Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Head Coaching Position
Personally I dont see a huge difference in any of the names mentioned outside of Moore in terms if experience and quality. Francis, from an Xs and Os standpoint is as qualified as anyone in the state, hasnt held a HC position but has been a key part of Racelands success and feeder system over the years. Armstrong, imo, doesnt have much of a leg up on anyone after his one year as a HC. And Hunt has alot if kids and parents in his corner. Most kids would run through a brick wall for him. All if that being said, that is why I think it will be someone in the current staff that gets the job and it will likely be Moore. He fits the mold that Greenup usually goes after. I think it comes down ti him ir an outside hire.
Wonder if John Gilliam has any interest? He would be a good one.
Mingo Wrote:Wonder if John Gilliam has any interest? He would be a good one.

How would he be a good one?
Champlin is a solid coach. He’s a Pikeville guy that has done well in a young career.
He has a ton of experience and has been very successful.
Greenup had the Football banquet yesterday and coach Moore was put in charge of the evening event. Coach Grizzle never showed up to give the senior class a farewell. I feel like that was a shady deal for those boy who have stuck by him for the past 4 seasons. How do you all feel about that?
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup had the Football banquet yesterday and coach Moore was put in charge of the evening event. Coach Grizzle never showed up to give the senior class a farewell. I feel like that was a shady deal for those boy who have stuck by him for the past 4 seasons. How do you all feel about that?

Perhaps the school told him not too. I know in many cases if the HC leaves before banquet, the former HC doesn't attend the team banquet at schools request.
Is there any word on the search for a new head coach?

I wouldn’t look to much into him not going to the banquet, wasn’t there a lot of parents upset with Grizzle already?
Greenup is always upset with their HC this tile of year, no matternthe circumstances or who it is.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Greenup is always upset with their HC this tile of year, no matternthe circumstances or who it is.

Goes the coach can never do enough
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup had the Football banquet yesterday and coach Moore was put in charge of the evening event. Coach Grizzle never showed up to give the senior class a farewell. I feel like that was a shady deal for those boy who have stuck by him for the past 4 seasons. How do you all feel about that?

That is horrible. Is he still teaching at the high school?
Mingo Wrote:That is horrible. Is he still teaching at the high school?

It’s not horrible! It’s the professional thing to do!
who cares if he showed up or not, he’s made his decision to move on and no matter what he does the rams says it was right and he does no wrong. Everyone has made peace with his decision, time to focus on a new era.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It’s not horrible! It’s the professional thing to do!

Some schools do ask coaches not to come if they are leaving. We can talk about it all day however, the bottom line is no one knows all the facts.
Oleballcoach Wrote:Some schools do ask coaches not to come if they are leaving. We can talk about it all day however, the bottom line is no one knows all the facts.
The school did not ask Grizzle to not come to the banquet. As usual he has no backbone. He can now tuck his tail and disappear to Hazard. They got a real stand up person. Notice I didn’t use the word Coach or Man... Moore done a good job at the banquet. He shouldn’t have been put in that situation. Bottom line is, those young men played 4 yrs for him. He owed them a hand shake at the very least. There would be bad feelings regardless of where he coached. 2 years in Hazard and they will see their mistake as well.
Funny how the Grizzle hire was a mistake, yet everyone sang his praises while he was there. Say what you want, he is the 2nd winningest coach and did it in half the time as the 1st winningest coach. Talk tallent and this and that all u want to. But his time at Greenup was better than all but one other coach.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Funny how the Grizzle hire was a mistake, yet everyone sang his praises while he was there. Say what you want, he is the 2nd winningest coach and did it in half the time as the 1st winningest coach. Talk tallent and this and that all u want to. But his time at Greenup was better than all but one other coach.

