Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any other schools have this problem?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:They werent trying to sneak anything past anyone. Like I said before, This had been going on for 2 years and EVERYONE knew about it. So why is it all of a sudden a big deal? The point about the mini park runs I was trying to make is that its the same type of thing as the gattis meetings. Meaning if both were mandatory theyd be against the rules but since theyre voluntary theres nothing wrong with either one of them. I know you support the football team with the service you perform and if nobody has ever thanked you for it I will. Like I said before I dont think this guy is going to be successful in what hes doing just for the simple fact that hes in an elected postion and elections will come back around again and with all the registered voters hes ticked off between the football, cheerleading, AND B-ball parents hes gonna be outta there anyway. From what I can understand hes already trying to take over the B-ball booster club even though he isnt president.

You're very funny...at first he was supporting only the bball program and now he's trying to take them over too! AFter going back and reading this thread again, it seems only you and Capt. DH are the ones on here with a problem. It seems no one else seems too threatened by this guy but you. If this person bugs you this much....go to him in person and work out your differences.
At Russell the band gets the Concessions Money. The Cross Country team gets the Fall Programs Money.

The Football boosters do their own thing to help raise money. T-shirts, etc.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:They werent trying to sneak anything past anyone. Like I said before, This had been going on for 2 years and EVERYONE knew about it. So why is it all of a sudden a big deal? The point about the mini park runs I was trying to make is that its the same type of thing as the gattis meetings. Meaning if both were mandatory theyd be against the rules but since theyre voluntary theres nothing wrong with either one of them. I know you support the football team with the service you perform and if nobody has ever thanked you for it I will. Like I said before I dont think this guy is going to be successful in what hes doing just for the simple fact that hes in an elected postion and elections will come back around again and with all the registered voters hes ticked off between the football, cheerleading, AND B-ball parents hes gonna be outta there anyway. From what I can understand hes already trying to take over the B-ball booster club even though he isnt president.

You are right, he is in a elected position. If enough parents are ticked off, he wont be re-elected. If he is re-elected, then maybe as many parents are not as ticked off as you think. Only time will tell. From what I have experienced during the 2 and a half years at this school as compared to the county school we came here from is that everyone from the superintendent down supports every group.

I have been to every booster meeting for basketball that has been scheduled and I have yet to see him try to take over any. I will admit sometimes in them he does talk a little loud, but that is a good thing for me because sometimes I cant hear what others are saying. But I dont think that he has tried to take them over in any way.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well first of all you dont understand the spirit of that rule. That rule was implemented for kids to be able to attend church with their families on wednesday nights. The Gattis deal didnt start until either 8 or 8:30 at night. So that means that the kids were able to attend church, go home and get some studying done and then go eat some pizza if they so choose to go. And yes it is VOLUNTARY. I have a relative on the team and he said none of the coaches have said anything about these meetings being mandatory. But what puzzles me is why all of a sudden this is a rules violation when it has been going on for 2 years and everyone has known about it? Youd think if this was such a terrible rules infraction that something wouldve been said 2 years ago, long before "The Basketball Nazi" got on the school board.
I have a question that maybe you in youre infinite wisdom can answer. When the coach has the B-ball team out running around the mini park in August is that voluntary? I sure hope it is for HIS sake.
1) The Gatti's deal was brought up because some football parents complained to the board that the players had to pay their own way. (So where is the boosters $$ there!)
2)The b-ball team can run in August as much as they want. You can condition year around in any sport if you want to!! You should know that with the football weight program being year around!
3) The cheerleaders had no business at the Bluegoose when they can get the same thing accomplished at the elementary school. (Bluegoose has a regulation B-ball floor, elem. doesn't) that was a no-brainer as well!
4)This person was the leading vote-getter in the school board election. The voters knew what he stood for when they voted, so how do you explain that!

And finally 5) Which sport has had more kids quit over the past two or three years to play the "other" sport??? Here is a list of b-ball players that have quit b-ball to concentrate on football: Daniel harmon, Tyler Baker, Josh Staggs, Watson Ritchie, Ted Honaker, Ben Staggs, Jay Martin...that is only the ones that come to mind. I am sure there are others. How many have quit football to concentrate on b-ball?? Let's see the list! Is there someone that is "dooping" the b-ball players as well???? I think we all know the answer to that one! The basketball people are the ones that should be mad instead of the football people.
bball fan Wrote:1)...And finally 5) Which sport has had more kids quit over the past two or three years to play the "other" sport??? Here is a list of b-ball players that have quit b-ball to concentrate on football: Daniel harmon, Tyler Baker, Josh Staggs, Watson Ritchie, Ted Honaker, Ben Staggs, Jay Martin...that is only the ones that come to mind. I am sure there are others. How many have quit football to concentrate on b-ball?? Let's see the list! Is there someone that is "dooping" the b-ball players as well???? I think we all know the answer to that one! The basketball people are the ones that should be mad instead of the football people.
I dont think the football team or basketball team should be fighting for athletes. In a small school like Pikeville, both sports should be willing to share them. Both sports should be standing behind each other when the others are playing.

