Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie 64 Owsley 62
Ain’t nobody scared of the Little Owls
DukeBoyAin’t nobody scared of the Little Owls

Well you just lost all credibility. Lol.  Because we all know that isn’t close to true.  But you just keep living in your little dream world.
I’m Dreaming baby
No teams had better look too far ahead.

First, teams have to make it to the region by making it to their district championships. Then once there it always helps to get a good draw. Owsley drew a murderers row bracket last year in the region, having to defeat Knott and Leslie before falling by 1 in OT to Letcher in the championship game (which still deeply hurts my heart and soul, lol)

Leslie County is the prohibitive favorites this year in my opinion because not only are they well coached and talented they also are hosting the region. Owsley, Perry, Knott, and Letcher all have the ability to win the region as well. And there’s a few other teams that can’t be overlooked or they will send you home with an early exit.

These threads are fun to interact, predict and discuss play and one thing is for sure, the post season this season should be some great games.

The 14th region is by no means a strong region when compared to the majority of the other regions but as the old saying goes, “someone has to win it.”
Owsley gets free trip to Region every year. Must be nice knowing you’re going no matter what. Same said with LCC and Knott. Super Regional is what is needed in Ky Basketball. District Tourney is just dumb and a waste of time. About like the first and second rounds of Ky Football Playoffs. All about the money.
(12-27-2022, 10:55 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Owsley gets free trip to Region every year.  Must be nice knowing you’re going no matter what.  Same said with LCC and Knott.  Super Regional is what is needed in Ky Basketball.  District Tourney is just dumb and a waste of time.  About like the first and second rounds of Ky Football Playoffs.  All about the money.
You might could say that about the 53rd district with JBS and Cordia and the 55th district with Wolfe and Breathitt competing against Jackson City and Riverside Christian, but the 56th is never a “free trip”. Estill and Powell, who are the 3rd and 4th largest schools in the region with both having over 700 students, have won their share of 56th district titles over the years. And neither are a pushover this year either. Leslie only defeated Estill earlier this year in Hyden by 4 points.
Both are way down Lookyanner. Cake walk for the Owls
(12-27-2022, 01:33 PM)HDukeBoy Wrote: Both are way down Lookyanner.  Cake walk for the Owls
But that’s not how you stated it. You said “Owsley gets a free trip to the region EVERY YEAR”. Every year means….well, every year. And that’s not been the history of it in the 56th.
Well Owsley is a Powerhouse now. MTV gonna host a program on their Dynasty soon.
(12-27-2022, 02:50 PM):DDukeBoy Wrote: Well Owsley is a Powerhouse now.  MTV gonna host a program on their Dynasty soon.
Smile Woah
I think it’s ESPN doing the program instead of MTV. Owsley’s follows the program on Oak Hill Academy’s dynasty.  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • DukeBoy
Saw where both teams lost today to Tennessee teams. Good to see them playing some competitive teams for a change.
(12-29-2022, 12:42 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Saw where both teams lost today to Tennessee teams.  Good to see them playing some competitive teams for a change.
Lady Owls lost to a 1 loss team from the Nashville area, Houston County High. It was a 4 point game with 2 minutes remaining but ended up losing by 9. I wasn’t there, just going on cell calls from fans who were.
It was a 10am game. Which is as fair for one team as the other but most kids don’t like those morning games. 
The boys team lost pretty big against one of the local area teams. Owsley’s boys are very young team, same as the girls.
I was referring to Leslie’s girls and not Boy Owls team.
(12-29-2022, 01:37 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I was referring to Leslie’s girls and not Boy Owls team.
Okay, lol. My misunderstanding.
When you said “saw where both teams lost today” I thought you was talking about both Owsley’s teams because they’re both in the same Tennessee tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • DukeBoy