Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead: Class 4A 2023
I’m going to try to go to both of the 3rd round games this year. Just haven’t figured out how yet!
(06-27-2023, 07:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’m going to try to go to both of the 3rd round games this year. Just haven’t figured out how yet!

Neutral site semi finals at the same location would be great !
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-28-2023, 12:49 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 07:23 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’m going to try to go to both of the 3rd round games this year. Just haven’t figured out how yet!

Neutral site semi finals at the same location would be great !
Love it!
After what I saw last night at Boyle County, the gap between 1st and 2cd got a whole lot bigger. Speed kills.
[-] The following 8 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Cowboy42, Hatz, HighViz, Jack Lambert, Maroon Beech, Rebel55, True pioneer
(07-12-2023, 12:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: After what I saw last night at Boyle County, the gap between 1st and 2cd got a whole lot bigger. Speed kills.
So what you are saying is… Tommy don’t have a shot? Justin Haddix still owns him? Cox made a mistake in 2018? 
I am sry if I sound like a scorned fan.  But.  I called it back then.  9/10 people on here disagreed.  

Congrats Haddix, I hope you cause as much misery as possible to Tommy, Cox, and the old hounds. Win 10 in a row!   Hate it for the kids that’s had to live through the adult dumpster fire.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(07-12-2023, 12:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: After what I saw last night at Boyle County, the gap between 1st and 2cd got a whole lot bigger. Speed kills.
I saw it with you from a close up view from the sideline……speed,speed and more speed
[-] The following 4 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • back country, Bull got out!, HighViz, Jack Lambert
(07-12-2023, 10:50 PM)HighViz Wrote:
So what you are saying is… Tommy don’t have a shot? Justin Haddix still owns him? Cox made a mistake in 2018? 
I am sry if I sound like a scorned fan.  But.  I called it back then.  9/10 people on here disagreed.  

Congrats Haddix, I hope you cause as much misery as possible to Tommy, Cox, and the old hounds. Win 10 in a row!   Hate it for the kids that’s had to live through the adult dumpster fire.
Four years worth of kids and parents that wanted their kids to play for Coach Haddix because he’s a winner and a players Coach. Four years is a long time to listen to pure LIP SERVICE. Whomever made the decision that Greer needed to be the Head Coach and not Haddix was obviously intoxicated..Greer can’t carry Haddix’s Jock Strap and after three straight years of 4A State Championships everyone in the State knows it also. But I promise you this is the year the Hounds get it done. Coaches like Archie Powers, Cotton Adams, Coach Farris, Coach Haddix are what Corbin Football is supposed to be about. Haddix will win four State Championships in a row during Greers run as Head Coach at Corbin. Corbin community derserves better than that..
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz

I’m a big enough man to admit I didn’t think Greer would have allowed or have done some of the things he’s done (ex. letting a father and son absolutely destroy a football team for TWO years) but I absolutely never wanted to see Coach Haddix leave…Cox made a huge mistake but he had others who had a hand on the rudder steering the ship too…It’s a tragedy that as successful as we’ve been for 100 years that several of our former players who actually wear state championship rings have hijacked the program for over 40 years and continue to do it to this day…And we’ll never get past this until we can get them out of the way, kicking, screaming, and dragging their feet the whole way….Should’ve done had Haddix back by now but as soon as Cox found out he figured out a way to get a shiny new contract that absolutely wasn’t deserved and hijack it…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, HighViz
(07-15-2023, 03:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I’m a big enough man to admit I didn’t think Greer would have allowed or have done some of the things he’s done (ex. letting a father and son absolutely destroy a football team for TWO years) but I absolutely never wanted to see Coach Haddix leave…Cox made a huge mistake but he had others who had a hand on the rudder steering the ship too…It’s a tragedy that as successful as we’ve been for 100 years that several of our former players who actually wear state championship rings have hijacked the program for over 40 years and continue to do it to this day…And we’ll never get past this until we can get them out of the way, kicking, screaming, and dragging their feet the whole way….Should’ve done had Haddix back by now but as soon as Cox found out he figured out a way to get a shiny new contract that absolutely wasn’t deserved and hijack it…
1) There's a lot of talk in Corbin that Greer will retire after this season. Been told its timing with him getting his maximum retirement and his wife being eligible for retirement. We will see, but I do believe this.

2) Haddix is never coming back to Corbin. Call him, text him, Facebook message him, tweet him, he will tell you. Direct quote from Haddix " I will never get over how Corbin treated me."
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
Boyle, Cov Cath, Corbin, PT

JC, Ashland
[-] The following 1 user Likes AgentOrange's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-15-2023, 11:28 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Boyle, Cov Cath, Corbin, PT

JC, Ashland

Woah  I like your opinion but I have to put JC on that top line. I will ask, does PT bring back the house?
Boyle

Cov Cath
JC
Corbin
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!
PT will dominate the west. Took CAL to the wire if I’m not mistaken in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-16-2023, 12:37 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: PT will dominate the west. Took CAL to the wire if I’m not mistaken in the playoffs.

I thought CAL was awful good last year. PT did good to do that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Waitaminute
(07-15-2023, 09:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

1) There's a lot of talk in Corbin that Greer will retire after this season. Been told its timing with him getting his maximum retirement and his wife being eligible for retirement. We will see, but I do believe this.

