Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSR Top 25 +3 Rankings 10/24
(10-26-2022, 10:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I think if my life depended on correctly predicting the outcome of a Corbin -Pikeville rematch, I would probably go with Pikeville if the game was there, Corbin  if the game was here, and if it was at a neutral site, I would defer to the class snob, Hoot.  Smile

Perfect!
(10-26-2022, 10:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Pikeville would have to call the fire department to put out the flames on Kid Elams arm lol.
Love Kid Elam and best nickname on BGR thanks to you haha. But check Kid Duty on Pikeville videos and check his stats. Better completion % and TD to INT ratio. And since he became starting QB Pikeville 7-0 and has completely demolished everybody including Paintsville Belfry Hazard LCA Madison Central 
Plus Pikeville’s defense is now as good as anyone anywhere 

If Corbin had to come to Pikeville they would send their fire department to water the Field around 3:30 am on game day lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
Elam and Duty are stars. Can’t imagine very many QBs ahead of them in their class statewide
  • Hound05
(10-26-2022, 10:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 10:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Pikeville would have to call the fire department to put out the flames on Kid Elams arm lol.
Love Kid Elam and best nickname on BGR thanks to you haha. But check Kid Duty on Pikeville videos and check his stats. Better completion % and TD to INT ratio. And since he became starting QB Pikeville 7-0 and has completely demolished everybody including Paintsville Belfry Hazard LCA Madison Central 

If Corbin had to come to Pikeville they would send their fire department to water the Field around 3:30 am on game day lol
Now Jet I love ya to death and I know we are just messing around with this matchup but don’t even start talking pikeville stats haha. They still recording tackles on us in this hypothetical matchup were busting each other over hahah. Pikeville would
probably be the favorite at Pikeville and vice versa. But now If they bring that defense that was on the stat sheet at Corbin. We’d act like a whooped dog?

You know I honestly didn’t know until looking at him on a video. Kid Elam looks like a kid!!. He’s got that baby face and I don’t mean that in a bad way. Just looks really young for his age. If he reads this he’ll thank me in 30 years if the trend continues.
Duty is a kid too lol. But has a great arm. Threw a 1 hitter in 15th all A regional as a freshman while Pikeville went on to win All-A state championship beating top 5 Beechwood in the finals. He gave up one earned run beating Russell Co (state runner up in all classes) at Corbin after Pikeville beat Corbin the same day in a devastating rebuke of Hoot’s class snobbery. Kid is a great athlete and we will be hearing about him and Kid Elam this year and next two
Duty is listed as 6’6 don’t know if that’s accurate but great athlete who is just getting started like Elam
  • Bull got out!
(10-26-2022, 11:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Duty is a kid too lol. But has a great arm. Threw a 1 hitter in 15th all A regional as a freshman while Pikeville went on to win All-A state championship beating top 5 Beechwood in the finals. He gave up one earned run beating Russell Co (state runner up in all classes) at Corbin after Pikeville beat Corbin the same day in a devastating rebuke of Hoot’s class snobbery. Kid is a great athlete and we will be hearing about him and Kid Elam this year and next two
Duty is listed as 6’6 don’t know if that’s accurate but great athlete who is just getting started like Elam

Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot

Pikeville is 0-2 against the really good teams on their schedule. You keep listing the supposedly great teams that Pikeville has blown out but the truth is Pikeville has beaten bad teams, and teams that are rebuilding after having strong seasons a year ago. No, Pikeville's defense is not as good as anyone anywhere. Get a grip, man.  Big Grin
(10-26-2022, 11:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Duty is listed as 6’6 don’t know if that’s accurate but great athlete who is just getting started like Elam
He also had 22 solo tackles and 48 assisted, and 12 TFL. 6’6 seems about right. Hahah. I’m just busting your chops. He’s one heck of an athlete. If he maintains a supporting cast aroind him he’ll do big things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-27-2022, 07:31 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Pikeville is 0-2 against the really good teams on their schedule. You keep listing the supposedly great teams that Pikeville has blown out but the truth is Pikeville has beaten bad teams, and teams that are rebuilding after having strong seasons a year ago. No, Pikeville's defense is not as good as anyone anywhere. Get a grip, man.  Big Grin

