Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KSR Top 25 +3 Rankings 10/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 312754124_5972788909421139_7991970284954...e=635B27C1]
1. St. Xavier (8-1): Defeated PRP 50-14 – Seven different players scored touchdowns for the Tigers.
2. Frederick Douglass (9-0): Defeated Montgomery County 58-13 – TJ Horton rushed for two scores.
3. Corbin (9-0): Defeated Wayne County 38-0 – The Redhounds posted their third straight shutout.
4. Christian Academy-Louisville (9-0): Defeated Western Hills 62-0 – Seven different players scored touchdowns.
5. DuPont Manual (8-1): Defeated Butler 23-14 – Miles Rhodes forced and recovered two fumbles, returning one for a touchdown.
6. Lexington Catholic (8-1): Defeated Anderson County 63-8 – Jackson Wasik passed for seven touchdowns. Max DeGraff caught six passes for 193 yards, including four touchdowns.
7. Boyle County (8-1): Defeated Bourbon County 55-12 – Montavin Quisenberry had punt return, kickoff return, receiving, and rushing touchdowns.
8. Woodford County (9-0): Defeated East Jessamine 48-7 – Makhi Smith scored multiple touchdowns, including one late in the first half to trigger a running clock.
9. Bowling Green (8-1): Defeated Christian County 50-7 – Trevy Barber scored three touchdowns, including a kickoff return score. Deuce Bailey tossed three touchdown passes.
10. Southwestern (9-0): Defeated Pulaski County 31-20 – Tanner Wright rushed for 217 yards and three touchdowns.
11. Pikeville (7-2)
12. Scott County (8-1)
13. Henderson County (7-1)
14. Mayfield (9-0)
15. Ballard (7-2)
16. Highlands (7-2)
17. Covington Catholic (7-2)
18. Bardstown (9-0)
19. Trinity (5-4)
20. Bullitt East (8-1)
21. Bryan Station (6-3)
22. Beechwood (8-1)
23. Pulaski County (8-2)
24. Union County (9-0)
25. Male (5-4)
26. Spencer County (8-1)
27. Johnson Central (7-2)
28. Raceland (8-1)
Trinity fell to 19 and Hoot probably is going to blow a gasket haha
(10-24-2022, 04:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Trinity fell to 19 and Hoot probably is going to blow a gasket haha

Smile
No Simon Kenton? They gave the win to Corbin! SK could beat over 15 of them teams!
(10-24-2022, 05:16 PM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]No Simon Kenton? They gave the win to Corbin! SK could beat over 15 of them teams!

Im going to disagree with Simon Kenton giving the win to Corbin...I watched it, Simon Kenton had there chances but they or anyone aint going to give anyone anthing....I would like to see 100 games between the two teams and I'll be honest Simon Kenton was at home....No excuses, they lost..Corbin won. I will agree with you though, Simon Kenton needs to be in this poll, they are a very good football team!
(10-24-2022, 04:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Trinity fell to 19 and Hoot probably is going to blow a gasket haha

What was the term you coined---"class snob"  ?         LOL
You've got a bad case of big school envy, JP. I am starting to think that you actually believe Pikeville could take Trinity.
I was joking Hoot but Pikeville could beat most of the teams in all classes this year.
If I remember correctly SK scored 1 touchdown in the second half ,believe Corbin scored 3 times.
(10-24-2022, 07:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I was joking Hoot but Pikeville could beat most of the teams in all classes this year.
So could Johnson Central, but that is true every year. There are some very bad teams with very bad coaches in every class and they outnumber the well-coached good teams.

Paintsville leads Johnson Central in their all-time series by a wide margin but that was the result of better coaching. Johnson Central did not suddenly begin enrolling better athletes, they just stopped playing politics with their football program because they got tired of losing to a much smaller 1A school more often than they won. As long as Johnson Central is well coached, I doubt that Paintsville would be win 1 in 10 games with Johnson Central. Johnson County's middle school has always dominated Paintsville in football, even when Paintsville was still winning most of the games at the high school level.
(10-24-2022, 08:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 07:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I was joking Hoot but Pikeville could beat most of the teams in all classes this year.
So could Johnson Central, but that is true every year. There are some very bad teams with very bad coaches in every class and they outnumber the well-coached good teams.

Paintsville leads Johnson Central in their all-time series by a wide margin but that was the result of better coaching. Johnson Central did not suddenly begin enrolling better athletes, they just stopped playing politics with their football program because they got tired of losing to a much smaller 1A school more often than they won. As long as Johnson Central is well coached, I doubt that Paintsville would be win 1 in 10 games with Johnson Central. Johnson County's middle school has always dominated Paintsville in football, even when Paintsville was still winning most of the games at the high school level.

Yes but Pikeville can beat most of the very good teams with very good coaches in all classes this year too.
(10-24-2022, 08:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes but Pikeville can beat most of the very good teams with very good coaches in all classes this year too.

