Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best defense in the mountains?
SunDoctor Wrote:With Tackett, Johnson, and Dials for Johnson Central; i would hate to be playin offense against these guys. They all have the size speed and ability to play at the next level. I would put them up against any other 3 linebackers in the state.

I agree, those boys are unbelievable. :Cheerlead The EAGLES are well on their way!!!
Russell or Johnson central
Leslie Co has a really good D
beaverboy22 Wrote:As of late I would have to say Sc's defense is looking pretty good.
No!
at the beginning of the season i would have said belfry.. now i really don't know.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Sc
JC, best defense since the 2001 Prestonsburg Blackcats.
JC has the complete package. Depth, powerful offense and the best defense in the mountains.
Rockcastle always fields the best defense ive ever seen and russell has a solid D
Big- D Wrote:Rockcastle always fields the best defense ive ever seen and russell has a solid D

That's true, JC is the best that I have seen. I have never seen Rockcastle play in person, just high-lites. I rememeber a few years back when opposing teams averaged -12 yards rushing a game, man that was impressive.
prestonsburg..and before anybody says anything about the belfry/pburg score, remember, pburg didnt allow dustin may any td's and held him to 70 some yards rushing.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:prestonsburg..and before anybody says anything about the belfry/pburg score, remember, pburg didnt allow dustin may any td's and held him to 70 some yards rushing.

You can't pronounce, or denounce, a great defense based on a single game, or a single player's stats. P-burg may have held May to around 70, but let Matt Thomas run for over 200 yards. How have they performed against some other elite backs?
dfblackcat53 Wrote:prestonsburg..and before anybody says anything about the belfry/pburg score, remember, pburg didnt allow dustin may any td's and held him to 70 some yards rushing.

Didn't Belfry have two other backs go for 100 yards each in that game?
FBALL Wrote:Didn't Belfry have two other backs go for 100 yards each in that game?

Epling only had around 60 ! Chapman was the one who had over 100 yds ! But I agree with dfblackcat, Prestonsburg D has stopped some pretty good offense like Sheldon Clark and Leslie Co ! Now Pikeville and Ashland, and Belfry did have alot of rushing yards on us but no one in the Mountains can stop these three teams from getting over 200 yds rushing in a single game !
Just to set his record straight

May 74 yds (23 carries, good job Pburg)
Chapman 120 yds (12 carries)
Epling 75 yds (8 carries)
blackcat_student Wrote:Epling only had around 60 ! Chapman was the one who had over 100 yds ! But I agree with dfblackcat, Prestonsburg D has stopped some pretty good offense like Sheldon Clark and Leslie Co ! Now Pikeville and Ashland, and Belfry did have alot of rushing yards on us but no one in the Mountains can stop these three teams from getting over 200 yds rushing in a single game !

I think JC could hold them. Thats why i think they have the number one defense. Pbrug's defense is definately better than their offense.
cats eye Wrote:I think JC could hold them. Thats why i think they have the number one defense. Pbrug's defense is definately better than their offense.

I agree with you on that. Belfry didnt do much against them in the scrimmage game
blackcat_student Wrote:Epling only had around 60 ! Chapman was the one who had over 100 yds ! But I agree with dfblackcat, Prestonsburg D has stopped some pretty good offense like Sheldon Clark and Leslie Co ! Now Pikeville and Ashland, and Belfry did have alot of rushing yards on us but no one in the Mountains can stop these three teams from getting over 200 yds rushing in a single game !
Yea, and Leslie's D held them to a field goal.
Once King Now Prince Wrote:No toss up, JC HANDS DOWN!

How many points did JC score on Belfry's D in the scrimmage? Smile

I think 7 TDs... QQ

I have to go with JC in AAA, Belfry in AA, and Pikeville in A.

And in that order overall too.
LovetheBucs Wrote:Just to set his record straight

May 74 yds (23 carries, good job Pburg)
Chapman 120 yds (12 carries)
Epling 75 yds (8 carries)

How many did Andrew have on his 2 TD runs? I think Andrew might have broken 100 rushing + passing. Hey, for a sophomore who rarely has the ball more than a few seconds, those aren't bad stats.
JC is not my main team and I am not a JC alum, but I can certainly appreciate good talent when I see it. JC has the best D and the best O in the mountains or east of I-75 IMO. Anyone that doesn't agree hasn't played them.

It is true that Belfry has a good D and so does Pikeville. However, they wouldn't stop JC, but they probably would most other teams in their classes. Prestonsburg has a good D but would get blown out by JC if they played this year. Ashland is a very solid team, but they are in for a rude awakening when they come up to JC in a couple of weeks. JC is simply loaded and they dress about 70+ guys and they have a very motivating coach!
EKY Sportster Wrote:JC is not my main team and I am not a JC alum, but I can certainly appreciate good talent when I see it. JC has the best D and the best O in the mountains or east of I-75 IMO. Anyone that doesn't agree hasn't played them.

It is true that Belfry has a good D and so does Pikeville. However, they wouldn't stop JC, but they probably would most other teams in their classes. Prestonsburg has a good D but would get blown out by JC if they played this year. Ashland is a very solid team, but they are in for a rude awakening when they come up to JC in a couple of weeks. JC is simply loaded and they dress about 70+ guys and they have a very motivating coach!

Well said Sportster, I have to agree with all the above. JC is dominant, I sure hope they don't blow the region (I dont think they will), I wanna see them play against Highlands or Cov Cath in the Semi's, which would be at JC.
Johnson Central in my opinion has the most dominate defense in the mountains..I base this from the scrimage I watched between Belfry and Jc before season started..Jc dominated..didnt look like belfry could get much running room
the seattle seahawks