Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Head Coaching Position
Who are the leading candidates to fill this position? Will the administration hire in house?
The word on the street that it most likely will be a in house hire. But you know how rumors go around a small town.
I have not been on in a while, but wanted to get some thoughts on news I have been hearing. The word on the street is Bruce Hunt’s name is getting used a lot as a potential replacement? I hope this is not the case for Greenup Co. Everything I have heard about Coach Hunt is that he’s a great person so this is not a personally shot at him at all. Watching as a fan of football, it seems like his lack of knowledge to the X and Os would set back GC to the stone ages. I would think he would be a great hire as an assistant coach but don’t think he’s your answer for HC Musketeer fans.

Personally I hear the Moore guy who has been on the staff would be a good option in house. Other then that I am not sure why they would not open up the search to some people from the surrounding area. I am sure assistant coaches at Wheelersburg and Ironton are dying to get a shot at their HC chance.

Just my thoughts, want to hear some of yours.
16th_Region_Fan Wrote:I have not been on in a while, but wanted to get some thoughts on news I have been hearing. The word on the street is Bruce Hunt’s name is getting used a lot as a potential replacement? I hope this is not the case for Greenup Co. Everything I have heard about Coach Hunt is that he’s a great person so this is not a personally shot at him at all. Watching as a fan of football, it seems like his lack of knowledge to the X and Os would set back GC to the stone ages. I would think he would be a great hire as an assistant coach but don’t think he’s your answer for HC Musketeer fans.

Personally I hear the Moore guy who has been on the staff would be a good option in house. Other then that I am not sure why they would not open up the search to some people from the surrounding area. I am sure assistant coaches at Wheelersburg and Ironton are dying to get a shot at their HC chance.

Just my thoughts, want to hear some of yours.

I’ve heard Moore, Vanderhoof, and Francis. However it’s hard to say, the job isn’t posted yet.
Moore has the interim spot as of now. Hearing interest in East Carters head coach. Not saying there is reciprocated interest but watching over last few years I believe it would be a good hire. Would like to see a hire with some past experience as a head coach and willing to explore options with different styles of offenses. The spread is awesome with the right athletes. GC lost a key component needed for a spread offense and there is talent coming back out of the younger classes. Existing staff members are top notch. It’s like watching a reality show take place in your home town when there is a coaching change. This should be interesting
Oleballcoach Wrote:I’ve heard Moore, Vanderhoof, and Francis. However it’s hard to say, the job isn’t posted yet.

Randy Vanderhoof?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Profit Wrote:Moore has the interim spot as of now. Hearing interest in East Carters head coach. Not saying there is reciprocated interest but watching over last few years I believe it would be a good hire. Would like to see a hire with some past experience as a head coach and willing to explore options with different styles of offenses. The spread is awesome with the right athletes. GC lost a key component needed for a spread offense and there is talent coming back out of the younger classes. Existing staff members are top notch. It’s like watching a reality show take place in your home town when there is a coaching change. This should be interesting

It wouldn’t make any sense for Champlin to leave. East will have a lot more talent the next 3 seasons than Greenup will.
Champlain has close ties to Greenup and a history there. If the money was right all coaches can be persuaded. He was a name that was thrown around the gossip circles here in the county
Profit Wrote:Champlain has close ties to Greenup and a history there. If the money was right all coaches can be persuaded. He was a name that was thrown around the gossip circles here in the county

Greenup will be the 4 seed in their district for the next 3 years. He must be getting good money if he’s leaving a team that is guaranteed to have more success over the course of the next 3 seasons.
Profit Wrote:Moore has the interim spot as of now. Hearing interest in East Carters head coach. Not saying there is reciprocated interest but watching over last few years I believe it would be a good hire. Would like to see a hire with some past experience as a head coach and willing to explore options with different styles of offenses. The spread is awesome with the right athletes. GC lost a key component needed for a spread offense and there is talent coming back out of the younger classes. Existing staff members are top notch. It’s like watching a reality show take place in your home town when there is a coaching change. This should be interesting

Seems to be a tough place right now....especially with Russell on the up tick. Ashland is always pretty good. What kind of talent is in the GC hopper presently?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Seems to be a tough place right now....especially with Russell on the up tick. Ashland is always pretty good. What kind of talent is in the GC hopper presently?

