Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frank Parks New Danville Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Frank Parks, the coach at Berea for the past two seasons, will be the new football coach at Danville. He is being introduced to the players now.

https://twitter.com/Advocate_Sports/stat...4953778176
Oddly enough, this was reported on social media weeks ago. Almost like it was predetermined and their "search" was a lie.
Hmmmmm.
Reminds me of a famous Ron White quote.

(12-09-2022, 05:37 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly enough, this was reported on social media weeks ago. Almost like it was predetermined and their "search" was a lie.
I was told Parks from a player's parent the day Peach resigned.  Had no clue who that was.
The drums beat can be heard at Boyle County Highschool
(12-09-2022, 05:51 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]The drums beat can be heard at Boyle County Highschool

Thats exactly what I was thinking...  Smile
Not that they needed it, but the 3 time defending state champion Boyle county rebels just got a lot better.

Haddix has his people on it …..
Good Luck to Coach Parks. Tough situation but he’s been there before. He will work hard and try to keep discipline. Hope he does well.
(12-09-2022, 05:37 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly enough, this was reported on social media weeks ago. Almost like it was predetermined and their "search" was a lie.

A rigged hiring system?  What kind of school would ever entertain such a thing?

(12-09-2022, 07:06 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]Not that they needed it, but the 3 time defending state champion Boyle county rebels just got a lot better.

Haddix has his people on it …..

You mean his Corbin peeps ???    Wink
Danville’s administration really dropped the ball on this hire, IMO the program was set back 10 years when they pushed Clevenger out and hired the next coach and I believe it was pushed back another 10 years today with this hire, if I were Coach Haddix I’d end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore and why play teams thru the regular season that don’t make your team better as result of the competition, I would guess that there will be transfers after the hire they made today.
I will say this Boyle is going to have a lot of talent coming back next year I expect them to be as good as they were this year if not better next year
(12-09-2022, 10:43 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Danville’s administration really dropped the ball on this hire, IMO the program was set back 10 years when they pushed Clevenger out and hired the next coach and I believe it was pushed back another 10 years today with this hire, if I were Coach Haddix I’d end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore and why play teams thru the regular season that don’t make your team better as result of the competition, I would guess that there will be transfers after the hire they made today.

Three transfers for sure and another coming soon.

I can't believe how badly Danville screwed this up. They were gifted an opportunity to undo all wrongs and fix things in their program and community and they simply blew it. Pathetic. It'll be years before Danville wins anything again. Boyle should cancel the series effective immediately.

(12-09-2022, 10:47 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this Boyle is going to have a lot of talent coming back next year I expect them to be as good as they were this year if not better next year

They will have a new player or two from Danville to fill in their biggest hole. Boyle County will be even better next season.
Can you name any names or at least say what Position this is

(12-10-2022, 12:21 AM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Can you name any names or at least say  what Position this is

I have heard of maybe 1 RB Can't figure out the other 2
(12-10-2022, 12:21 AM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Can you name any names or at least say  what Position this is

I have heard of maybe 1 RB Can't figure out the other 2
Frank………….is that you ??????
(12-09-2022, 10:43 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Danville’s administration really dropped the ball on this hire, IMO the program was set back 10 years when they pushed Clevenger out and hired the next coach and I believe it was pushed back another 10 years today with this hire, if I were Coach Haddix I’d end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore and why play teams thru the regular season that don’t make your team better as result of the competition, I would guess that there will be transfers after the hire they made today.

I agree Jack.  No real reason to play anymore.  Nothing to gain.  Gate won't be much.  Play somebody better and make your team better.
This one is a head scratcher
No offense to Parks but I find it hard to believe that no one better qualified applied for this job. I hope he does great KY high school football is better when Danville is strong. I am just very skeptical. 
Berea was 4-7  each of the past 2 years I think in a very weak 1a district. 
I don't see how the parents and players as well as the community can get behind this hire. 

Boyle just got even stronger.

Does anyone know of anyone else who applied for this job?

I heard Larry French but don't know if that's true or not.

Did Clevinger apply?

