Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Draw
The draw will be crucial when will it be held?
This morning at 10 or this afternoon at 1. Not sure which
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I heard today at noon.
JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:This morning at 10 or this afternoon at 1. Not sure which

Thanks let us know when u find out the results.
It’s at 12. High noon. Lol

14th region draw

14th region draw. Trying to attach a photo but having trouble

Tuesday 3-4-20
Wolfe vs Perry @ 6:30
Estill vs Knott @ 8:15
Wednesday 3-5-20
Hazard vs Breathitt @ 6:30
Letcher vs Owsley @ 8:15
No clear cut winner any of the first round games - Hazard got a tough 1st game but prob some breathing room in second round if they get by the bobcats, Wolfe/PCC game is a rematch from game at PCC a month ago that the Commodores won by 1point in OT and the Knott/Estill game will be a slugfest - buckle up for a wild 14th region tourney folks !
WEDNESDAY – March 4th
WOLFE COUNTY (19-9) v. PERRY CENTRAL (13-17) – 6:30 pm
ESTILL COUNTY (22-10) v. KNOTT CENTRAL (17-10) – 8:15 PM

THURSDAY – March 5th
HAZARD (26-5) v. BREATHITT COUNTY (13-16) – 6:30 PM
LETCHER CENTRAL (8-19) v. OWSLEY COUNTY (11-16) – 8:15 PM

SUNDAY – March 8th
SEMI-FINALS 2:00 and 4:00 PM

TUESDAY – March 10th
FINAL 7:00 PM

Hazard playing well right now.
Top bracket in girls and boys will be some great basketball games in first and second round
You cant pick an allstar team from all 8 teams girls and boys and go to state and win anything, sorry but thats how it is.
me and mine Wrote:You cant pick an allstar team from all 8 teams girls and boys and go to state and win anything, sorry but thats how it is.

The region is down Ill give u that a lot of young teams but Hazard competed well in the All a and there is talent in this region just a lot of young players region will definitely be more competitive in next few years.
14th region not going do anything against the 6th region in sweet 16 tournament this year.
jacobcody2 Wrote:14th region not going do anything against the 6th region in sweet 16 tournament this year.

Name the last time 14th region did anything mr. pessimist
SmileyTown Wrote:The region is down Ill give u that a lot of young teams but Hazard competed well in the All a and there is talent in this region just a lot of young players region will definitely be more competitive in next few years.

The 54th district will be very good from top to bottom barring any transfers. Leslie and Buckhorn bring almost everyone back. PCC is young and should improve. And Hazard seems to have some good young talent. The bad thing about it is that only 2 make the regional tourney. All 4 could beat anyone in the 14th next season.

You never know how a game comes out but the 14th has some great talent and can beat anyone on a given night boys and girls no we don’t have a 50 players to choose from we take what we can get but as for the 6th district boys and the 9th district girls they are not invincible so guess we’ll have to wait and see but there’s not an invincible team in the state they all have good nights and bad nights so don’t think your teams are going to win state until the final game has played and I’d bet their not in it
eky.sports.fan Wrote:No clear cut winner any of the first round games - Hazard got a tough 1st game but prob some breathing room in second round if they get by the bobcats, Wolfe/PCC game is a rematch from game at PCC a month ago that the Commodores won by 1point in OT and the Knott/Estill game will be a slugfest - buckle up for a wild 14th region tourney folks !
Dont know a thing about Letcher Central but they won their district so they are playing better now than their record would suggest. Also, Owsley is a scrappy team with several nice players that play well together. Nobody should take anything for granted at this point in the season. Owsley is capable of competing with the best in this region and could be a dangerous team. Good luck to the Owls.
#clear the tracks
Easy Wind Wrote:Name the last time 14th region did anything mr. pessimist

Just being honest man. Perry won game last year n you go back to knott run with Justice n Hall. They won a game or 2. Just 14th get a bad draw every year.
jacobcody2 Wrote:Just being honest man. Perry won game last year n you go back to knott run with Justice n Hall. They won a game or 2. Just 14th get a bad draw every year.

The draws being bad may or may not be a factor. No matter what draw a team has they must beat the team in front of them. I am a 14th region fan and think that making any excuses is not a good way to change things. The draw is what it is. It is not good or bad. But that is just my opinion.

