Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
84.00%
Lexington Catholic
16.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Lexington Catholic 10/07
(10-04-2022, 11:48 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 10:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 10:04 PM)Hatz Wrote: I went back and looked and since 2017 LC has played Boyle within 8 points only twice.
If you are referring to my statement, then you are cherry picking to make a point. I can see why you stopped counting at 2017. Two of the past three games have been decided by 8 points or less, but if you start counting at 2011 instead of 2022, Lexington Catholic won 8 games during that period. (Now I am cherry picking.) Go back further, and Boyle County won more than it lost but there have been quite a few very close games over the years. The series has not been so lopsided that it can't be considered a rivalry. I don't think many people expected a 6 point Boyle County win in the regular season last year or in 2020. I expected Boyle to win both games by a wide margin, as they did in last year's playoff game.

I don't know how LC is this year but when JC played a two game series with them a few years ago, they struck me as a finesse team and JC dominated the LOS and time of possession. Based on scores it seems like the new coach has placed more emphasis on defense. I have always had the impression that in most years, LC had great athletes but preferred winning shootouts over working hard on defense but I admit that I've never followed Lexington area football very closely.

My point wasn't to downplay the rivalry.  It's probably Boyle's #1 Rivalry for sometime now. 

I didn't think I was cherry picking by going back 5 years.  It's just that many talk about the "closeness" of the rivalry but there has really only been 2 close games in the last 9 played.  If we want to go back 5 more, to 2012 then LC Dominates the Series something like 5-1.  5 years before that I think it was something like 6-4 Boyle. 

Either way, it's a great rivalry and yet I just don't see a validation that LC always plays Boyle close.  At least not in the last 5 years.
I agree with you, Hatz. My point was that some of the games have been surprisingly close, when I expected that Boyle County would deliver a beatdown to LC. Last year's 16-10 score was one of those games. The beatdown came in the playoffs. I hope that Boyle County trounces LC in two games this season. I don't know if there is anyway that an 8-2 Johnson Central team could meet Boyle County in the finals but that will almost certainly not happen if Lexington Catholic upsets Boyle County this week.

I picked BC by one in this week's Pick 'em because I assume that almost everybody will pick BC by a big margin and I need some longshots to pay off to move up in the standing before it's too late. I have said all season that I am skeptical that Lexington Catholic is a top 3 team in 4A, but they will have plenty of chances to prove me wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz
This RIVALRY goes in cycles. My oldest son never lost a game to BC and my youngest never beat BC. I expect BC to win on Friday, but I also expect LC to turn the tables on BC starting in 2023.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Hatz
(10-04-2022, 09:50 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: This RIVALRY goes in cycles. My oldest son never lost a game to BC and my youngest never beat BC.  I expect BC to win on Friday, but I also expect LC to turn the tables on BC starting in 2023.
Boyle may not be in 4A in 2023.  Guess it comes down to what Coach Haddix and the Boyle administration decides. IMO Boyle will be playing 3A next season.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(10-04-2022, 09:50 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: This RIVALRY goes in cycles. My oldest son never lost a game to BC and my youngest never beat BC.  I expect BC to win on Friday, but I also expect LC to turn the tables on BC starting in 2023.

dawson, quisenberry, driver, bodner, etc. all returning next year… I’m not saying LC isn’t tough but Boyle will be solid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_Cats_Meow's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-04-2022, 10:21 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
Boyle may not be in 4A in 2023.  Guess it comes down to what Coach Haddix and the Boyle administration decides. IMO Boyle will be playing 3A next season.
That's a scary thought for the rest of 3a....
Friday can not get here quick enough! 48 hours and counting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR
I got a phone call earlier saying that Montavious Quisenberry received his first D-1 offer today from the University Of Louisville hope I spelled his name right.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Big Players...have big games when it's counts...........

Look for Tommy Ziesmer to live in the Knights backfilled.
Expect Hardwick to be pumped and make holes for Bodner and Driver. Boyle WILL run the ball.
Quisenberry will do what he does best. Avoiding tacklers.

Haddix may be new to the Lexington Catholic rivalry but the Assistant Coaches are not.

#TheRebelWay #Jabez! #leavenodoubt

47 1/2 hours!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
(10-02-2022, 11:59 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: Only team stopping Boyle this year is the Redhounds.
Only team stopping Boyle this year is Boyle.

Boyle County wins 35-20
(10-06-2022, 05:57 PM)TrojanMan69 Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 11:59 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: Only team stopping Boyle this year is the Redhounds.
Only team stopping Boyle this year is Boyle.

Boyle County wins 35-20

Redhounds need to worry about region or semi before worrying about Boyle. The last few years same story and same tears shed.
Wish I could watch this one. Will it be broadcasted?

Pioneer, Don’t let him troll ya. He not riding with us if you catch my drift
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • True pioneer
(10-07-2022, 12:51 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Wish I could watch this one. Will it be broadcasted?

Pioneer, Don’t let him troll ya. He not riding with us if you catch my drift

Prep Spin is streaming this game
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • Hound05
Game Day!
I have to go with Boyle County in this one.
LC better get off the tracks because the Rebel Express is coming.
Heading to Lexington tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Rebel55, toolaidback
Gonna be great football weather and atmosphere!
(10-07-2022, 02:16 PM)64SUR Wrote: Heading to Lexington tonight.

Look us up . Jack Lambert and myself will be there.
(10-07-2022, 04:55 PM)True pioneer Wrote:

$20 says you will be able to spot Sur in a crowd of 2000 people. $10 says I know what he’ll be wearing haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-07-2022, 05:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 04:55 PM)True pioneer Wrote:

$20 says you will be able to spot Sur in a crowd of 2000 people. $10 says I know what he’ll be wearing haha

And what aould that be
Game day! Been looking forward to this one all week. Going to be a great atmosphere.