•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-03-2022, 01:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:04 AM)STIFFY Wrote: Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

And I by no means am a Corbin fan

We will get into some of Tom E.'s decisions later.   Justin outcoached him... CLEARLY!!!
I missed what he specifically done wrong please specify for the non knowing folks in the world. Seems like the hate was their prior to the past two season finales.
Congratulations Boyle County and Coach Haddix. and congratulations Corbin on another great year.

Haddix first year at Boyle County. Re-building year. State Championship.
Haddix second year re-building year. State Championship.
Haddix third year, another re-building year. Yep another State Championship.

Signing off back on the road!!!!
[-] The following 6 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gold River, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Playcaller66, Rebel55
(12-03-2022, 01:18 AM)64SUR Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County and Coach Haddix. and congratulations on another great year.

Haddix first year at Boyle County. Re-building year. State Championship.
Haddix second year re-building year. State Championship.
Haddix third year, another re-building year. Yep another State Championship.

Signing off back on the road!!!!
Goin out on a limb and gonna guess next there will possibly be some rebuilding..maybe another rebuilding year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • 64SUR
No crow served tonight, Rebel55 lives on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Candyman21's post:
  • Hatz
I don’t want to talk bad about kids in any way shape or form, but have we considered the kids from Boyle to be a little different from Corbin as far as work ethic, will, etc? Haddix couldn’t win at Corbin either. Got beat by Boyle and from my personal belief an inferior central team also. Maybe things need to change further internally than the coaches to get over the hump. Look, I’m a Franklin county fan so I don’t have much room to talk but I’m just throwing out observations. I don’t know the answer obviously. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • jax
Paging @Waitaminute  I’m here just like I said I would be.  You still bringing the crow?
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
(12-03-2022, 01:24 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Paging @Waitaminute  I’m here just like I said I would be.  You still bringing the crow?
Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • 64SUR
(12-03-2022, 01:10 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: I think we can all pick and choose different things to say that went wrong, but Ziesmer for boyle made the difference. He would not allow boyle to lose that game. I have to say one of the greatest non skill player performance in a state game i have seen.

Ps young elam makes old elam look good on the sideline, bad play calling overall but a killer performance by him and especially combs, very impressive on a bum ankle. I still ride with greer but a QB sweep 5 times for short yardage isn’t the answer.

(12-03-2022, 01:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:04 AM)STIFFY Wrote: Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

And I by no means am a Corbin fan

We will get into some of Tom E.'s decisions later.   Justin outcoached him... CLEARLY!!!
I don’t think there was a blatant outcoaching on his part. Boyle was evenly matched up front and maybe better at some skill positions and it was a knockout fight til the end but i don’t think he has much say in what elam calls. QB sweeps aren’t the answer unless you got a guy like combs back there. Young elam is a player and a heck of a kid but his dads puts him in tough situations and he plays his way out of it.

Some of the play calls were definitely suspect.  Kicking to Quisenberry all night is a fireable offense, especially when you have a kicker that can kick it over anyone's head.
(12-03-2022, 01:23 AM)16 special Wrote: I don’t want to talk bad about kids in any way shape or form, but have we considered the kids from Boyle to be a little different from Corbin as far as work ethic, will, etc? Haddix couldn’t win at Corbin either. Got beat by Boyle and from my personal belief an inferior central team also. Maybe things need to change further internally than the coaches to get over the hump. Look, I’m a Franklin county fan so I don’t have much room to talk but I’m just throwing out observations. I don’t know the answer obviously. Lol
I think one small change that could have made a difference for Corbin the last few years is playing your athletes both ways. Everyone else does it. Boyle did it tonight. You're not winning a state championship with the corner backs Corbin fielded tonight. Last year they played seth huff one way. The biggest, strongest, best athlete on the field for every game he played and he played one way. I don't get it.
(12-03-2022, 01:30 AM)HOFER Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:23 AM)16 special Wrote: I don’t want to talk bad about kids in any way shape or form, but have we considered the kids from Boyle to be a little different from Corbin as far as work ethic, will, etc? Haddix couldn’t win at Corbin either. Got beat by Boyle and from my personal belief an inferior central team also. Maybe things need to change further internally than the coaches to get over the hump. Look, I’m a Franklin county fan so I don’t have much room to talk but I’m just throwing out observations. I don’t know the answer obviously. Lol
I think one small change that could have made a difference for Corbin the last few years is playing your athletes both ways. Everyone else does it. Boyle did it tonight. You're not winning a state championship with the corner backs Corbin fielded tonight. Last year they played seth huff one way. The biggest, strongest, best athlete on the field for every game he played and he played one way. I don't get it.

