Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Parks New Danville Coach
(12-10-2022, 06:44 PM)Corner81 Wrote: Forgive me for being out of the loop for a while, but could someone update me on the transfer rules?  it used to be that players who had started playing at a school in the 9th grade, without a bonafide change of address, had to sit out a year when they transferred to another school.

That is correct. Everyone needs to understand that they need a legitimate change of address into the school district they will be attending to be eligible to participate in KHSAA sports. 

These Danville kids are on their third coach in four seasons in a school with poor academic performance and constantly changing administration. Anyone deciding to leave that through a legitimate change of address to attend a better school should be allowed to. These kids and families shouldn’t be prisoner to an underperforming school system that has put them through two coaching transitions in three seasons. In fact we can debate whether anyone regardless of ability to move should be forced into this situation. But the rules are the rules. You need a legitimate change of address into the school system your kid will attend if moving during high school years.

Anyone in this boat please check KHSAA rules to be clear on requirements.
I know a lot of Danville folks wanted CC; re-instated. Keep in mind, Coach Parks had nothing to do with any of that stuff in the past.

Get behind him and give him a chance.

I don’t know the man, and he doesn’t know me. BUT- I’m telling you his BEREA teams were well coached and fundamental. The kids played hard for him; and, a lot of times just were out-manned or ran out of gas.

Give this man a chance and support your kids and program over there. It might work out great.
Wasn't Sam Harp only 49-40 before he got the Danville job? And, that includes going 10-2 at Anderson County in 1987. So he would have been 39-38 before that one great season at Anderson County. I know that isn't a losing record like Coach Parks, but it certainly isn't a record that you would expect from a coach taking over the Danville program.
(12-11-2022, 10:34 PM)ROTC Wrote: I know a lot of Danville folks wanted CC; re-instated.  Keep in mind, Coach Parks had nothing to do with any of that stuff in the past.

Get behind him and give him a chance.

I don’t know the man, and he doesn’t know me.  BUT- I’m telling you his BEREA teams were well coached and fundamental.  The kids played hard for him; and, a lot of times just were out-manned or ran out of gas.

Give this man a chance and support your kids and program over there.  It might work out great.

The sad part about this is, the coach is being placed in a spot that unless he goes undefeated it will not be good enough.   There is a segment of the fan base against him right off the bat.   It is extremely hard to overcome that.

Quite honestly I am surprised a coach would want to subject themselves to that.
(12-10-2022, 10:34 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 10:43 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Danville’s administration really dropped the ball on this hire, IMO the program was set back 10 years when they pushed Clevenger out and hired the next coach and I believe it was pushed back another 10 years today with this hire, if I were Coach Haddix I’d end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore and why play teams thru the regular season that don’t make your team better as result of the competition, I would guess that there will be transfers after the hire they made today.

Out of the candidate pool who would you have hired instead?

Clay Clevenger was the hire. Danville screwed this up big time.

It would be very fitting if Parks hired someone named Rec as his offensive coordinator.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Danville administration is a joke.... What a let down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • jamesclay
Guys with respect to Coach Clevenger, the mindset of "He was the hire! He was the hire!" is honestly over the top. There are 10+ open jobs every year and his name is the top candidate every time. At some point, maybe Clay doesn't want back into coaching? He's at Centre College and his kids go to Boyle. I highly doubt he ever considered going back to Danville. I do not know Coach Parks, I have 0 connections with Danville, and I don't live in their area. The fan base needs to get behind whoever they hired. Coach Peach had all the success in the world at Anderson County, and you see how Danville treated him.
His name is at the top of every open job because he's a top tier coach. Clevenger wanted back at Danville and didn't even get a call. Whether he was the best candidate to hire or not, his resume is too good to just throw in the trash without a second thought, that is what most people in the community are upset about.
(12-12-2022, 02:10 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Guys with respect to Coach Clevenger, the mindset of "He was the hire! He was the hire!" is honestly over the top. There are 10+ open jobs every year and his name is the top candidate every time. At some point, maybe Clay doesn't want back into coaching? He's at Centre College and his kids go to Boyle. I highly doubt he ever considered going back to Danville. I do not know Coach Parks, I have 0 connections with Danville, and I don't live in their area. The fan base needs to get behind whoever they hired. Coach Peach had all the success in the world at Anderson County, and you see how Danville treated him.

Except there are a lot of reports in the community that Clevenger DID apply for this job and didn't even get an interview from the committee, a committee that supposedly looked at "15-20 applicants" and thought Parks had the best resume despite a career winning percentage under .400. I'm supposed to believe Danville didn't attract anyone better than that? That's nuts!

Danville's administration has made a mess of the football program for years. Fans will buy in if there's success but the wounds of what happened to the program aren't closing anytime soon.
(12-12-2022, 02:20 PM)whynot1224 Wrote: His name is at the top of every open job because he's a top tier coach. Clevenger wanted back at Danville and didn't even get a call. Whether he was the best candidate to hire or not, his resume is too good to just throw in the trash without a second thought, that is what most people in the community are upset about.

Which makes it very hard to support the administration and just puts the new coach in an even more difficult situation.

