•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
campbellfield Wrote:It is pretty bizarre 55...Haddix as of Sunday morning was planning on being HBC at Corbin. Was being forced to rehire an assistant and admin wouldn’t give him freedom on his assistant coaches. I don’t think he had a problem bringing said assistant back but....

Corbin admin needs to wake up and realize that the only time we have been relevant since the 80’s has been the 2 seasons previous to this past season. Close to 40 years since our last title??? They should be ashamed to let Haddix even think about leaving for anything other than a college job. He was your best shot at another title but he was forced out to go win multiple titles at Boyle. Unreal!
I hate to say it but the powers that be have embarrassed us. AND if the plan that has been laid out here is realized, what a low down shame.

I hope a search committee is formed for this coaching search much like when Haddix was hired. But I hope they get it right the first time this time.

I hate that for you guys man, I really do. Bad situation all around. That's one of the things I like about Belfry football, Heywood is in charge of that football team and not one admin would even think about getting in his way or doing anything or making any change unless he approves it. At least that's how I think it is there. Its definitely the way it looks and I'm glad of it. Keeps things like this from happening.
If everything I’m hearing and reading regarding how these events unfolded are true, it’s hard not to be extremely disappointed in the Corbin administration. Regardless of who you cheer for it’s hard to stomach adults putting their own interests over those of the youth whom they are there to serve. I have seen more recruiting activity over the last 6 years in Corbin than the 15 years prior combined. If Haddix was allowed to walk with no effort retain him their better be an exhaustive search to replace him with the strongest possible candidate. Hoping it’s not just the good ole boys taking care of one another. We will know soon enough.
Cattleman Wrote:If he wasn't ask how did they know he wasn't interested?

He told several people that he wasn't.
64black&gold Wrote:He told several people that he wasn't.

64 black and gold
64sur
are you guys kinfolk
Cousins
is Boyle big enough for two 64's
I don't think so lol
cherokee Wrote:is Boyle big enough for two 64's

No way! Those two would burn that place to the ground! 😂
pjdoug Wrote:What about Johnny Hines?

What about him???
Hines won’t go to Corbin since Somerset is on the schedule. Big Grin
Goingdeep Wrote:As much as I have not been a Greer fan at times. He might be the best option right now. There will not be a French and Greer Union. Hometown Bank wouldn’t have enough money in the vault for that. I just hope he is able to keep one of the offensive assistants to run the spread offense. I would hate for us to go back to 3 yards and cloud of dust.
Go ahead and break the bank. Larry French and Greer !
watcher Wrote:Go ahead and break the bank. Larry French and Greer !

Hilton and Greer.
pjdoug Wrote:Hilton and Greer.

How about just Greer...
I’m gonna say that applications are gonna be taken Corbin is an attractive job there should be a pool of candidates to choose from...
Papaw Wrote:.......I have seen more recruiting activity over the last 6 years in Corbin than the 15 years prior combined......

Not true! Players are drawn to coaches like Haddix. He did his recruiting in the hallways of the high school. If players/parents approach a coach about playing at a school I wouldn’t call that recruiting. Corbin probably lost more kids to other schools than they gained in the last 6 years.
Corbin kids are being recruited hard right now, several schools contacting multiple kids. Fact!
campbellfield Wrote:Not true! Players are drawn to coaches like Haddix. He did his recruiting in the hallways of the high school. If players/parents approach a coach about playing at a school I wouldn’t call that recruiting. Corbin probably lost more kids to other schools than they gained in the last 6 years.
Corbin kids are being recruited hard right now, several schools contacting multiple kids. Fact!

Let’s see how you feel when he takes the D1 kids and the Qb with him as a result of recruiting them to Boyle. I wonder if opinions will change? He is now recruiting your kids to Boyle.
campbellfield Wrote:Not true! Players are drawn to coaches like Haddix. He did his recruiting in the hallways of the high school. If players/parents approach a coach about playing at a school I wouldn’t call that recruiting. Corbin probably lost more kids to other schools than they gained in the last 6 years.

Pretty sure that person meant more college recruiters being in around the Corbin program and kids going to college to play
PRIDE101 Wrote:Let’s see how you feel when he takes the D1 kids and the Qb with him as a result of recruiting them to Boyle. I wonder if opinions will change? He is now recruiting your kids to Boyle.

Again, not true. They want to continue to play for him. Some probably will go if Corbin screws this hire up. I know the coach and most of the kids/parents well. He has not asked them to come with him, I’m sure he would take them though.

If Corbin makes an old school hire and wants to run the ball 90% of the time you will lose 3+ players. Pro style/spread offense they will stay.

