Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Do any other schools have this problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have noticed that at a few home games at Pikeville that someone has been having there own tailgate party to take money away from the boosters. This is absolutely outrageous that this guy would do such a thing. He is supposed to be some sort of board member at the school from what I have been told. I slos heard that he has it out for the football team for some reason and that is why he is doing it. I was just wondering if any other schools have a guy who is concerned with only one sport trying to destroy another? This is just terrible for the kids who are working their tails off to get better and win games. It also sounds to me like this guy cares more about himself and less about these other kids as a whole.
Tailgating? What is he thinking? Who has ever heard of such a thing in football...tailgating....jeez?

PLEASE, tailgating is football. I may not know the whole story. But, your statement sounds a little far fetched to me. JMO.
At Russell we tailgated for several years. The boosters and friends got together and brought dishes. We all ate pregame then we fed the team with leftovers. It never affected the football boosters because they never received any money from the concession stands any how.
Capt. DH Wrote:I have noticed that at a few home games at Pikeville that someone has been having there own tailgate party to take money away from the boosters. This is absolutely outrageous that this guy would do such a thing. He is supposed to be some sort of board member at the school from what I have been told. I slos heard that he has it out for the football team for some reason and that is why he is doing it. I was just wondering if any other schools have a guy who is concerned with only one sport trying to destroy another? This is just terrible for the kids who are working their tails off to get better and win games. It also sounds to me like this guy cares more about himself and less about these other kids as a whole.
I agree this guy is a complete JERK and thats not just a name...Its a promise.Wink I wish hed go back to where he came from which is where he learned to undermine other sports for the sake of the almighty roundball.
The Church of Christ on third street has been sponsoring a tailgate party for our youth every Friday nite Panther Home game. Everyone is welcome!!! We even have fed families of the opposing team. We also have been known to take a church bus to away games to further support the youth in our church and area. I'm sorry if this has taken money away from the boosters. If this is a problem, we will gladly donate to the fund.. We hoped the tailgating would bring more kids to the game.... Thus, supporting the football team and our youth at the same time.. Again, I'm sorry if it has created a problem and if you'd like to email me with some suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Tailgating and sports go together like beer and wings, peanut butter and jelly, or any other combo that you can come up with. During my time in high school we tailgated for basketball games out in the parking lot, brought some couches, and had a good time. During baseball we grilled on top of the pool building, took donations to purchase the food, and cheered from up there. I don't really see anything wrong with a group or an individual wanting to hold their own tailgate party and bring what they want to eat instead of the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs.
There has to be more to this story. There is nothing wrong with tail gating. Does this guy have a sign that says something like "Why pay for food over there, when you can get it here free". Sounds like a misunderstanding.
We have a couple different tailgating groups at Ashland before the home games but it hasn't caused any problems.
TOMCAT06 Wrote:We have a couple different tailgating groups at Ashland before the home games but it hasn't caused any problems.

Definately not a problem. They feed the players after games, and plus all of Ashlands consessions go to the band anyhow.
Capt. DH Wrote:I have noticed that at a few home games at Pikeville that someone has been having there own tailgate party to take money away from the boosters. This is absolutely outrageous that this guy would do such a thing. He is supposed to be some sort of board member at the school from what I have been told. I slos heard that he has it out for the football team for some reason and that is why he is doing it. I was just wondering if any other schools have a guy who is concerned with only one sport trying to destroy another? This is just terrible for the kids who are working their tails off to get better and win games. It also sounds to me like this guy cares more about himself and less about these other kids as a whole.
I don't understand, where are they tailgaiting? Who is showing up? Are they selling items? Are they advertising? Please clarify. Is he involved with a particular sport and is a board member?
is he up for re-election for re-appointment next week?
When you say tailgating do you mean bringing and eating his own food or bringing his food and selling it to other people?
You guys are pickin' on the church of christ...shame on you!
Maybe he's like me and my buddies, we like to drink a few cold beers before we go in to a game no matter where it's at. We'll be tailgatin in the parkin lot before PC plays the Cumberlands next week at home, even though they have a free tailgate inside. There's nothin wrong with it. And if it's the same guy I seen "tailgatin" before the Paintsville game a couple weeks ago, I really wouldn't worry too much about it, there was only like 5 people there, lol.
Shew God forbid anyone EVER taligate at a football game...lol...at LCC there is 4 or 5 different little groups that get together and start tailgatin every home game at 6 o' clock. Will somone please explain to me the problem with this?
You guys dont know the full story behind this. This individual has tried to undermined the football team in anyway he can all year. Hes talked kids who played JR high football as 8th graders out of going out for the varsity team by filling their heads with a bunch of garbage. Ive heard from very reliable sources that hes telling them that the football coaches wont let them play B-ball which is totally FALSE!!!! Hes also used his postion on the school board and has raised a big stink about a voluntary and non school sanctioned pizza party at Gattis which the team has been doing every wednesday night for 2 years but all of a sudden its a "problem". His reasoning was only that the B-ball team should be able to do this as well. Which there is nothing stopping them from doing so. This gentlemen has shown with his actions that he doesnt care about this school, he just cares about his own interests and to heck with everything and everyone else. A true Panther would root for everything wearing maroon and had Pikeville across the chest no matter what the sport. But I guess this guy wouldnt know anything about being a true panther now would he?
vundy33 Wrote:You guys are pickin' on the church of christ...shame on you!
Ive not got anything against the church at all. I just question the motives of one of the individuals doing this. IMO its less than godly.
The problem stated in the first post is that this guy is takin money away from the boosters by havin his own tailgate party. Like I said earlier, if it's the same guy I seen tailgatin before the Paintsville game I really wouldn't get to bent outta shape about it cause there was only like 5 people there, lol. Not much of a tailgate party if ya ask me.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ive not got anything against the church at all. I just question the motives of one of the individuals doing this. IMO its less than godly.

