Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Draw
Going to be a dandy of a tournament!

I got it going this way.... which means it will not at all go this way...

Perry over Wolfe in a tight one (hope I'm wrong)

Estill over Knott (Damron will shoot Knott out of it)

Hazard over Breathitt (Again, hope I'm wrong)

Owsley over Letcher (This is my "upset")

Semi's:

Perry over Estill (Hurts my heart to say it)

Hazard over Owsley (It's not close)

Finals:

Hazard over Perry

Again, this is only a GUESS. Literally all of the games COULD go to other way. This is going to be one fun tournament. Probably the most competitive regional tournament in the entire state this week. CANNOT WAIT! Hurry up Wednesday!
[Image:

]

WEDNESDAY – March 4th
WOLFE COUNTY (19-9) v. PERRY CENTRAL (13-17) – 6:30 pm
ESTILL COUNTY (22-10) v. KNOTT CENTRAL (17-10) – 8:15 PM

THURSDAY – March 5th
HAZARD (26-5) v. BREATHITT COUNTY (13-16) – 6:30 PM
LETCHER CENTRAL (8-19) v. OWSLEY COUNTY (11-16) – 8:15 PM

Bruthas and sistas, the bold will walk off Mortys floor after the first round like ole fatpat coming out of the hospitality room my friends, but nobody, will be as bold as Brown Sugar and his posse. Brown Sugar gave a speech yesterday that made the deaf hear and the blind see. I look for him to go off on the lil engines and Pat Nation will be ready to rock.

#sweetashoney #betterbringthenunchuks More mash taters please!!!
I think Breathitt might be the upset
Wolfe/Perry - I don't this will be a repeat of their regular season game. I believe Perry will step up and take care of business quick. Perry is very solid and can defend. Wolfe can beat anyone on a given night, but I think Perry is not going to lose this one. Perry by 7.

Estill/Knott - This will be the best and most balanced first round game of the tournament. This one will be a coin toss. Estill has Benton and that's enough to beat any team. However, Knott has home court advantage. I'm going with Estill by 2.

Hazard/Breathitt - I believe John Noble's team is a team of the future. They play really hard and can create havoc, but I don't see Big Al's team having issues with Breathitt. Pelfrey and company will prevail in this one. Hazard by 10.

Letcher/Owsley - Owsley is a talented team that can create problems for their opponent. I do like how coach Lee has his team playing right now. They are battling on every play. Letcher by 3.
I hope I am wrong, but I believe the regional championship will go through Perry County this year, with the championship game consisting of Hazard and Perry Central. Both are playing their best basketball at the right time and the two previous games between the two, have went down to the wire. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Hazard, due to the fact that Big Al is a better coach than Hoskins, in my opinion.