As far as that list goes of players who quit basketball to play football, I heard that Baker is going to play basketball, and isnt Ted not going to play for a different reason?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
bball fan Wrote:1) The Gatti's deal was brought up because some football parents complained to the board that the players had to pay their own way. (So where is the boosters $$ there!)
2)The b-ball team can run in August as much as they want. You can condition year around in any sport if you want to!! You should know that with the football weight program being year around!
3) The cheerleaders had no business at the Bluegoose when they can get the same thing accomplished at the elementary school. (Bluegoose has a regulation B-ball floor, elem. doesn't) that was a no-brainer as well!
4)This person was the leading vote-getter in the school board election. The voters knew what he stood for when they voted, so how do you explain that!

And finally 5) Which sport has had more kids quit over the past two or three years to play the "other" sport??? Here is a list of b-ball players that have quit b-ball to concentrate on football: Daniel harmon, Tyler Baker, Josh Staggs, Watson Ritchie, Ted Honaker, Ben Staggs, Jay Martin...that is only the ones that come to mind. I am sure there are others. How many have quit football to concentrate on b-ball?? Let's see the list! Is there someone that is "dooping" the b-ball players as well???? I think we all know the answer to that one! The basketball people are the ones that should be mad instead of the football people.

I have a cheer for you bball fan.....HAIL PIKEVILLE!!:thumpsup:
thepharmacist Wrote:I have a cheer for you bball fan.....HAIL PIKEVILLE!!:thumpsup:
WOW! did you hurt yourself comin up with that one? LOL!!!
Trust me Capt DH and I arent the only ones with this problem. Like I said before Everyone of the football and cheerleading parents are upset with him.
thepharmacist Wrote:You're very funny...at first he was supporting only the bball program and now he's trying to take them over too! AFter going back and reading this thread again, it seems only you and Capt. DH are the ones on here with a problem. It seems no one else seems too threatened by this guy but you. If this person bugs you this much....go to him in person and work out your differences.
Look Im not threatened by this guy and Ive got nothing against him personally. IMO he just sticking his nose in places it doesnt belong. You dont see us football supporters doing that to the B-ball team and that goes for the coaches as well regardless of what some folks might say. As far as him taking over the B-ball boosters all Im going on is what some B-ball parents have told me and theyre some VERY honorable people who dont have any reason to lie about such things.
bball fan Wrote:1) The Gatti's deal was brought up because some football parents complained to the board that the players had to pay their own way. (So where is the boosters $$ there!)

Ok heres your list.
Clark Keene
Wes Rowe
Kory Brinker
Justin Mullins
Madison Coleman
Dustin Boyd
Gatlin Clark.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok heres your list.
*Clark Keene
*Wes Rowe
Kory Brinker
Justin Mullins
Madison Coleman
*Dustin Boyd
*Gatlin Clark.

Four of these kids never started their high school years playing football and MC never played b-ball on the HS level. All of the ones on my list quit basketball to just play football...but it happens these days! My main point is that you are only seeing one side of it. I understand your pain, the Pikeville football program is not in good shape right now so I assume this is just your way to vent your frustration!
I do believe this thread has just about ran it's course.....
phs1986 Wrote:I do believe this thread has just about ran it's course.....
I agree!!! I am done with it!
The thing about the whole situation is, Pikeville is the second smallest school in the 15th. They have to share athletes to be competitive in every sport that they can be. I know the football coaches and basketball coaches work together just the same as the boys and girls sports work together. All of those have to work with the middle school coaches because they share facilities. If all the different coaches can work together and get along, why cant players and other people on here? Quit placing blame on things that you are not 100% sure of the reasons behind them. As a small school, we have to stick together more than the bigger schools with more athletes to pick and choose from. I think what we need is a camp fire sing along or something.
bball fan Wrote:I understand your pain, the Pikeville football program is not in good shape right now so I assume this is just your way to vent your frustration!
Tell me how its in bad shape. A 7-3 record against the toughest schedule in 1a and home field advantage in the playoffs. 95% of the teams in this state would like to be in that "Bad" of shape. And if it is as bad as you say it is then I bet it just breaks your heart doesnt it? I hope this isnt true but it sounds to me like you root against the football team just because you dont like the coaches. If thats true thats kinda sick.