It's the Corbin way. Always has been. You don't change the Corbin Way. That's why you go forty years without one single title.
These old fools that make up the good ol' boy contingent are not exactly progressive in their thinking. Justin was, hence he was kicked to the curb.
(12-03-2022, 12:40 AM)16 special Wrote: Best player from each of the championship teams in the last 3 years have been from a different county than Boyle county. Congrats all the same.
Who were they, which county were they from, and when did they move to Boyle Co. You need to give specifics to back up that claim
(12-03-2022, 12:40 AM)Spud6 Wrote: As someone that doesn’t know Corbin or Boyle, I’m just a feller from Floyd County

Didn’t they get rid of Haddix because they said he couldn’t win the big game?
We sure did and it will haunt us for a long time.
Would Tom E. have had the balls to go for it on 4th and 1 in his own territory late in the game ? Rhetorical question, of course.

Before it's all said and done, Justin will go down as one of the best to ever coach KY HS football.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR, Playcaller66
I think they need to hurry and put the for sale signs up again. Paint them chrome. From the very beginning I knew what Tommy, Cox, Jewell, Darryl, and Steve Hart was doing. They got what they wanted. So there you go. There are 5 for sale signs to add to mills.

I will Never let you Live it down. EVER. Don’t blame the kids. The Kids were good enuf!
They were out coached when it mattered.
[-] The following 4 users Like HighViz's post:
  • 64SUR, HOFER, Old School Hound, Playcaller66
Heard hometown bank and the liquor store planned on putting a new video scoreboard up for the Rebs next year.

Looked like a great atmosphere from the stream. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought battle.  Someone claimed it would be a chess match.  Haddix- checkmate
I am just glad the Corbin homers finally realize who the best team is. Corbin players played their tails off but their coaches were out coached.
[-] The following 2 users Like RunninReb's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Plan2play
(12-03-2022, 01:55 AM)HighViz Wrote: I think they need to hurry and put the for sale signs up again. Paint them chrome.  From the very beginning I knew what Tommy, Cox, Jewell, Darryl, and Steve Hart was doing.  They got what they wanted. So there you go. There are 5 for sale signs to add to mills. 

I will Never let you Live it down.  EVER. Don’t blame the kids. The Kids were good enuf!

Thank you for speaking up. You obviously know the main players(villains).  Justin wanted his kids to have their shiny helmets. These five  fools said no.  Justin wanted his kids to enjoy their boom boxes. These five fools said no. Justin wanted a measley few dollars to hire a defensive coordinator. These five fools said no. Told him to get his ass out in the heat of summer and go mow the football field. Even after being lied to and being given nothing but empty promises, Justin tried one last time to stay at Corbin. But these five fools said no. Cox slammed the door in his face. 

Dave Cox, Steve Jewell, Tommy Greer, Darryl and Steve Hart, you robbed this group of kids of at least two state titles. Dave Cox, take that "Straight A" report card that you got from the school board puppets and shine it up real nice, then turn that sum beech sideways and stick it ... Oh, and if anyone thinks Paul Taylor is gonna make any difference on the school board, you have no clue. He will fit in perfectly , as he is another "good ol' boy."

Those who don't live in this community don't know these people like I do, or like Bull does , or like High Viz does. They are crooked, self-absorbed narcissists, who don't like "outsiders" like Justin Haddix taking their spotlight. Well, ol' boys, you got what you deserved, THREE TIMES OVER!!!!

The cycle of good ol' boy politics continues in Corbin , as does the state championship drought.  Maybe the drought will end in , say, 2062!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Playcaller66
(12-03-2022, 02:13 AM)RunninReb Wrote: I am just glad the Corbin homers finally realize who the best team is. Corbin players played their tails off but their coaches were out coached.
When will people learn to stop picking against the rebels?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ned Gremlin's post:
  • toolaidback
(12-03-2022, 01:39 AM)know1 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 12:40 AM)16 special Wrote: Best player from each of the championship teams in the last 3 years have been from a different county than Boyle county. Congrats all the same.
Who were they, which county were they from, and when did they move to Boyle Co. You need to give specifics to back up that claim
Qb from last 2 years was from Anderson county. Quisenberry this year is from garrard county
Anyone know the attendance?  

Looked like Corbin had 3:1 more people.
Congrats to Corbin on a Great season, the Corbin kids have nothing to hang their heads about they played a great game.

Congrats to Boyle County on winning their 11th State Championship!!!

Bedtime
[-] The following 3 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hatz
I was really impressed by Corbin. They were much better than I thought they would be. I don't think they were out coached. They need to be better defensively, but the difference in this game was talent. Quisenberry was unstoppable at times, Zeismer was a BEAST and the MVP, and Dawson and Bodner had great games. The players for Boyle made a few more plays when they needed to. That was the difference.

And that TD run by Zeismer was amazing.
[-] The following 3 users Like know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rebel55, Van Hagar
(12-03-2022, 02:19 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Anyone know the attendance?  

Looked like Corbin had 3:1 more people.