(12-12-2022, 02:10 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Guys with respect to Coach Clevenger, the mindset of "He was the hire! He was the hire!" is honestly over the top. There are 10+ open jobs every year and his name is the top candidate every time. At some point, maybe Clay doesn't want back into coaching? He's at Centre College and his kids go to Boyle. I highly doubt he ever considered going back to Danville. I do not know Coach Parks, I have 0 connections with Danville, and I don't live in their area. The fan base needs to get behind whoever they hired. Coach Peach had all the success in the world at Anderson County, and you see how Danville treated him.

If you lived here and had witnessed the last two years I don’t think you would believe any of what you just wrote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • AdsFanatic
Haddix doesn't have to recruit. His record and philosophy speaks for itself. Plus, Boyle is one of the top football programs in the state of Kentucky. If you lived within thirty minutes of Boyle, you would be a fool not to send your kids to play there, if they wanted to play football.
[-] The following 5 users Like Cat Daddy's post:
  • cherokee, Deuce8, HighViz, Jack Lambert, wolfcat
(12-13-2022, 11:03 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Haddix doesn't have to recruit. His record and philosophy speaks for itself. Plus, Boyle is one of the top football programs in the state of Kentucky. If you lived within thirty minutes of Boyle, you would be a fool not to send your kids to play there, if they wanted to play football.

And football is only one of many reasons to send your children to Boyle County. Boyle County’s high school and elementary schools have the highest overall performance rating by the Kentucky Department of Education. Boyle Middle has the 2nd highest rating. Link to Boyle Schools Report Card . Every level of Danville Schools have the next to lowest overall performance rating. Link to Danville Schools Report Card. The KDE’s school overall performance rating has five levels - very low, low, medium, high, very high. Boyle high school and elementary are rated Very High, their middle school is rated High. 
Danville High School is rated Low, middle school is rated Low, elementary schools are rated Low. Danville High School is rated Low in Graduation Rate, Postsecondary Readiness, and Quality of School Climate and Safety Survey by the Kentucky Department of Education. Link to Danville Schools Accountability Data. The same three categories for Boyle County High School are all rated High. Link to Boyle County Schools Accountability Data
[-] The following 3 users Like Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Jack Lambert, jamesclay, Rebel55
How are things working out at Danville?
The Somerset rivialy just got more intense.
Did kids really transfer or just rumors?
(01-19-2023, 10:32 AM)olreb Wrote: Did kids really transfer or just rumors?

What are the rumors?
One lineman is already at Boyle and another is on the way
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Maroon Beech
I have heard about two Danville O-Linemen going to Boyle. Also heard rumors of more following later this year.

Danville is not in a good place right now. Community is being urged to rally around Parks but that's like asking Cincinnati Reds fans to keep showing up to games when the ownership is putrid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AdsFanatic's post:
  • Explorer
Should be interesting to see how things work out after basketball season.
How are things working out?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(12-13-2022, 11:03 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Haddix doesn't have to recruit. His record and philosophy speaks for itself. Plus, Boyle is one of the top football programs in the state of Kentucky. If you lived within thirty minutes of Boyle, you would be a fool not to send your kids to play there, if they wanted to play football.

He does not have to, but he does. I say good for him, but lets not be ignorant..
(05-03-2023, 02:25 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 11:03 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Haddix doesn't have to recruit. His record and philosophy speaks for itself. Plus, Boyle is one of the top football programs in the state of Kentucky. If you lived within thirty minutes of Boyle, you would be a fool not to send your kids to play there, if they wanted to play football.

He does not have to, but he does. I say good for him, but lets not be ignorant..
Can you enlighten us on his recruiting tactics?

Love the hot takes coming in from Franklin. Don't think Haddix is recruiting, but we know Franklin isn't. Kids leaving Franklin to go to Shelby County??
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • FootballFan1999, RunninReb
(05-03-2023, 02:58 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Love the hot takes coming in from Franklin. Don't think Haddix is recruiting, but we know Franklin isn't. Kids leaving Franklin to go to Shelby County??
 Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Half of FC team is from Western Hills. Do better.
HAHA, so sensitive you boys. I am a Haddix fan. Simmer down. We do our best to get anyone we can! Just does not seem to work as effectively for us...
(05-04-2023, 10:02 AM)FCSPY Wrote: HAHA, so sensitive you boys. I am a Haddix fan. Simmer down. We do our best to get anyone we can! Just does not seem to work as effectively for us...
Well lets think about it.. If you were a good player where would you go? Boyle has been to the Title Game 5/6 years and won 4 of them. Meanwhile upgrading their facilities (New Turf Field with No softball field), and have Power 5 coaches rolling thru the hallways on the regular. Boyle recruits itself. Not the other way around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ned Gremlin's post:
  • HighViz
Just saw on twitter that it looks like 4 of Danville's basketball players have also transferred out of Danville. Looks like this is definitely more than just a football issue.
The Danville basketball players left for Football purposes only. Demauriah Brown and Josh Bixler. The other kid is Owen Barnes which has been to every school in the District. He went to Mercer County. Total of 3 kids transferred. 2 because of Football. It's definitely just a football issue.
(05-30-2023, 02:56 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The Danville basketball players left for Football purposes only. Demauriah Brown and Josh Bixler. The other kid is Owen Barnes which has been to every school in the District. He went to Mercer County. Total of 3 kids transferred. 2 because of Football. It's definitely just a football issue.

You sure about that......basketball coach just resigned today..............
Very serious question here. Is Danville going to be able to field a competitive team with all the departures?  In my thoughts it might be best for Danville to take a break from playing BC in football. Maybe not but it might be a needed change for now.