As long as that district consist of Ashland, East Carter, Greenup, and Russell nobody will win it other than Ashland or Russell.
Next couple of years in Greenup will be a little tough. Whoever takes this job will reap benefits from a very good group from last seasons freshman and an outstanding group of this years 8th grade. Whoever it is will be able to claim it’s future all on his own accord
Oleballcoach Wrote:I’ve heard Moore, Vanderhoof, and Francis. However it’s hard to say, the job isn’t posted yet.

Interesting! I have not heard Vanderhoof and that one is a little hard to believe. I don’t see him throwing his name in the hat but I could be wrong. He’s a great coach with an impressive resume.

I have to disagree with some people on the thread though. I do think GC takes their lumps next year but hear good things about the wireman kid as QB. Still a tough district. Need to revamp the schedule to get some more for sure wins. Similar to what Champlin has done at EC. Get wins so kids come out.
Jarons Wrote:Randy Vanderhoof?

No, it’s the vanderhoof who was hired to start the wolf co football program then let go is trying to get the job not Randy
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No, it’s the vanderhoof who was hired to start the wolf co football program then let go is trying to get the job not Randy

It’s Randy’s Nephew from what I was told this morning. Could he get Randy to come with and be the OC.
With all the championships won in eastern ky. One would think a school of their size would at least consider an assistant from one of those championship teams.
Oleballcoach Wrote:It’s Randy’s Nephew from what I was told this morning. Could he get Randy to come with and be the OC.

I don’t see them giving the job the his nephew in the first place but If they did I would be totally surprised if Randy went to greenup
I was told that there is a petition that was setup for Bruce Hunt. I’m not sure how much that helps or hurts him.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I don’t see them giving the job the his nephew in the first place but If they did I would be totally surprised if Randy went to greenup

I don't see any way that Randy goes to Greenup Co in any capacity. I would be surprised.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I don't see any way that Randy goes to Greenup Co in any capacity. I would be surprised.

I know what you mean, really we don’t what’s going on. I just looked at the school website and it wasn’t even posted yet. But I do like hearing all the rumors
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:With all the championships won in eastern ky. One would think a school of their size would at least consider an assistant from one of those championship teams.

Greenup is a hard sale. Plain and simple
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Greenup is a hard sale. Plain and simple

Do you think that they’ll go after Armstrong?
I know alot around the program want Hunt, the JR high coach, but I dont think that those making the hire do. Idk why. Imo he is a good option. But I figure there are HS assistant ls and coordinators from the area they will reach out to first.
Francis has wanted a head coaching job for a while I’m sure he will apply
Oleballcoach Wrote:Do you think that they’ll go after Armstrong?

From Fairview? If that’s who you’re referring to then Greenup is a job he should consider IMO.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Francis has wanted a head coaching job for a while I’m sure he will apply

Imo, Francis is due a HC job somewhere. Kids always love him and he absolutely loves coaching them and he knows his stuff.
WestCarterComet Wrote:From Fairview? If that’s who you’re referring to then Greenup is a job he should consider IMO.

Moving back to GC would be a step up for him I think. But, it may be a long shot for either side to have interest. Idk why though. But I'd be suprised if that ends up happening.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Moving back to GC would be a step up for him I think. But, it may be a long shot for either side to have interest. Idk why though. But I'd be suprised if that ends up happening.

What are the odds Fairview even has a school in 5 years? Besides the gap between Fairview and Painstville is probably farther than the gap between Greenup and Ashland. Greenup would be a much better job for Armstrong than Fairview is.
Greenup has officially began the process of finding a new head coach today per Greenup's athletic twitter.
Moore would be a good hire.
Francis would be solid.
Armstrong would be a guy who would keep it a long time and be a solid hire.
They have some other assistants who could be good hires.

If I’m them I’m going for Moore or Armstrong as the top guys. Moore is the best coach, Armstrong would be a good hire though and be there for the long haul.

If Greenup hires Hunt it will be a colossal failure. All I’m going to say on him.