Was Dave Cox there, or in hiding?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • The Outsider
This is a real question. Don’t take offense. Would the people of Corbin prefer the kids they bring up in their system be state champions or functioning members of society. What I have experienced from the kids at Corbin the last 2 years weren’t normal high schoolers. They are good kids. They will succeed in life. A lot of people need to realize this game ends. Life for these kids go on. They are some of the most humble, well mannered kids I have witnessed.
[-] The following 3 users Like 16 special's post:
  • Glory_Days, Gold River, Jack Lambert
(12-03-2022, 02:22 AM)know1 Wrote: I was really impressed by Corbin. They were much better than I thought they would be. I don't think they were out coached. They need to be better defensively, but the difference in this game was talent. Quisenberry was unstoppable at times, Zeismer was a BEAST and the MVP, and Dawson and Bodner had great games. The players for Boyle made a few more plays when they needed to. That was the difference.

And that TD run by Zeismer was amazing.

Corbin's defense the last few years (against really quality teams ) has been suspect , at best, esspecially in allowing big plays .  Haddix wanted a few thousand bucks to hire a DC but the bossman said no. Also, like someone else mentioned, why not play your best athletes on both sides of the ball? Most other good teams do it.
Congratulations to Boyle County and legendary coach Haddix, I think 3 in a row qualifies him for the title of Legendary status. Coach Haddix is one of the most competitive people I have ever known and I have followed him since he was a high school qb at Breathitt County. Corbin kids played their hearts out but in the end it was a 4th and 1 call late in the game by coach Haddix that exemplifies what leaderships is, as my old high school coach always said lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.
(12-03-2022, 02:18 AM)16 special Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:39 AM)know1 Wrote:
Qb from last 2 years was from Anderson county. Quisenberry this year is from garrard county
Also, Dawson played for Danville.
(12-03-2022, 02:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:55 AM)HighViz Wrote: I think they need to hurry and put the for sale signs up again. Paint them chrome.  From the very beginning I knew what Tommy, Cox, Jewell, Darryl, and Steve Hart was doing.  They got what they wanted. So there you go. There are 5 for sale signs to add to mills. 

I will Never let you Live it down.  EVER. Don’t blame the kids. The Kids were good enuf!

Thank you for speaking up. You obviously know the main players(villains).  Justin wanted his kids to have their shiny helmets. These five  fools said no.  Justin wanted his kids to enjoy their boom boxes. These five fools said no. Justin wanted a measley few dollars to hire a defensive coordinator. These five fools said no. Told him to get his ass out in the heat of summer and go mow the football field. Even after being lied to and being given nothing but empty promises, Justin tried one last time to stay at Corbin. But these five fools said no. Cox slammed the door in his face. 

Dave Cox, Steve Jewell, Tommy Greer, Darryl and Steve Hart, you robbed this group of kids of at least two state titles. Dave Cox, take that "Straight A" report card that you got from the school board puppets and shine it up real nice, then turn that sum beech sideways and stick it ... Oh, and if anyone thinks Paul Taylor is gonna make any difference on the school board, you have no clue. He will fit in perfectly , as he is another "good ol' boy."

Those who don't live in this community don't know these people like I do, or like Bull does , or like High Viz does. They are crooked, self-absorbed narcissists, who don't like "outsiders" like Justin Haddix taking their spotlight. Well, ol' boys, you got what you deserved, THREE TIMES OVER!!!!

The cycle of good ol' boy politics continues in Corbin , as does the state championship drought.  Maybe the drought will end in , say, 2062!!!
I think a point that gets overlooked is, after the process of letting well qualified coaches apply for a job while already knowing you were going to give the job to a "good ole boy", how do you get a well qualified coach or an up and coming coach to apply for the job when it opens up? Its common knowledge how Coach James was treated when he applied for the Corbin job. If I'm established at another school, I'm not using up all my goodwill by applying for a job in a system that is rigged knowing I won't get a fair shot.
(12-03-2022, 02:29 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I think a point that gets overlooked is, after the process of letting well qualified coaches apply for a job while already knowing you were going to give the job to a "good ole boy", how do you get a well qualified coach or an up and coming coach to apply for the job when it opens up? Its common knowledge how Coach James was treated when he applied for the Corbin job. If I'm established at another school, I'm not using up all my goodwill by applying for a job in a system that is rigged knowing I won't get a fair shot.

It's a fair point. Cox and Company screwed over James and had the system rigged for Greer.  If I didn't hurt so bad for these kids who worked so hard and played through Greer's toxic environment to get this far, I would be so happy that Haddix broke off another one in Cox's ass.
(12-03-2022, 02:13 AM)RunninReb Wrote: I am just glad the Corbin homers finally realize who the best team is. Corbin players played their tails off but their coaches were out coached.
Coaching wasn't what won or lost this game. What could the Corbin coaches have done to stop Quisenberry or Zeismer? Talent won this game.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Hatz, jax
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next