Boyle has reciprocal agreements with several districts around them so they probably don’t need our guys anyway...
PRIDE101 Wrote:Let’s see how you feel when he takes the D1 kids and the Qb with him as a result of recruiting them to Boyle. I wonder if opinions will change? He is now recruiting your kids to Boyle.

I guess we will soon see if this is some sort of good ole boy con job to push one of the states best coaches out or not based on the "search committee" that is formed. From there it will depend on who, if anyone, they actually interview or offer the job to. I sure hope those running the show at Corbin open this job up to find the absolute best coach that they possibly can to keep this program going in a good direction. If this just gets handed to some insider as many have said on here, I wouldn't be surprised to see the program get set back to where it was before Haddix showed up.

If that happens, that's when kids will transfer schools and who could blame them. Big time athletes want to play for big time coaches, not hometown heroes who lack connections and/or refuse to get involved in the college recruiting process to help these players get to the next level.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No way! Those two would burn that place to the ground! 😂
I know them both; they would be great friends!!!!!

single shot Wrote:I’m gonna say that applications are gonna be taken Corbin is an attractive job there should be a pool of candidates to choose from...
This is valid!! I agree.

I agree with this statement too. Haddix had that intrinsic factor that drew kids to him, and wanted to work for him.

fansville Wrote:I guess we will soon see if this is some sort of good ole boy con job to push one of the states best coaches out or not based on the "search committee" that is formed. From there it will depend on who, if anyone, they actually interview or offer the job to. I sure hope those running the show at Corbin open this job up to find the absolute best coach that they possibly can to keep this program going in a good direction. If this just gets handed to some insider as many have said on here, I wouldn't be surprised to see the program get set back to where it was before Haddix showed up.

If that happens, that's when kids will transfer schools and who could blame them. Big time athletes want to play for big time coaches, not hometown heroes who lack connections and/or refuse to get involved in the college recruiting process to help these players get to the next level.
Okay, this is what scares me for Corbin. I sure hope it doesn't happen; not because I love and promote their program but because ANY program that is injured effects the entire district/region.

I was out of town yesterday; looks like a lot of things have happened!!
single shot Wrote:How about just Greer...

Who are his assistants?
They are trying to get kids back that wee already theirs is what you meant to say.lol
pjdoug Wrote:Who are his assistants?

I don’t know that it’ll be Greer Dougie, I think he’s a heck of a Coach but there has to be applications taken for all sorts of reasons besides it being against the law not to...Like I said earlier there should be no shortage of applicants and if Greer applies he’s a front runner imo as far as assistants go if Greer is hired we need a Haddix type OC imo other than that I couldn’t tell you, Mouser will be back at Corbin next year he should have never been walking a Whitley Co sideline anyway...

That is hilarious. He did his recruiting by sending messages to kids like he was a 12 year old. Also has a few Adults that help him as well. Everyone in the area knows it. Any Middle school kid around got messages from JH. Don't kid yourself and say he didn't.
Trenches07 Wrote:That is hilarious. He did his recruiting by sending messages to kids like he was a 12 year old. Also has a few Adults that help him as well. Everyone in the area knows it. Any Middle school kid around got messages from JH. Don't kid yourself and say he didn't.

Sounds like BS but so what if him or anyone else sent texts or made comments to encourage kids. Let’s be honest here, it wouldn’t take much “recruiting” to get kids to pick Corbin over neighboring schools if they were serious players. These last few years if you were good enough of a player to start/contribute on the team and live in the tri-county area, why would you want to play anywhere other than Corbin?
I’m talking about colleges recruiting players from Corbin. There were more college coaches visiting Corbin in the last 6 years than in the previous 15. There were major college programs visiting on almost a weekly basis. I’m hoping this is considered in the search for the next coach! It needs to be someone who can continue this momentum up for the kids to get looks at the next level.
fansville Wrote:Pretty sure that person meant more college recruiters being in around the Corbin program and kids going to college to play

That’s exactly what I meant! Glad someone understood.
fansville Wrote:Sounds like BS but so what if him or anyone else sent texts or made comments to encourage kids. Let’s be honest here, it wouldn’t take much “recruiting” to get kids to pick Corbin over neighboring schools if they were serious players. These last few years if you were good enough of a player to start/contribute on the team and live in the tri-county area, why would you want to play anywhere other than Corbin?

You had to make a new name up to type this line of BS?
pjdoug Wrote:You had to make a new name up to type this line of BS?

Nope, just new to the site, doesn’t make what I said any less true. Since you are so convinced though, put me out names of these impact players that transferred to Corbin in the last 6 years. Like someone else said, I bet more players left for surrounding schools than transferred in. I’ll wait and maybe in the meantime we can get back to the coaching search topic.
pjdoug Wrote:You had to make a new name up to type this line of BS?

:hilarious::lmao::biglmao:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next