2) Haddix is never coming back to Corbin. Call him, text him, Facebook message him, tweet him, he will tell you. Direct quote from Haddix " I will never get over how Corbin treated me."
All talk. I wouldn’t put any stock in the retirement talk. That’s being put out to appease a bunch of parents to keep everyone onboard for this season. Just part of the narrative they want people to think. They have zero plans to turn the football program back over to Haddix or anyone else that won’t be controlled. I heard for over two years Cox was retiring but as usual that rumor was false. I also heard Jewel was retiring this past May but that has’nt happened to my knowledge as of yet. Greer has no reason to retire as he’s on top and Corbin has a winning record 34-4 in his three year stint as Head Coach. ( 3-Time District Champion Straight, 1-Region Champion, 1 Time State Semi Final Champion, 1-Time State Runnerup to Haddix ). What was Haddix record his first three years at Corbin? Saying all that to say this, Greer ain’t going anywhere and Corbin loses to JC at home this year. Won’t be a Boyle/Corbin rematch this year as powers to be don’t won’t that at all. Everyone playing for 2nd in 4A as Boyle head and shoulders above everyone. Facts…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-16-2023, 12:07 AM)HighViz Wrote: Boyle

Cov Cath
JC
Corbin

That gap is needs to be more reasonable. 

Boyle 

Lol. 
Rest of 4A fighting for 2cd place in 2023.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
(07-15-2023, 11:28 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Boyle, Cov Cath, Corbin, PT

JC, Ashland

Don't believe I'd put Ashland in the same breath as those others but that's just my opinion.

(07-16-2023, 12:44 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 09:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

All talk. I wouldn’t put any stock in the retirement talk. That’s being put out to appease a bunch of parents to keep everyone onboard for this season. Just part of the narrative they want people to think. They have zero plans to turn the football program back over to Haddix or anyone else that won’t be controlled. I heard for over two years Cox was retiring but as usual that rumor was false. I also heard Jewel was retiring this past May but that has’nt happened to my knowledge as of yet. Greer has no reason to retire as he’s on top and Corbin has a winning record 34-4 in his three year stint as Head Coach. ( 3-Time District Champion Straight, 1-Region Champion, 1 Time State Semi Final Champion, 1-Time State Runnerup to Haddix ). What was Haddix record the first 3 seasons at Corbin? Saying all that to say this, Greer ain’t going anywhere and Corbin loses to JC at home this year. Won’t be a Boyle/Corbin rematch this year as powers to be don’t won’t that at all. Everyone playing for 2nd in 4A as Boyle head and shoulders above everyone. Facts…

Only a couple of comments.  Haddix is NEVER going back to Corbin.  He may leave Boyle, but it won't be to go back to Corbin.  

The other thing, Greer's first 3 seasons hasn't been bad at all, obviously.  But....he found the program in much better shape than Haddix did.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
Haddix left him a Lamborghini to cruise in and Greer wrecked it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, HighViz
(07-16-2023, 11:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Haddix left him a Lamborghini to cruise in and Greer wrecked it.

the most truthful thing written in this post. He totaled it.   Mills in the passenger seat and Mouser riding bit*h. 

corbin was at the bottom of the barrel when he arrived.  Tommy showed us what he could build. He sat Haddix’s D1 talent on the bench offensively and wasted it. Run Right, run Left from the gun!
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
IMO, Paducah Tilghman will not dominate west 4A. A one game sample size against CAL is not going to convince anyone on this side of the state. In that very same year, they got beat a way below average Hopkinsville team at home. They also lost (got blown out) to the worst South Warren team I've ever seen in the past 8 years. Those same SW and Hopkinsville team got beat by Logan County who is in PT's district.

I wouldn't be surprised if PT doesn't win their district. Warren East returns most of all their production and Logan County might actually be the pre season favorite. PT also lost Malachi Rider (their top production on offense) to transfer in the offseason. Guess we will see.
(07-17-2023, 10:30 AM)Fade Wrote: IMO, Paducah Tilghman will not dominate west 4A. A one game sample size against CAL is not going to convince anyone on this side of the state. In that very same year, they got beat a way below average Hopkinsville team at home. They also lost (got blown out) to the worst South Warren team I've ever seen in the past 8 years. Those same SW and Hopkinsville team got beat by Logan County who is in PT's district.

I wouldn't be surprised if PT doesn't win their district. Warren East returns most of all their production and Logan County might actually be the pre season favorite. PT also lost Malachi Rider (their top production on offense) to transfer in the offseason. Guess we will see.

Agree with this. That district is a huge toss up. 2 4a district champions from a year ago in that district may have something to say about that. Cross district runs through Bardstown. Louisville area has some sleepers too. 4a East is where the heavy hitters are though. That will be a blood bath come round 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’m curious as to how Ashland and Letcher will be this season vs the other 4 Big East teams.
There are people who could afford to give Haddix a monetary offer he couldn't refuse but why would he leave? As much as I want him back and can't stand the good ol boy stuff, I'm not going to act like Corbin is remotely the program that Boyle is. It's like someone leaving UK basketball to coach at NC State. Sure you may make a final 4 every year and even a title 40 years ago, but right now the two programs are on different levels as far a status goes. Corbin can beat Boyle, as last years 6 point game showed but as a whole, one job is far superior.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
How about Corbin landing the Smith twins?
Are they coming to Corbin? I had heard that was a possibility.
(07-20-2023, 02:53 PM)Corbin Wrote: Are they coming to Corbin? I had heard that was a possibility.

Someone told me they were already enrolled and sent pictures of them decked out in gear.
(07-20-2023, 02:53 PM)Corbin Wrote: Are they coming to Corbin? I had heard that was a possibility.

100% confirmed.
(07-20-2023, 10:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

100% confirmed.

Who are the smith twins? What grade and where are they from?
Somerset. D1 Michigan commits. Just watched film on them boys and my false teeth fell out. Get on YouTube and lookup Jacob and Jerod Smith football highlights and you can see all you want.
Corbins now the favorites. Etch it on the 2023 trophy. This is the year.