I don’t think anyone is denying that Grizzle was pretty successful at Greenup. Young coaches will make mistakes and I feel he might have burned some bridges at Greenup before he left. There has been some key details that I’ve been hearing that have not came out. Probably won’t come out until he has finished his job at Greenup. Time will tell. Good Luck to coach Grizzle!!
I was told they are doing interviews this week, for at least two coaches maybe three.
Bluegrass01 Wrote:The school did not ask Grizzle to not come to the banquet. As usual he has no backbone. He can now tuck his tail and disappear to Hazard. They got a real stand up person. Notice I didn’t use the word Coach or Man... Moore done a good job at the banquet. He shouldn’t have been put in that situation. Bottom line is, those young men played 4 yrs for him. He owed them a hand shake at the very least. There would be bad feelings regardless of where he coached. 2 years in Hazard and they will see their mistake as well.

So your choice for coach is good at throwing banquets ....Hahahah!Greenup football equals dumpster fire!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:So your choice for coach is good at throwing banquets ....Hahahah!Greenup football equals dumpster fire!

Zack Moore is a better football coach than Salmons lol

If he had Raceland’s players you’d see that
Bama-Cat Wrote:I don’t think anyone is denying that Grizzle was pretty successful at Greenup. Young coaches will make mistakes and I feel he might have burned some bridges at Greenup before he left. There has been some key details that I’ve been hearing that have not came out. Probably won’t come out until he has finished his job at Greenup. Time will tell. Good Luck to coach Grizzle!!
There are some key details that need to come out before the let him leave. A few questions need to be answered. I was informed that the right people know. We’ll see if he is held accountable... He will now use one of his accounts to change the subject. Lol
You are obsessed with Coach Grizzle. I feel sorry for anyone that gets that job.
I hope to see a coach come in that the boys can respect. When a coach goes to bat for his team and players, they will want to run through a brick wall for him.
There is no coach in the state that can survive the back stabbing and evil works from the daddy coaches at GC! Look at the coach’s that have come and gone....whoever gets this job will he talked about just like this in three years! For all those that are thinking about applying please read here first cause they will eat your young in GC of you don’t go 15-0! Hell....they probably still wouldn’t be happy!!
Been around GC football for a while and have to say we’ve had our woes. The comments about daddy coaches aren’t any more of an issue than any other program has. I have always said, that as a fan we can grumble all we want but we aren’t the coach. I may not have agreed with everything that has happened with our past coach and would like to have seen him utilize other options available to him but I can say this. Grizzle was the most involved coach in my era and worked to make the program better. Id love to have experienced other outcomes but once again I wasn’t the coach. The staff Grizzle built was top notch and followed his lead the way a staff should. A good bunch of guys. Only one coach on the sideline associated as a father and he was great to all the kids and an asset in the weight room. Lastly.... The Ram Faithfuls tend to stir on this site and to be honest it’s usually a small percentage of you. So keep squalling and maybe the 20 people on this thread will hear the same old rhetoric that spews from your ego filled brains. Good luck to Grizzle and Good luck to us Musketeer faithfuls on the hiring of our new coach.
16th region chatter on Twitter reports Greenup is getting closer to hiring a coach. Any thoughts?
Friday Night Wrote:16th region chatter on Twitter reports Greenup is getting closer to hiring a coach. Any thoughts?

If it's Moore (which is what everyone seems to think) I don't understand what the delay is.

If it's an outside hire, then there isn't much info going around about any of those candidates.
Slic Ric Wrote:If it's Moore (which is what everyone seems to think) I don't understand what the delay is.

If it's an outside hire, then there isn't much info going around about any of those candidates.

Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to land an assistant with some state rings on his hand. I have no idea, but if would be a smart move to take someone that is from a culture of winning.
I kind of expect Moore to get the job. Would really suprise me if they dont give him the job. I havent heard much other than Vanderhoof(Randys nephew not himself), Hunt, and Moore applying and or interviewing. When Mullins left, no one was very interested and they went and reached out to Grizzle. I think they will make the hire from in house, just my thoughts. I think Moore is a solid hire. Though most likely we will continue to see this revolving door of coaching carousel every 3-5 years, if they dont find another young and hungry coach.