I’d say the Breathitt/ Hazard game is gonna be close.
me and mine Wrote:You cant pick an allstar team from all 8 teams girls and boys and go to state and win anything, sorry but thats how it is.

Why do people make such a big deal out of that. If you don’t win a game down there then it’s ok. For most schools it’s a big deal just to get to step on Rupp arena floor. I’m a fan of Wolfe’s team. Boys and Girls and we have never won the real region and our girls winning the all a last year was a first for the school in boys and girls. So for us, if we even got to Rupp Arena it would be huge for our county. We would love to win but if we didn’t it wouldn’t cheapen they experience for us.

I see so many people talk on here about how the 14th can’t win at the state. To me that’s ok.

When is the last time an OVC school won the NCAA tournament? But when they win the OVC tourney they celebrate because they have a chance to play in the big dance. They have no chance to win the ncaa but that doesn’t matter to them. They are just happy for the chance to play there.
They will get fooled someday Winning Region would be big for Wolfe County girls and boys but always someone that wants to put someone down and usually their team didn’t make it to the region as I’ve seen many times the best team don’t always win
With the 14th being as it is in 2020 as far as parity, any team can win. There is a favorite but the gap is not so much that any team can win this tourney if they get hot.

I think it’ll be. Hazard/perry part 4 in the championship game. With perry finding a way to win and advance!!! Either way it’s gonna be a awesome tournament.
Go Bulldogs !
First round:

Wolfe/Perry
Prediction-Perry by 8 if Reed doesn’t get in foul and Jaz Johnson for Wolfe doesn’t get hot and shoot the ball well. Not as consistent with scoring as he is on Defense. Should be a good game to watch

Second game:

Knott/Estill

Knott won earlier with McGuire sitting that game out, and it’s on their home floor where they tend to shoot very well. Estill will play hard and give it everything they have, have give Knott trouble post season two years in a row, don’t look for this one to be any different. Giving the edge to Knott by 3.
Third Game:

Hazard/Breathitt

Breathitt has a decent team and have played very well here and there, but I don’t think they have it together enough to beat Hazard. Hazard has to be the clear favorite in my eyes. It’s there to lose. They play great team ball and play like they on a mission. Hazard by 10

4th game:

Letcher/Owsley

Letcher got the best draw they could have got in my eyes to continue this post season winning streak. Don’t know a whole lot about the Owls, but I’m gonna say Letcher by 4.
roundballer Wrote:First round:

Wolfe/Perry
Prediction-Perry by 8 if Reed doesn’t get in foul and Jaz Johnson for Wolfe doesn’t get hot and shoot the ball well. Not as consistent with scoring as he is on Defense. Should be a good game to watch

Second game:

Knott/Estill

Knott won earlier with McGuire sitting that game out, and it’s on their home floor where they tend to shoot very well. Estill will play hard and give it everything they have, have give Knott trouble post season two years in a row, don’t look for this one to be any different. Giving the edge to Knott by 3.
Third Game:

Hazard/Breathitt

Breathitt has a decent team and have played very well here and there, but I don’t think they have it together enough to beat Hazard. Hazard has to be the clear favorite in my eyes. It’s there to lose. They play great team ball and play like they on a mission. Hazard by 10

4th game:

Letcher/Owsley

Letcher got the best draw they could have got in my eyes to continue this post season winning streak. Don’t know a whole lot about the Owls, but I’m gonna say Letcher by 4.

I look for either Breathitt or Wolfe County to pull off the upset. The games will be played on a neutral floor and previous matches were very close.
roundballer Wrote:First round:

Wolfe/Perry

Second game:

Knott/Estill

Third Game:

Hazard/Breathitt

4th game:

Letcher/Owsley

In Estills first game with Knott, the 2nd game of the year, Estill's 2 leading scorers went for a combined total of 12 points and they only managed 38 as a team.
If Knott can pull that off again,then I would have to agree that they get the W.
The Estill boys have come a long way since December 6th though. Dont look for them to score that low again this time around.
Dont count the Engineers out on account of the first game between the 2 teams.
#clear the tracks