Where was Parks before Berea?

What are his ties to Danville?

Out of the candidate pool who would you have hired instead?

For the same reason Danville didn't quit playing Boyle from 1985 to 1993 when there was never a close game.  You can't stop playing a rivalry that's been going on since 1965 with only 2 COVID years interrupting it.

(12-10-2022, 10:34 AM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]

You're not asking me but that's never stopped me before.   Smile

I would have rehired Clevenger.  Given him what he wanted and any support to re-right the ship.
I would like to know who else put in for the job as well. I know the administration appears to be brain dead but Danville is still Danville.
Parks Named New Football Coach at Danville

From the article:

Danville principal Chad Luhman assembled a committee made up of people from both inside and outside the school system to find a replacement. He said a pool of 15 to 20 applicants was whittled to six finalists who were interviewed.
“Coach Parks just jumped off the page at us immediately,” Luhman said. “He had a lot of experiences, that would translate well to our program

“He just kept impressing us with his interviews and the experiences he had and the things that he had developed. His entry plan and the weightlifting (plan) was very exciting. (He impressed us) not only as a head football coach, but getting kids into college (and being) successful with student-athletes taking the next step.”

Luhman was the athletic director at Bryan Station when Parks was hired there in 2012. He said he was transparent about their working relationship from the beginning of the hiring process at Danville, and he said members of the hiring committee did their own fact-finding when it came to checking references and gathering information on Parks and the other finalists.

“I really did a lot of listening to the committee,” Luhman said.

Clevenger
(12-10-2022, 11:20 AM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]

For the same reason Danville didn't quit playing Boyle from 1985 to 1993 when there was never a close game.  You can't stop playing a rivalry that's been going on since 1965 with only 2 COVID years interrupting it.

You're not asking me but that's never stopped me before.   Smile

I would have rehired Clevenger.  Given him what he wanted and any support to re-right the ship.
I agree.  Was told today that Clevenger didn't get a interview because the Principal threw his application in the trash.  I hope he gets the Somerset job and shoves it in their face every year.
Is it confirmed Clevenger applied and was denied?
I find it interesting that most on here want to hire a guy who got fired from the same job.
(12-10-2022, 01:09 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]I find it interesting that most on here want to hire a guy who got fired from the same job.

We watched him get railroaded right out of the job. Of course we all want him back.

(12-10-2022, 01:05 PM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]Is it confirmed Clevenger applied and was denied?

He says that he did. I wasn’t sitting at his side when he submitted the application. I take him at his word.
Coach Parks is friends with many of the teachers and administrators at Danville. Plain and simple. Bryan Station got worse each year he was there, and Berea is Berea and should end football. He was liked at Berea and should have stayed there. IMO he won’t last long at Danville (but probably nobody will for some time).
(12-10-2022, 01:39 PM)FarristownFlyer Wrote: [ -> ]Coach Parks is friends with many of the teachers and administrators at Danville. Plain and simple. Bryan Station got worse each year he was there, and Berea is Berea and should end football. He was liked at Berea and should have stayed there. IMO he won’t last long at Danville (but probably nobody will for some time).

Take issue with one thing you said, why should they end football? Any program can be built up with the right staff and school administration backing it, especially a single A program.
(12-10-2022, 11:20 AM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]

You're not asking me but that's never stopped me before.   :)

That’s just it Hatz it’s not a rivalry anymore and hasn’t been for sometime, Lexington Catholic replaced Danville as Boyle’s biggest rival several years ago and that’s how most Boyle fans see it these days.

I haven’t seen the list of candidates for the job but if Clay Clevenger applied for the job then I would have hired him, rumor has it that Clevenger is the coach that the Danville community wanted back, this hire will probably wind up seeing Parks fired and the principal along with him.
Pretty sure Frank Parks was the checker at a Piggly Wiggly a few years ago.
Forgive me for being out of the loop for a while, but could someone update me on the transfer rules? it used to be that players who had started playing at a school in the 9th grade, without a bonafide change of address, had to sit out a year when they transferred to another school.
Pages: 1 2 3