Just a joke...Big Grin
I am still lost on this issue. Are you mad that this guy for giving away food at games where you are trying to sell food, thus hurting your profits?
Possum Bait Wrote:I am still lost on this issue. Are you mad that this guy for giving away food at games where you are trying to sell food, thus hurting your profits?
I am mad at this guy for trying to destroy something that means so much to many different people especially the ones that play it right now. It has nothing to do with the food but with the fact that this guy is trying to destroy these kids. He has no business telling anyone that they don't need to play another sport. It is complete crap on his part. He's not just a name he's a moron.
Capt. DH Wrote:I am mad at this guy for trying to destroy something that means so much to many different people especially the ones that play it right now. It has nothing to do with the food but with the fact that this guy is trying to destroy these kids. He has no business telling anyone that they don't need to play another sport. It is complete crap on his part. He's not just a name he's a moron.

Unfortunately nothing you have said about the food issue seems to be out of line with anything everyone else is doing. We all have tail gate parties. Hail Pikeville indicated that he is talking kids out of playing football. I'm not saying that he has not done that. He probable has. My question is? WHERE AREA THE PARENTS AND COACHS??? You have a so called Moron guiding your children. You just may have a lot bigger problem than you think. I hope things work out.
Capt. DH Wrote:I am mad at this guy for trying to destroy something that means so much to many different people especially the ones that play it right now. It has nothing to do with the food but with the fact that this guy is trying to destroy these kids. He has no business telling anyone that they don't need to play another sport. It is complete crap on his part. He's not just a name he's a moron.

Then why did you even bring up "tailgatin" to begin with if that's not the main concern here. Him tellin kids not to play ball and tailgatin are two totally different subjects.
pnthr pride Wrote:The Church of Christ on third street has been sponsoring a tailgate party for our youth every Friday nite Panther Home game. Everyone is welcome!!! We even have fed families of the opposing team. We also have been known to take a church bus to away games to further support the youth in our church and area. I'm sorry if this has taken money away from the boosters. If this is a problem, we will gladly donate to the fund.. We hoped the tailgating would bring more kids to the game.... Thus, supporting the football team and our youth at the same time.. Again, I'm sorry if it has created a problem and if you'd like to email me with some suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Sounds like a good idea!!! Dont understand why anyone would complain. Keep it going!!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Um, I've been to Pikeville, and their concession stand isn't that great. They have 2 windows, they're slow, and their hotdogs aren't very good. Their chili is the worst I've had this year. They didn't even have pizza when I was in line, and it wasn't even halftime! How can you run out of pizza in that slow of a concession stand before halftime!

Just kidding. ;P Honestly though, as slow as they are I don't see them generating a lot of money anyway.
If the point of this thread is really about the tailgating, I think that has been answered. If you mentioned the tailgating to get it out that a player is trying to talk kids out of playing football, that should have been the topic. People have tried to talk my son about playing football. He doesnt play it because he isnt interested in it. He likes basketball. That is all he plays. If a kid can be talked into or out of playing any sport, then he really doesnt know if he wants to play it or not. If anyone from the community, school, board, or anywhere tells him not to play basketball, he will say he is going to anyways. Why cant the boys that are supposed to be told not to play football play anyways? It sounds like there is something else going on besides the tailgating and now talking out of playing. But I have to ask this, do you play football Capt DH?
If I was guessing... is this the same guy who managed to snarf the BlueGoose from the cheerleaders and is not from Pikeville and is boosting basketball over football @ a football school? I don't know about his religious affiliation... it sounds like he is "working it". I hope not though... how tacky would that be. I think it's grand that a church group wants to enable its youth in such a fashion! Sooo "cherries" to the church for boosting its youth! Raspberries to the "brought-on" who is undermining these other school groups.
I just dont see how someone can talk a kid out of playing a sport if he or she really wants to play that sport. To me, it is the same thing as trying to talk a kid in playing a sport they dont want. Would you really want someone on your team if all it took for them not to play was someone asking them not to? It seems to me their heart wouldnt be in it if they did play. That is the same for all sports, not just football.
Why don't you fill us all in on the PROBLEM since you're in the know! I happen to know for a fact that the tailgate party the church has... is all in fun and was started by the preacher and the youth minister. Don't be so judgemental!! The person in question may just be doing the Lord's work and may have the best interest of all the youth at your school. Maybe the person in question is not the person causing the problem. Please don't come back and make a comment about doing the Lord's work because none of us know the other person's heart and the Bible says: Judge Not lest you be not judged!!
Amen!! I think someone on here may be trying to make a mountain out of a molehill!
Pages: 1 2 3