, 07:15 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]Sky is the limit for Rockcastle in 2023. Coach Chris Larkey returns a lot of talent from his Young 2022 season. During the 2022 injury plague season Rockcastle County only had 6 players play in all 11 games. But in 2023 the return of QB/DB Caleb Moore as he missed 7 games last season with an injury. Moore will be throwing the ball to probably most talented receiving cores rocks ever had. Next season highly talented solpmore WR/DB Isaiah Jackson is starting to gain a lot of interest from colleges. Rock also has a loaded stable of backs lead by RB/LB Tristen Larkey and RB/DB Athoney Goodwin. The biggest question will be up front. OL Jayce Bowles will try to create Holes with a very young but somewhat experienced line. The rockets will bring in another talented freshman class that will follow one of the biggest and better talented Solpmore classes the Rockets have had. With being placed with old district foes Clay, Knox, McCreary, and rival Bell. Seems a lot are sleeping rockets. Not sure what the full schedule looks like but based off of other teams schedules Rockcastle will play Pineville, and Casey County last game of the regular season.

Go Rockets!
Awful quiet….
(05-31-2023, 12:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Awful quiet….
Super quiet. It's early however. Schools just finished last week. Everyone getting their moving companies lined up. I'm sure there will be a line of trucks from North to Rock.
(05-31-2023, 12:31 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2023, 12:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Awful quiet….
Super quiet. It's early however. Schools just finished last week. Everyone getting their moving companies lined up. I'm sure there will be a line of trucks from North to Rock.

Smile
Where the heck is Douglas I figured he’d be on this whole N/L / Rockastle drama like a non-binary on some Victoria Secrets….
The Rockets are putting in work during the off season. Christian Larkey, Caleb Moore, and Isaiah Jackson have had great seasons and have had good showings at the region and state leavel track. Never realized how fast QB Caleb Moore was until I saw a video of him running the 100 meter dash at the state meet today. Isaiah Jackson just got back from camp at the University of Tennessee and has been getting some attention. Coach Chris Larkey has supported all sports from girls softball to baseball and has certainly got the buzz back for football.
(06-02-2023, 12:17 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]The Rockets are putting in work during the off season. Christian Larkey, Caleb Moore, and Isaiah Jackson have had great seasons and have had good showings at the region and state leavel track. Never realized how fast QB Caleb Moore was until I saw a video of him running the 100 meter dash at the state meet today.  Isaiah Jackson just got back from camp at the University of Tennessee and has been getting some attention. Coach Chris Larkey has supported all sports from girls softball to baseball and has certainly got the buzz back for football.

He is going to have to be fast to play his new position.
(06-02-2023, 12:17 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]The Rockets are putting in work during the off season. Christian Larkey, Caleb Moore, and Isaiah Jackson have had great seasons and have had good showings at the region and state leavel track. Never realized how fast QB Caleb Moore was until I saw a video of him running the 100 meter dash at the state meet today.  Isaiah Jackson just got back from camp at the University of Tennessee and has been getting some attention. Coach Chris Larkey has supported all sports from girls softball to baseball and has certainly got the buzz back for football.

So how good do you project Rockcastle for the 2023 season, will Rock beat Bell County?
(06-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

So how good do you project Rockcastle for the 2023 season, will Rock beat Bell County?
3-7 or 4-6 at best!!
(06-03-2023, 03:03 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

3-7 or 4-6 at best!!
id take that bet. Wanna do a avatar bet? I bet you if rock wins 6+ games this year. 5 wins or less you win. I win I pick your avatar pic and and you must keep it until August 2024. You win you pick a avatar pic and I'll change mine till August. What do ya say
(06-02-2023, 12:31 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]

He is going to have to be fast to play his new position.
Returned kicks and punts last season. Don't think he'll have a problem where you put him. Just as long as he can stay healthy
Pages: 1 2 3