That was August, different QB and no offensive scheme yet. November looks much different than August for you football newbies.
And Pikeville defense is lights out now. You aren’t taking JC being down the list of top mountain teams very well at all. BTW, Hazard beat that LCC team JC squeaked by at home before Pikeville 1st team beat Hazard 52-0 in 3 quarters last Friday. Just for a little context lol clock ran almost all of 3rd quarter too
(10-27-2022, 12:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: And Pikeville defense is lights out now. You aren’t taking JC being down the list of top mountain teams very well at all. BTW, Hazard beat that LCC team JC squeaked by at home before Pikeville 1st team beat Hazard 52-0 in 3 quarters last Friday. Just for a little context lol clock ran almost all of 3rd quarter too

Dang! I can't wait to see them on Kroger Field! I'll be there!
(10-27-2022, 12:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: And Pikeville defense is lights out now. You aren’t taking JC being down the list of top mountain teams very well at all. BTW, Hazard beat that LCC team JC squeaked by at home before Pikeville 1st team beat Hazard 52-0 in 3 quarters last Friday. Just for a little context lol clock ran almost all of 3rd quarter too
Is this what the kids call a mic drop moment?

Big Grin 

I'm just teasing
It's curious that Pikeville appears nowhere in the top 50 list of team rushing defense or rushing offense for all classes. One would expect that a lights out defense would have made one of those lists. I will agree with you that Pikeville's offense looked awful against Corbin and Covington Catholic. It would look awful against Johnson Central as well. Corbin shutdown Birchfield and Johnson Central would do the same. The competition has not sat on its thumbs while Pikeville morphed from a bad offensive team into a team of alleged giant-killers. Pikeville has a great 1A team that will likely win another state title. That is speculation on my part, but it is not wild speculation, which is deluding yourself into believing that Pikeville is ready to take on Trinity and St. X.
(10-27-2022, 12:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 07:31 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

That was August, different QB and no offensive scheme yet. November looks much different than August for you football newbies.
Pikeville is 0-2 against the two good teams that they have played. They are 7-0 against bad teams and rebuilding teams that are having down seasons. Those games in August count, except for the scrimmages that preceded them.
Again, offense was not in place until Duty made starter and full time. Pikeville would roll JC
(10-27-2022, 12:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
It's curious that Pikeville appears nowhere in the top 50 list of team rushing defense or rushing offense for all classes. One would expect that a lights out defense would have made one of those lists. I will agree with you that Pikeville's offense looked awful against Corbin and Covington Catholic. It would look awful against Johnson Central as well. Corbin shutdown Birchfield and Johnson Central would do the same. The competition has not sat on its thumbs while Pikeville morphed from a bad offensive team into a team of alleged giant-killers. Pikeville has a great 1A team that will likely win another state title. That is speculation on my part, but it is not wild speculation, which is deluding yourself into believing that Pikeville is ready to take on Trinity and St. X.

Hoot drops a mic of his own !!!  This  is getting interesting.  

Next, I look for Hoot to delve into a dissertation of Baye's Theorem to explain large schools' advantage over elite 1A schools.   Jet, in the meantime,  will cuddle with Calpreps  and watch "Hoosiers" for the 50th time .   LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, TheStickyBandit
(10-27-2022, 01:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Again, offense was not in place until Duty made starter and full time. Pikeville would roll JC
Well, then JC would be in good company with Trinity and St. X being teams that Pikeville would hypothetically beat in hypothetical games that will never be played.  Smile
I would like to see a pikeville and JC matchup. As it stands I’d give pikeville the edge this year. Just going off of results and the fact that pikeville has a pretty decent defense. But it comes down to the ability to pass. Why don’t they make that a scheduled game? Not far apart.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(10-27-2022, 01:33 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I would like to see a pikeville and JC matchup. As it stands I’d give pikeville the edge this year.  Just going off of results and the fact that pikeville has a pretty decent defense. But it comes down to the ability to pass. Why don’t they make that a scheduled game? Not far apart.
Because in most years, JC would win the game easily and not gain much from the experience. I suggest Corbin make it an annual game.
(10-27-2022, 01:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 12:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Hoot drops a mic of his own !!!  This  is getting interesting.  

Next, I look for Hoot to delve into a dissertation of Baye's Theorem to explain large schools' advantage over elite 1A schools.   Jet, in the meantime,  will cuddle with Calpreps  and watch "Hoosiers" for the 50th time .   LOL
Big Grin Big Grin