• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
Who will Corbin go after. Part one of the plan fulfilled.

Thoughts?
Greer?
May go after Dixon from Perry Central. That would be a good get if he would entertain the option.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

French would be part 2 of plan.
I wish the Hounds Program (who I have the utmost respect for) good luck in finding a replacement for Haddix.

They'll find a good one without a doubt.
How great this would be. Dudley gets the job (who Corbin hates) Greer returns to do defense as he was the DC at Bell during championship run and they finally return to excellence and win a championship 🏈💪
Hopefully we find someone that can keep up the momentum Haddix created over the past 5-6 years.
Larry French May be a hound soon.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Hopefully we find someone that can keep up the momentum Haddix created over the past 5-6 years.

Once people find out who is leaving with Haddix it will be an even bigger punch in the gut and step backwards, regardless who they hire.
This will be an interesting search to see if Corbin tries to hire one of their own or goes outside looking again.

If I were them I would pay Herron at Williamsburg whatever it took to get him.
Haddux takin kids from corbyn
Funy
Goin after some corbyn boys to play for us creekers
four quarters Wrote:How great this would be. Dudley gets the job (who Corbin hates) Greer returns to do defense as he was the DC at Bell during championship run and they finally return to excellence and win a championship 🏈💪

Lol! Now that would be something! 😂

Good luck to the Hounds. Haddix will be hard to replace. But he can be replaceable if the administration does a good job searching and hire the right man.
Larry French.
fridaynightfights Wrote:This will be an interesting search to see if Corbin tries to hire one of their own or goes outside looking again.
I'd say Herron likes it where he is and won't coach much longer.
If I were them I would pay Herron at Williamsburg whatever it took to get him.
I'd say Herron likes it where he is and wont coach much longer.
Corbin probably already knows who they are going to hire?
Granny Bear Wrote:Greer?

You’re probably spot on with this one.
Greer will be coaching for French next year. Mark it down. Deal already in works.
Whoever they hire will have some awfully big shoes to fill. Haddix raised the success expectations way above anyone since Powers/Adams era. Haddix did not have big shoes to fill as he inherited a stale program stuck in the 80s and he rose to rockstar status during his first season. Good luck to Corbin on their search for a coach...they better knock it out of the park or they will lose a lot of support and athletic $. I’m afraid they are about to take 3 steps back.
four quarters Wrote:How great this would be. Dudley gets the job (who Corbin hates) Greer returns to do defense as he was the DC at Bell during championship run and they finally return to excellence and win a championship 🏈💪

Looking at the beatings Haddix has given Bell County and Dudley over the past few years this would be a step back. I mean they have been some beat downs, Dudley has never beaten Haddix and neither has Bell County.
Will assistants come back from Whitley County?
If Greer, Mills, Mouser or Russell don't take the job would Tom Larkey come out of retirement, or possibly a combo with his son Chris?
watcher Wrote:Greer will be coaching for French next year. Mark it down. Deal already in works.

I agree with you on French. Not sure if Greer will be coaching under him but I do think this has a Larry French smell all over it.

I don't have any sources, inside knowledge or connections, or anything like that it's just a gut feeling I have. But I think Coach French looks at all the talent that Corbin has to offer over the next 3-5 years and he leaves Middlesboro to take over this talented Hound program so he can try to get another championship before hanging up his cleats and go out on top. And who knows, he may even want the Corbin job just to get the chance at beating his old team a time or two! Just my 2 cents on the matter.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree with you on French. Not sure if Greer will be coaching under him but I do think this has a Larry French smell all over it.

I don't have any sources, inside knowledge or connections, or anything like that it's just a gut feeling I have. But I think Coach French looks at all the talent that Corbin has to offer over the next 3-5 years and he leaves Middlesboro to take over this talented Hound program so he can try to get another championship before hanging up his cleats and go out on top. And who knows, he may even want the Corbin job just to get the chance at beating his old team a time or two! Just my 2 cents on the matter.

This also would be a step back Haddix beat Southwest 2 out of 3 and French would not schedule them anymore, unless you hire Haywood you are going backwards the only coach with a winning record against Haddix except Mayfield
cherokee Wrote:This also would be a step back Haddix beat Southwest 2 out of 3 and French would not schedule them anymore, unless you hire Haywood you are going backwards the only coach with a winning record against Haddix except Mayfield

I dont know, maybe it's just me, but one step back is better than ten. I'm not saying French is better than Haddix or vice versa, I'm just saying with the talent Corbin will have over the next few years a man like French, who is a proven winner and a multiple state champion, will know what to do with that talent and win. And for the record, as far as championships and wins, I'm almost positive French is a step up.
If I recall each year Haddix was successful at Corbin Greer was his DC and had a hand in all that was done. Last season the hounds fell off the map when Greer left. Doesn’t look like he was successful on his own.
And do what Haddix could not.
Ok you are back in time out
Boyle is a better program and better job so you can’t blame him for taking the job. That said, Corbin should’ve tried everything to keep Justin. Unfortunately, I don’t think (at least from what I hear) the “good ol boy network” cared enough. I’d be surprised to see Corbin hire another outsider. They had two good ones in Whitaker and Haddix ran them off/didn’t fight for them. French would be a great hire but you reap what you sew.
Running Back Wrote:If I recall each year Haddix was successful at Corbin Greer was his DC and had a hand in all that was done. Last season the hounds fell off the map when Greer left. Doesn’t look like he was successful on his own.

Boyle County is an elite football school one of the top in the state, they came looking for a coach and got Haddix. Corbin has a lot of talent coming back and must get the best available coach.
  • 1(current)
  • Next