Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead: Class 4A 2023
(07-20-2023, 10:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Somerset. D1 Michigan commits. Just watched film on them boys and my false teeth fell out. Get on YouTube and lookup Jacob and Jerod Smith football highlights and you can see all you want.
I just watched some of their highlights...OMG!!!
(07-20-2023, 10:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Somerset. D1 Michigan commits. Just watched film on them boys and my false teeth fell out. Get on YouTube and lookup Jacob and Jerod Smith football highlights and you can see all you want.
Huhwow, those are 2 big time players that immediately upgrade any team they join. If true then things just got more interesting in the 4A title hunt.
(07-20-2023, 11:55 AM)Corbin Wrote: There are people who could afford to give Haddix a monetary offer he couldn't refuse but why would he leave? As much as I want him back and can't stand the good ol boy stuff, I'm not going to act like Corbin is remotely the program that Boyle is. It's like someone leaving UK basketball to coach at NC State. Sure you may make a final 4 every year and even a title 40 years ago, but right now the two programs are on different levels as far a status goes. Corbin can beat Boyle, as last years 6 point game showed but as a whole, one job is far superior.
The only way Corbin beats Boyle County is when Haddix gives them permission and guess what it ain’t happening anytime soon.
those two are dawgs wow!
(07-19-2023, 11:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’m curious as to how Ashland and Letcher will be this season vs the other 4 Big East teams.

I have lived in the the 16th Region and followed football teams there for over five decades, especially Ashland, Raceland, and Russell. As usual, Ashland will have to punch above their weight class to compete with the Johnson Central's of this world. The last decade has proven this. Ashland almost always has the speed to compete with Johnson Central, it's been the size up front that has been their Achilles heel. High school football is still won at the line of scrimmage. I mean no disrespect to Ashland's linemen as I know many of them and their families, but, a good big lineman beats a good smaller lineman most every time. Ashland's coaching staff has done a great job over the years of trying to neutralize this with a lot of double teams, pulling, trapping, etc. but in the end its just hard to do this consistently against a quality program like Johnson Central.
This year specifically, Ashland is young, talented, well coached, and still under-sized relative to most top 4A teams They will make some noise and compete against most teams but to beat Johnson Central will be a tall task, not impossible, but not probable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Bull got out!
I thought Ashland did great last season. I do agree, Johnson Central has some dandy line coaches. I watch the film and I enjoy the art of trench warfare and they definitely know how to teach it there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • i82much
Apparently someone didn’t do their research or these kids would have never came to Corbin…Corbin has become the place where D1 aspirations come to die…

(07-15-2023, 09:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 03:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 10:50 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 12:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: After what I saw last night at Boyle County, the gap between 1st and 2cd got a whole lot bigger. Speed kills.
So what you are saying is… Tommy don’t have a shot? Justin Haddix still owns him? Cox made a mistake in 2018? 
I am sry if I sound like a scorned fan.  But.  I called it back then.  9/10 people on here disagreed.  

Congrats Haddix, I hope you cause as much misery as possible to Tommy, Cox, and the old hounds. Win 10 in a row!   Hate it for the kids that’s had to live through the adult dumpster fire.
I’m a big enough man to admit I didn’t think Greer would have allowed or have done some of the things he’s done (ex. letting a father and son absolutely destroy a football team for TWO years) but I absolutely never wanted to see Coach Haddix leave…Cox made a huge mistake but he had others who had a hand on the rudder steering the ship too…It’s a tragedy that as successful as we’ve been for 100 years that several of our former players who actually wear state championship rings have hijacked the program for over 40 years and continue to do it to this day…And we’ll never get past this until we can get them out of the way, kicking, screaming, and dragging their feet the whole way….Should’ve done had Haddix back by now but as soon as Cox found out he figured out a way to get a shiny new contract that absolutely wasn’t deserved and hijack it…
1) There's a lot of talk in Corbin that Greer will retire after this season. Been told its timing with him getting his maximum retirement and his wife being eligible for retirement. We will see, but I do believe this.

2) Haddix is never coming back to Corbin. Call him, text him, Facebook message him, tweet him, he will tell you. Direct quote from Haddix " I will never get over how Corbin treated me."
I’ve got no idea what Tommy Greer will do from one day to the next…However I do know that there was a time that Justin Haddix would have absolutely came back to Corbin under the right circumstances, now I’m sure probably not as that time has passed, but I sure do miss him and I’m always cheering for him except for that one time….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!