Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best defense in the mountains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I WANT TO KNOW WHO HAS THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE MOUNTAINS
as always "Belfry"
Normie59Pirate Wrote:as always "Belfry"
really???
Belfry gave up 280 yds rushing to Pikeville.
Best defense in the Mountains???
AAA--Rockcastle Co
AA---Russell
A---Harlan
As of late I would have to say Sc's defense is looking pretty good.
Johnson Central by a long shot
sc
Belfry
Johnson Central. They have the best LB trio in the mountains, possibly the state, those boys are mean.

After JC, probably Belfry.
Russell
Leslie's is not the best but they are way up there.
GoldenHands10 Wrote:Leslie's is not the best but they are way up there.

Yea, they have a steady D
With Tackett, Johnson, and Dials for Johnson Central; i would hate to be playin offense against these guys. They all have the size speed and ability to play at the next level. I would put them up against any other 3 linebackers in the state.
Probably Russell then Belfry....It will be a heck of a game if it happens!!!
Got to go with JC. Ashland didn't have any trouble putting points on the board against either Russell or Belfry. But I don't think that Ashland will by any means be able to run the ball down JC's throat. Just look at the JC results so far this season. They haven't had the strongest schedule, but no one has really hund much on them either.
Prestonsburg's is pretty dag on good !
JC is pretty good, but they haven't been tested on the pass yet. Some of you may say they played the #16 QB in the nation and picked a couple of balls off of him, yeah thats going to happen when they put a lot of pressure on the QB and force him to make mistakes. If any team can match up with them on the front line then things MAY be different. But I don't see it hapening and when you got as good a line that JC does you don't really need a solid pass defense. So I think JC has the best D in the Mountains.
Russell no question about it...DEFEND THE R. Defence wins CHAMPIONSHIPS:devilflam
when pikeville plays their d is one of the best in A
Toss up between JC and Belfry.
Belfry Has A Tough D.
pikeville and harlan seem to have the best defenses in 1a region 4
In no particular order....Leslie, Bell, Rockcastle, Johnson Central, and Pburg at times.
Johnson central
They have had impressive numbers on defense. In a couple of games the starting D held teams to under 50 total yards untill the subs cam in.
Sheldon Clark has some big boys. I am going with my CARDS.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Toss up between JC and Belfry.

No toss up, JC HANDS DOWN!

How many points did JC score on Belfry's D in the scrimmage? Smile
Once King Now Prince Wrote:No toss up, JC HANDS DOWN!

How many points did JC score on Belfry's D in the scrimmage? Smile

It was a scrimmage, but you could also look at it the other way, JC also has a high powered offense. They haven't faced a defense as good as theirs either, so who knows say if it could happen, JC's Offense could score 27 points on their starting defense. So its just one of them things you gotta look at it both ways, but I still say Central has the best.
1a-Pikeville
2a-Leslie
3a-Rockastle
Jc
JFLDAD Wrote:Russell no question about it...DEFEND THE R. Defence wins CHAMPIONSHIPS:devilflam

Ashland sure didn't have any trouble putting points on them!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Ashland sure didn't have any trouble putting points on them!

Ashland only had scored 14 points at the end of regulation. 10 of their 24 came in OT.
Pages: 1 2