Pikeville played the Number #3 team in the state according to these rankings.....Just saying.... Smile

We should just agree to disagree. Pikeville's schedule is not going to afford the Panthers the chance to prove your case and unless Pikeville struggles against some 1A team in the playoffs, which seems unlikely, I won't be able to tell you that I told you so either.
(10-24-2022, 09:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Pikeville played the Number #3 team in the state according to these rankings.....Just saying.... Smile
They sure did and if Corbin in #3 right now then Pikeville is either #2 or #4 right now lol
They sure are, I’m still stunned over that Madison Central beat down.  Smile
(10-24-2022, 09:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

We should just agree to disagree. Pikeville's schedule is not going to afford the Panthers the chance to prove your case and unless Pikeville struggles against some 1A team in the playoffs, which seems unlikely, I won't be able to tell you that I told you so either.
We do disagree lol...Since installing a full-time QB Pikeville is 7-0 with 6 running clocks and a 35 point win against mostly highly ranked teams. They are ranked above all but a small handful of teams in all the polls. Only a very few people who view football teams through the lens of how many students their school has don't understand that great small school teams can beat anyone on a given night and most teams on most nights.
(10-24-2022, 09:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]They sure are, I’m still stunned over that Madison Central beat down.  Smile

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Pikeville (KY) 27, [2022] Corbin (KY) 26

(10-24-2022, 09:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

We do disagree lol...Since installing a full-time QB Pikeville is 7-0 with 6 running clocks and a 35 point win against mostly highly ranked teams. They are ranked above all but a small handful of teams in all the polls. Only a very few people who view football teams through the lens of how many students their school has don't understand that great small school teams can beat anyone on a given night and most teams on most nights.
Most people intuitively understand that a well coached football team drawing from a large pool of talent will almost always be better than a well coached football team drawing from a small pool of talent. Roster size does not compensate for a small pool of talent. Pikeville has played two good football teams that have maybe a 25 percent chance of winning a 4A or 5A state title and lost both of those games. Pikeville would have won its last 7 games, regardless of who had been the quarterback. Corbin and Covington Catholic have improved over the course of this season as much as Pikeville has.
(10-24-2022, 10:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 08:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]So could Johnson Central, but that is true every year. There are some very bad teams with very bad coaches in every class and they outnumber the well-coached good teams.

Most people intuitively understand that a well coached football team drawing from a large pool of talent will almost always be better than a well coached football team drawing from a small pool of talent. Roster size does not compensate for a small pool of talent. Pikeville has played two good football teams that have maybe a 25 percent chance of winning a 4A or 5A state title and lost both of those games. Pikeville would have won its last 7 games, regardless of who had been the quarterback. Corbin and Covington Catholic have improved over the course of this season as much as Pikeville has.
Sorry, but there will be a nice parting gift... Big Grin

I agree.  I think Corbin and Pikeville could whoop most teams in the state with the exception of maybe the one at the very top of 5A and a few at the very top of 6A.   Corbin and Pikeville are both really, really good football teams.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
(10-24-2022, 08:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]So could Johnson Central, but that is true every year. There are some very bad teams with very bad coaches in every class and they outnumber the well-coached good teams.

Hoot dishing out some more probability and class snobbery and Jet embracing RPI and Calprep like mother's milk and honey.  Big Grin Bottomline is Pikeville's a very good football team that will likely win another state title. Like Corbin, I think they could beat all but maybe one 5A team a a few top 6A's. I believe both are top 10 or top 15 teams, regardless of class.
(10-25-2022, 06:47 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022, 08:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but Pikeville can beat most of the very good teams with very good coaches in all classes this year too.

Hoot dishing out some more probability and class snobbery and Jet embracing RPI and Calprep like mother's milk and honeyBig Grin Bottomline is Pikeville's a very good football team that will likely win another state title. Like Corbin, I think they could beat all but maybe one 5A team a a few top 6A's. I believe both are top 10 or top 15 teams, regardless of class.

Smile.   Big Grin.
Haha I’m not in love with RPI. Just watch it to see where playoff games will be.
Not in love with Calpreps either, just found it to be way more reliable than humans.
A 1 point victory on a neutral field means you’d have better luck deciding the winner by calling miss Cleo and giving her your credit card info. Didn’t CalPreps say pikeville was gonna win the first game too? Either way, Im with ya jet. I think pikeville could beat a lot of teams in several classes, just not Corbin?
Pikeville would drill Corbin if they played at Pikeville this Friday.
(10-26-2022, 09:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville would drill Corbin if they played at Pikeville this Friday.

I don't know.  If Pikeville has improved a lot more than Corbin has improved since week one, I would agree with you. But Corbin is a much better team as well. I certainly think Pikeville would be a helluva challenge for Corbin over in Pikeville. Who would win?  I think either could.  I do believe that Corbin and Pikeville are the two best teams south of Lexington(not counting the team over in Danville). I give Corbin the nod because of the head to head meeting but I believe those two are better than 95% of the teams in the state.
(10-26-2022, 09:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville would drill Corbin if they played at Pikeville this Friday.

Pikeville doesn’t need a loss before the playoff run Jett.
Pikeville would have to call the fire department to put out the flames on Kid Elams arm lol.
I think if my life depended on correctly predicting the outcome of a Corbin -Pikeville rematch, I would probably go with Pikeville if the game was there, Corbin if the game was here, and if it was at a neutral site, I would defer to the class snob, Hoot. :)
Pages: 1 2